• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,188
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, the saints of the highest one is us and the time period is that of the millennium.  Sorry, but that's the only correct way to see it.

And yet, the translators never translated it any other way than on.   How is it that you know more than they do?   The thing is that Greek and Hebrew aside being more nuanced than English, are more precise.   I would expect that a teacher would know that. And there are reasons, grammatically why it is "on" and not "over"  and  I would add that "over"  doesn't mean "above"  necessarily.   But people who don't know Greek or Hebrew are really good at trying to muddy the water about what words mean, when the Scriptures don't agree with their false teaching.  It's a way of forcing the Bible to mean what you want it to mean, rather than letting the text speak for itself.

Jesus' throne during the millennium is the throne of David and is located in the Temple that is described in Ezekiel 40-48.   So He will be on the earth, reigning.  That's the Bible way to look at it.

Hi Shiloh,

As we are getting right off topic, would you like to have this discussion in the soap-box forum?

Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Shiloh,

As we are getting right off topic, would you like to have this discussion in the soap-box forum?

Marilyn.

sure, set it up.  I will also give you the opening post to introduce the topic and make your case.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Some interesting thoughts have come to light in this thread.

Someone proposed that a sinless sacrifice was not all that was needed to bring about salvation.  I have come to agree.  Thank you to those who made the connections for me.  

We needed a sinless sacrifice to defeat death.  Death has no power over that which is sinless but as it pertains to authority we needed a higher authority than the principalities and powers in place whose gifts and callings are without repentance.  Jesus makes that possible because he is the pre-existing son of God.  He came before all so he is above all.  John declared it when he spoke of him being before him in chapter 1 of John.  And when Jesus said that before Abraham was that he was.  

This pre-eminance makes the Word of God who became flesh the only solution to the problem at hand.  

I have yet to see anything more than logical specualtion to connect this doctrine of the immaculate conception of Mary to Gods story of salvation.  Thanks to those who participated.  We know all things are upheld by the word of God and that for now many false things shelter under that which he has said such as Islam and Hinduism.  

Come Lord Jesus

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

sure, set it up.  I will also give you the opening post to introduce the topic and make your case.

Hi Shiloh,

Great. Look forward to debating with you bro.

Marilyn.

1 minute ago, gdemoss said:

Some interesting thoughts have come to light in this thread.

Someone proposed that a sinless sacrifice was not all that was needed to bring about salvation.  I have come to agree.  Thank you to those who made the connections for me.  

We needed a sinless sacrifice to defeat death.  Death has no power over that which is sinless but as it pertains to authority we needed a higher authority than the principalities and powers in place whose gifts and callings are without repentance.  Jesus makes that possible because he is the pre-existing son of God.  He came before all so he is above all.  John declared it when he spoke of him being before him in chapter 1 of John.  And when Jesus said that before Abraham was that he was.  

This pre-eminance makes the Word of God who became flesh the only solution to the problem at hand.  

I have yet to see anything more than logical specualtion to connect this doctrine of the immaculate conception of Mary to Gods story of salvation.  Thanks to those who participated.  We know all things are upheld by the word of God and that for now many false things shelter under that which he has said such as Islam and Hinduism.  

Come Lord Jesus

Hi gdemoss,

I must really apologise for going right off topic. Please forgive me.

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

5 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi gdemoss,

I must really apologise for going right off topic. Please forgive me.

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn, you are fine. Thank you.  I take no offense.

Just now, gdemoss said:

Marilyn, you are fine. Thank you.  I take no offense.

:D