Paper mache

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

To start off, I want to make it clear that I know that doing rituals and being religious doesn't save us. I believe we are saved by the grace of God, and only by the grace of God. It is the relationship with God that saves, not the religion (the rituals we do, going to church, etc.), although a healthy relationship with God will most of the time cause us to be religious towards Him.

Now that that's out of the way, let's get to the point of this topic. I wanted to ask, is it alright to want to be more religious? As in, wanting to do more rituals? For some time, I was drawn to the Roman Catholic Church. Not because of their doctrine, but because of their rituals and religious practices. Something about the way they did their rituals was attracting me, and I still feel a pull even today. I disagree with a lot of Catholic doctrine, but I am still drawn to their rituals. I'm drawn to their Rosary beads even though I don't believe in praying to Mary/the Saints (I pray directly to God for everything that I need). I'm drawn to their Sacrament of Confession/Penance even though I believe we can go directly to God to get forgiveness. Lots of things like that.

If it's okay to want to be more religious, then how can I become more religious, without necessarily adopting Roman Catholic rituals such as praying the Rosary or going to Confession? I read my Bible and pray, although I admit that I don't do either as much as I should. I go to church twice on Sundays and once on Wednesdays, most weeks (we seem to be missing more frequently due to illness these last couple months). If it's not okay to want to be more religious, then why do I feel this way? I know that rituals don't save. But I feel the urge to do them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Looks like your being drawn by the wrong spirit, 2 Cor.  11:14, And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

This angel of light will devour you if you let him;

1 Peter 5:8, Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Keep praying to the Father for your desires, in the Name of Jesus and try and forget the trappings of other religions,

John 6:44, No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Guest BacKaran

As a former rcc, I can tell you it's the deceit of something different. A friend of mine said the same thing, I like the rituals. Only problem is the rituals are being done and not explained to you biblically as to why they are not needed.

Four things were explained to the apostles.

Fellowship

Prayer

Worship

Breaking of bread

That's it's. Yes we need Jesus but there's no need for useless repetitive useless prayers to the dead or Mary.

Please see out a biblical exposition preaching church that used hermanuetics. The rcc will never use these as it exposes the deceit of their false religion while giving those who listen discernment.

Please pray with your friends, do not get caught up in any false man made religion.

Always ask questions... Why does the priest use incense? There's no need for it, she's on the forehead, no reason for it, rosary beads, no reason to have it.

Please check out Mike Gendron at www.pro-gospel.org for more info on the rcc.

Blessings

Karan ?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

I think 'religion' is bound up in the heart of every man, they want to 'experience God' in one way or another.

God wants our walk to be of faith according to His Word so that even when the bottom is coming out of our lives our trust is in Him and His Word and not in the smells and bells, sacred spaces, holy faces or even in our good deeds.

Can you 'do the religious thing'? Sure, but if you have a propensity towards such things be careful you don't get re-entangled in them and become once again blinded to the living God.

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Looks like your being drawn by the wrong spirit, 2 Cor.  11:14, And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

This angel of light will devour you if you let him;

1 Peter 5:8, Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Keep praying to the Father for your desires, in the Name of Jesus and try and forget the trappings of other religions,

John 6:44, No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 hour ago, BacKaran said:

As a former rcc, I can tell you it's the deceit of something different. A friend of mine said the same thing, I like the rituals. Only problem is the rituals are being done and not explained to you biblically as to why they are not needed.

Four things were explained to the apostles.

Fellowship

Prayer

Worship

Breaking of bread

That's it's. Yes we need Jesus but there's no need for useless repetitive useless prayers to the dead or Mary.

Please see out a biblical exposition preaching church that used hermanuetics. The rcc will never use these as it exposes the deceit of their false religion while giving those who listen discernment.

Please pray with your friends, do not get caught up in any false man made religion.

Always ask questions... Why does the priest use incense? There's no need for it, she's on the forehead, no reason for it, rosary beads, no reason to have it.

Please check out Mike Gendron at www.pro-gospel.org for more info on the rcc.

Blessings

Karan ?

Thank you all for your answers! They do make me think.