IGNORED

Does the Spirit always remain in the born-again believer?

ZacharyB

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

Nothing shall separate "us" believers, from the love of God. Of course, you know it says nothing about salvation.

These christians already have salvation. Why do you think they're called believers? :rolleyes:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

Nothing shall separate "us" believers, from the love of God. Of course, you know it says nothing about salvation.

I don't know if anyone has asked this of you as yet but, are you a Christian Jeff2? Do you profess Jesus Christ as your Savior Jeff2?

23 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Yes Jeff!! In this life, it's not what you know, it's who you know. Do you know Jesus Christ?

No answer yet..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

23 hours ago, ZacharyB said:

YES! ... How do you like the dire warnings about losing eternal life,

if you do NOT endure in your faith ... during the tribulation of the antichrist,

and during the incredible pressure to take the mark of the beast?

If their faith is not genuine to begin with, they cannot lose what they do not have.  Saving faith is more than intellectual assent.  Saving faith BELIEVES, (adheres to, clings to, relies on, trusts in).  Both are from the same Greek word.  The word belief could be substituted for faith.  We are saved by the Person we rely on, trust and stick to.  Confessing that Jesus is Lord can only be done by the power of the Holy Spirit.  1 Cor. 12:3  

Many people want fire insurance; they don't what to go to hell so they want a Savior.  But they are unable to acknowledge Jesus as being Lord.  To be saved He must be our Lord-- King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  This requires the surrender of our hearts and wills, our spirits, souls and bodies.  Complete surrender to Him as Lord.  Thus we become bond-slaves, willingly bonding to our Master.  Otherwise we are slaves to sin so we have to choose our master.   When we receive Jesus as God in human flesh, the Christ sent from God the Father, God becomes our Father by adoption, as well as being born from above.  His Spirit seals us as His own.  We crave fellowship with Him, being renewed in our minds daily through the Word and prayer.  God supplies our needs. 

It is not a battle between faith and works.  A living faith produces works by default, by the life of Christ within us.  

But I hope to be long gone before the antichrist arrives. And I have no fear of losing Christ or His Spirit since He cries Daddy within me. I have also entered the rest of the finished work of the cross, having ceased from my own works. So I trust God to keep me.  But not all have entered that rest.  Not all have surrendered to Christ their Lord or are even able to confess Him as Lord.  These I pray for, witness to and love in hope that God will grant them mercy and bring them to Himself as He did me.  

On 4/12/2017 at 4:30 PM, ZacharyB said:

if you do NOT endure in your faith ... during the tribulation of the antichrist,

and during the incredible pressure to take the mark of the beast?

Pre trib Zach.. https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/206384-92317-rev-125-x-etc/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

22 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

.....I believe there is the 3rd option, having been Saved but choose to rebel & reject God,,,,,,

pretty much almost like lucifer did

Yes ...

-- Satan and the angels who were deceived by him,

-- the Israelites who chose to be disobedient and chose to be sinners,

-- new covenant believers who choose to be disobedient and choose to be sinners

... all of these will NOT be in heaven (according to Scripture).

Edited by ZacharyB

22 hours ago, Teditis said:

Because it is a doctrine of Salvation through works.

Sorry, but you don't have the first clue what "Salvation through works" means!

E.G. When Jesus says those who follow Him have eternal life ...

(when following Him includes picking up their crosses and carrying them down that narrow path),

... is He talking about "Salvation through works"?  Sure sounds like work to me!

Obeying Jesus and co-operating with the Holy Spirit ... these are NOT considered WORKS!

Edited by ZacharyB

20 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

On 4/12/2017 at 4:30 PM, ZacharyB said:

and during the incredible pressure to take the mark of the beast

... you will lose any eternal life you may have had.

This is absolutely guaranteed to be true in the NT.

E.G. How many born-again believers will stand by and watch their families die of starvation?

So much easier to take the dreaded mark of the beast, get some food, and survive!

Those of us who are alive will get to CHOOSE between surviving physically or surviving spiritually.

In that day it will be one or the other. Scripture says so, not me!

Edited by ZacharyB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Willa,,,,

Nicely said.....I especially like this.....

So I trust God to keep me.  But not all have entered that rest.  Not all have surrendered to Christ their Lord or are even able to confess Him as Lord.  These I pray for, witness to and love in hope that God will grant them mercy and bring them to Himself as He did me.  

And as you said prior to that"  Saving faith is more than intellectual assent" .....exactly

and I do Believe this as well....

new covenant believers who choose to be disobedient and choose to be sinners

EG:

How many born-again believers will stand by and watch their families die of starvation?

So much easier to take the dreaded mark of the beast, get some food, and survive!

Those of us who are alive will get to CHOOSE between surviving physically or surviving spiritually.

In that day it will be one or the other. Scripture says so, not me!                                         ZacharyB

Many will respond by saying these that are still here at this time were not Saved to begin with because they believe in pre-trib rapture.....I do not,uh oh,hope I did not intend to start that controversy.....

Guest Teditis
1 hour ago, ZacharyB said:

Sorry, but you don't have the first clue what "Salvation through works" means!

E.G. When Jesus says those who follow Him have eternal life ...

(when following Him includes picking up their crosses and carrying them down that narrow path),

... is He talking about "Salvation through works"?  Sure sounds like work to me!

Obeying Jesus and co-operating with the Holy Spirit ... these are NOT considered WORKS!

I'm not sure what you're saying because you seem to contradict yourself in this post.

You say that it isn't work to pick up our cross and follow Jesus... but then you say that

it sure sounds like work to you. Which is it?

For the Holy Spirit filled believer, it is no work to live a life that imitates Jesus' life style.

We are indwelled with a Spirit that sees self-sacrifice and obedience as a way of life that

brings joy to ourselves and others.

You see it as another Law that you have to obey and conform to unwillingly. You seem to

be living under the old covenant.