IGNORED

Does the Spirit always remain in the born-again believer?

ZacharyB

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

And those whom he called had their names written in the Lamb's
book of life before Father created the world. God doesn't use White-Out.
Those names blotted out of the book are spoken of in scripture because 
God's foreknowledge knew those whom would not be in the book because 
they would not hearken unto the truth of God through Christ. 

First of all, theological fiction will not undo the fact that John 10 is conditional. You cannot invent some mystery book written before creation; no such thing exists in Scripture. So, all of this white-out, and the self-contradictory statement that names cannot be blotted out, because they were not in the Book of Life.  In order to be blotted out, a name has to be in there in the first place.

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

If anyone base their salvation on themselves as to ability to perform saving effort >their lost< and will not make it as these

Matthew 7:22 (KJV)

[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

because they were relying on their works... their taking of that set out for burning and expecting eternal significance! The world's cursed and filled with sinners so you really think you can manipulate that which is here and gain eternal life with it ... wake up and know when the Son was begging The Father in prayer in the garden with His Own Blood flow for another way-> there was none and He alone 'The Perfect Sacrifice' was sent by The Father to the cross... throw the necessity of works in this and you loose the whole point of salvation that is shown, written, and known by His born of Him.... Love, Steven

You interject an issue that is off topic. No one here has said that they based their salvation in themselves. Besides, when I got saved, I was taught and believed in Eternal Security. Sin no longer matters; I am sure for heaven. But I changed my mind as I read Scripture, and since rebellion and sinning cannot make me lose my salvation, neither can Legalism, for all sins are the same.

Sadly, you prove OSAS to be false by implying that if a Christian were a Legalist, that they are lost. Strange how OSAS people like to accuse Christians that believe Scripture and God's commands to obedience, are somehow not Eternally Secure. In light of the fact that Scripture condemns Lawless Antinomianism far more often than it does Legalism, you cannot be consistent and parse what sins are covered by Eternal Security.

Edited by Jeff2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Jeff2 said:

You interject an issue that is off topic. No one here has said that they based their salvation in themselves. Besides, when I got saved, I was taught and believed in Eternal Security. Sin no longer matters; I am sure for heaven. But I changed my mind as I read Scripture, and since rebellion and sinning cannot make me lose my salvation, neither can Legalism, for all sins are the same.

Sadly, you prove OSAS to be false by implying that if a Christian were a Legalist, that they are lost. Strange how OSAS people like to accuse Christians that believe Scripture and God's commands to obedience, are somehow not Eternally Secure. In light of the fact that Scripture condemns Lawless Antinomianism far more often than it does Legalism, you cannot be consistent and parse what sins are covered by Eternal Security.

You misunderstand eternal salvation and security in Jesus Christ through God's grace. 

There is no teaching in scripture that states sin no longer matters. You were taught wrongly if that is what you were led to believe. Those who are in Christ as Father's word tells us , do not make a habit of sinning.  Just as before we found Christ through Father's grace and by his will God's word also says, if we say we do not sin there is no truth in us. We were sinners in need of a Savior. Jesus. Who said he did not come for the righteous but for the sinners. 

When we were saved the Father remembers our sins no more. Imagine what you're attempting to impart here and reflect on that scripture. We were sinners, we found Christ through Father's grace. We repented of our sins. 

We were redeemed, baptized, buried with Christ as he was in the tomb after dying on the cross to bear the sins of the world upon himself as the propitiation of our sins. Removed from the cross, placed in the tomb for three days, and on the third day arose from the dead. Baptism symbolic of our being buried in our sins, and arising clean because those sins were cast under the blood of the perfect Lamb, Christ, who bled on the cross. And by those wounds we are healed. 

To then argue that we being reborn, washed clean of the sins Father shall remember no more, sealed with Father's Holy Spirit, are then cast back into the realm of the dead, the sinner, so that Father has accomplished nothing is blasphemy. 

The believer in Christ is sealed with God's Holy Spirit. Indwelt by that Helper that guides the faithful through this world. Jesus died to assure us eternal salvation. Not temporary transitory respite as we continue to be damned and sinners carrying around God's sacred and Holy Spirit in a damned sinner host that is our-self. 

Please do not argue contrary to the Gospel of Salvation here. Jesus died for you. For God the Father so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 

1 John 5:11-13 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

39 Bible Verses about Eternal Salvation

There is no teaching in scripture that states sin no longer matters.

Exactly! That is the inevitable and irrefutable outcome of the doctrine of Eternal Security. If sin does not matter to our salvation after we are saved, (OSAS, Eternal Security), then OSAS and Eternal Security are proven false.  

When we were saved the Father remembers our sins no more. 

So, does God see our sins, and he who sins is of the Devil? Are the wages of sin still death? Has God changed the Law of sin and death?

You misunderstand eternal salvation and security in Jesus Christ through God's grace.  

It's not what I misunderstand, it is what I do understand from the Scriptures.

28 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

Exactly! That is the inevitable and irrefutable outcome of the doctrine of Eternal Security. If sin does not matter to our salvation after we are saved, (OSAS, Eternal Security), then OSAS and Eternal Security are proven false.  

No, that's not what eternal salvation is nor does it promote that. 

So, does God see our sins, and he who sins is of the Devil? Are the wages of sin still death? Has God changed the Law of sin and death?

Our sins do not condemn us because we have a mediator in Jesus. 

It's not what I misunderstand, it is what I do understand from the Scriptures.

And you're understanding is flawed because you were instructed wrongly in the beginning. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 hours ago, Jeff2 said:

You interject an issue that is off topic. No one here has said that they based their salvation in themselves.

anyone who suggest works as necessary for salvation are doing that very thing -basing salvation in themselves..

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

21 hours ago, Jeff2 said:

And in the very next chapter, God says that OSAS is the original lie of the devil. Gen. 3:3, "but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God said, "You shall not eat from it or touch it, lest you die." Verse 4, "And the serpent said to the woman, "You surely shall not die! OSAS is certainly proved to be the very doctrine of the devil that Adam and Eve believed. The sin-and-win teaching of today is no different.   

-

Fascinating pretext based on no context given you've got going there, Jeff2.

This might come as a shock to you, Jeff2, but Satan wants you to believe that you can lose your salvation.

Satan wants you to believe that you have no security in Christ and needs you to believe that you can't depend on God to maintain your salvation.

Satan wants you to build your salvation, not on the Blood of Jesus or the fact of the Grace of God as a Gift, but rather He wants you to try to save yourself using all the verses you can find that he can convince you teach that your salvation is based on YOUR BEHAVIOR or How you THINK.

Satan will take you to the epistle to the   "Hebrew's".. BEAR TRAP = Chapters 4-6 & 10, and then he will obsess you with  James's verses about "dead faith", and then he'll lay some deep traps for you in Matthew 24-25, and finally He'll have you so confounded and deceived that you'll end up quoting almost exclusively from the Old Testament to try to convince everyone you can find that you can "prove" you can lose your salvation.

And who but the DEVIL would want "christians" chasing other christians around trying to make them doubt their salvation is eternal and secure? .

It is amazing the numbers in the  ARMY of deceived people whom Satan has enlisted in his effort to attempt to create chaos in the minds of sincere believers regarding the truth about their God given Eternal Security.

Edited by Behold

Fascinating pretext based on no context given you've got going there, Jeff2. 
This might come as a shock to you, Jeff2, but Satan wants you to believe that you can lose your salvation. 

As fascinating as it may be, OSAS is the original lie in the Garden; people are still agreeing with the serpent over God! 

anyone who suggest works as necessary for salvation are doing that
very thing -basing salvation in themselves.. 

Poor Jesus, Paul, Peter, James, John and Jude!