IGNORED

Does the Spirit always remain in the born-again believer?

ZacharyB

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

anyone who suggest works as necessary for salvation are doing that
very thing -basing salvation in themselves.. 

Poor Jesus, Paul, Peter, James, John and Jude!

What do you mean by that?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

The Antinomian Creed

By John Fletcher

Upon their doctrinal systems they raise a tower of presumption, whence they bid defiance both to the law and Gospel of Jesus. His law says, "Love God with all thy heart, and thy neighbour as thyself, that thou mayest live" in glory. "If thou wilt enter into the life" (of glory,) "keep the commandments." But this raises their pity, instead of commanding their respect, and exciting their diligence. "Moses is buried," they say; "we have nothing to do with the law! We are not under the law to Christ! Jesus is not a Lawgiver to control, but a redeemer to save us." 

The Gospel cries to them," Repent and believe!" (Mark 1:15,) and just as if God was to be the penitent, believing sinner, they carelessly reply, "The Lord must do all; repentance and faith are His works, and they will be done in the day of His power; and so without resistance they decently follow the stream of worldly vanities and fleshly lusts. 

St. Paul cries, "If ye live after the flesh, ye shall die." (Rom. 1:13,) "We know better," answer they "there are neither ifs nor conditions in all the Gospel." He adds, "This one thing I do, leaving the things that are behind, I press toward the mark for the prize of my high calling in Christ Jesus-the crown of life. Be ye followers of me. Run also the race that is set before you." "What! say they, "would you have us run and work for life? Will you always harp upon that legal string, Do! do! instead of telling us that we have nothing to do, but to believe that all is done?"

St. James cries, "Show your faith by your works; faith without works is dead already, (James 2:26,) much more that which is accompanied by bad works." "What!" say they, "do you think the lamp of faith can be put out as a candle can be extinguished, by not being suffered to shine? We orthodox hold just the contrary: we maintain both that faith can never die, and that living faith is consistent not only with the omission of good works, but with the commission of the most horrid crimes."

St. Peter bids them "give all diligence to make their election sure, by adding to their faith virtue," etc. (2 Pet. 1:10,) "Legal stuff!" say they, "The covenant is well ordered in all things sure: neither will our virtue save us, nor our sins damn us." 

St. John comes next, and declares, "He that sinneth is of the devil." (1 Jn. 3:8,) "What! say they, "do you think to make us converts to Arminianism, by thus insinuating that a man can be a child of God today, and a child of the devil tomorrow?"

St. Jude advances last, and charges them to, "keep themselves in the love of God;" (Jude 21,) and they supinely reply, "We can do nothing." Besides, "We are as easy and as safe without a frame as with one."

With the seven-fold shield of the Antinomian faith they could fight the twelve apostles round, and come off, in their own imagination, more than conquerors.

http://biblical-theology.net/antinomian_creed.htm

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

46 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

Fascinating pretext based on no context given you've got going there, Jeff2. 
This might come as a shock to you, Jeff2, but Satan wants you to believe that you can lose your salvation. 

As fascinating as it may be, OSAS is the original lie in the Garden; people are still agreeing with the serpent over God! 

You may not realize this yet, but "In the Garden", there was no CROSS, no ATONEMENT, and no LAW.

So,  Jeff2, to say you are "off base" theologically,  is like saying....  " warming ice cream in a microwave is "crazy".

And true to form, and typical of your ilk, and as i stated previously....once a person is infected with Satanic "Grace-Hate", they will run straight to the Old Testament to try to undo and then redo New Testament Redemption.

You are right on cue Jeff2, and as predictable as snow being white on its way down from the clouds.

And one more thing....In my considerable history of dealing with all types of heretics, i have discovered that 100% of the time they spend 99% of their study time with "theological studies", while 1% of their study time they actually pick up a New Testament.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

37 minutes ago, Behold said:

You may not realize this yet, but "In the Garden", there was no CROSS, no ATONEMENT, and no LAW.

So,  Jeff2, to say you are "off base" theologically,  is like saying....  " warming ice cream in a microwave is "crazy".

And true to form, and typical of your ilk, and as i stated previously....once a person is infected with Satanic "Grace-Hate", they will run straight to the Old Testament to try to undo and then redo New Testament Redemption.

You are right on cue Jeff2, and as predictable as snow being white on its way down from the clouds.

And one more thing....In my considerable history of dealing with all types of heretics, i have discovered that 100% of the time they spend 99% of their study time with "theological studies", while 1% of their study time they actually pick up a New Testament.

Behold has been banned from this thread due to this personal attack.

And true to form, and typical of your ilk, and as i stated previously....
once a person is infected with Satanic "Grace-Hate", they will run 
straight to the Old Testament to try to undo and then redo 
New Testament Redemption. 

Hopefully anyone looking at my comments all over this Forum, one could easily ascertain that this is the sole instance where I appealed to Genesis, or any of the Old Testament. But without the foundation of Genesis, there is no reference point for most of the New Testament.  

I would reply as Paul would... "Have I become your enemy because I tell you the truth? " Galatians 4:16.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

16 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

Hopefully anyone looking at my comments all over this Forum, one could easily ascertain that this is the sole instance where I appealed to Genesis, or any of the Old Testament. But without the foundation of Genesis, there is no reference point for most of the New Testament.  

You're right, sin brings death. However..

Rom 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Rom 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

Separate us from the love of God, not salvation. Paul is dealing in context with persecution, he is saying that all these things (which are all outside of the believer themselves) external worldly and spiritual influences, do not indicate that they are not in the love of God.

Christians were being crucified, burned at the stake, fed to the Lions. The World would say "Where is your God now"? Paul is saying that nothing in this world affecting them is an indication that God does not love them.

As Jude 21 would exhort Christians... "keep yourselves in the love of God"

9 hours ago, Danger Noodle said:

Please do not argue contrary to the Gospel of Salvation here. Jesus died for you. For God the Father so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 

I would never argue contrary to the Gospel of Salvation where this passage states the condition of present tense believing in order to have everlasting life.

29 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

Separate us from the love of God, not salvation.

Jeff2, we have salvation because of the love of God. Jesus died on the cross because of love. Through belief on the finished work of the cross we can receive that love. That love is the indwelling Holy spirit working through the believer.

Rom 5:5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Rom 8:39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Cor 13:14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

3 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

I would never argue contrary to the Gospel of Salvation where this passage states the condition of present tense believing in order to have everlasting life.

Believing only comes once. "Believed", past tense..

Eph 1:13-14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.