• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BacKaran said:

Youre welcome. I know I kept hearing IHOP which to me mean intl house of pancakes yummy!

www.so4j.com

www.carm.com

www. Got questions.com are really good places for looking up different type of churches and religious movements. 

I like to attend Jan Markels end times conference in Oct. She has some great speakers and although we differ on the rapture, she still had great info.

I was in shock and awe at my first conference I was such a newbie. I thought where is this info? People need to hear this, why isn't it in the Christian bookstores? I buy alot of books too.

If you have questions on authors or false preachers, all and I will find an answer ?

Jan Markels online program can be found at oneplace.com .  It is under the title " Understanding the times".  She interviews a lot of different guest about end time situations.  

About Francis Chan.  A few years back, i came across Francis, Matt Chandler, and Mark Driscoll.   From what i read about Francis, he started  a church with about 40 and it grew to about 4000.  He then suddenly left and went to Asia and the reason given was he felt God calling him in  that direction and also people was paying too much attention to him rather than the word.  I think he is now back in the US, preaching.   The couple of messages i listened of him was within Biblical content.  He has a kind of soft spoken method of speaking that is kind of appealing to some i guess and that's all i can say about him really.  He has written two best sellers and i have not read them.   There are numerous videos on youtube, so anyone can view and comment.

Mark Driscoll is another similar person.  He is smart and knows the word.  I feel also he is an effective teacher.  But as what i have read, he has some controversies that has  some in disagreement with him.   He wrote a book  titled " real marriage" , that has some graphic descriptions of the songs of solomon.  I was disenchanted with chapeter 11 i believe it was.  

Edited by warrior12

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/8/2017 at 11:28 PM, Giller said:

I heard many teachings of Francis Chan, and I find that he does give out some good teachings, thou I do not know of all his teachings.

Now as concerns that video, I find the guy to have an extremely critical spirit, he may say things in a nice way, but does not understand what Francis Chan is saying.

He is just saying that if someone is a Christian there will be proof of it, for he will bear fruit, and there should be a difference between an unbeliever and a believer.

And if you are saved, you will want to serve Jesus willfully, and have him as Lord.

In fact this is what the bible says:

Rom 10:9
(9)  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Why would you not confess him as your Lord ??? It makes absolutely no sense to not confess him as your Lord, if you are a true Christian.

And yes I agree that Francis Chan should not go to these Ihop things, and what is his purpose in doing so? I do not know.

Does he agree with them, or just wants to minister to them despite that? I do not know, but I sure hope he does not agree with them.

I read "Crazy Love" I do not have a problem with Francis Chan. I have seen many Videos of Chan Preaching.

I Do not know everything about his ministry. I agree with Giller.

"And if you are saved, you will want to serve Jesus willfully, and have him as Lord."

The best way I can understand Belief and works is.

TRUE Salvation will lead to works. 

James 2:14-26

faith without works is dead