• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

So, my super smart son of 6 years looked down at his 12 week old sister this afternoon in sweet and genuine admiration, then turned to me and asked: 'Mummy, if you and Daddy never got married, would my soul still be waiting in heaven to be born?'

My first thought was: yes.  But then the more my mind turned it over, the more complicated the question got.  I couldn't answer him with any yes or no, but this scripture hit me:

Genesis 2:7

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

That was the moment Adam became alive.  I believe in life from conception, but does that mean that the soul comes into existence at that moment, or does it pre-exist?

Thoughts please :)

Out from the mouths of babes, right?

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

So, my super smart son of 6 years looked down at his 12 week old sister this afternoon in sweet and genuine admiration, then turned to me and asked: 'Mummy, if you and Daddy never got married, would my soul still be waiting in heaven to be born?'

My first thought was: yes.  But then the more my mind turned it over, the more complicated the question got.  I couldn't answer him with any yes or no, but this scripture hit me:

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

That was the moment Adam became alive.  I believe in life from conception, but does that mean that the soul comes into existence at that moment, or does it pre-exist?

I have been thinking about this for awhile. I interested to see the answers.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, *Zion* said:

Yes, at that moment.

Pre-existence of people or of JESUS (JESUS IS ETERNAL FOREVER, not "pre-existent as the teaching goes),

is complete with heresy/ other beliefs / totally contrary to GOD'S WORD and opposed to JESUS.

The Jews/ Hebrews/ Believers believed all along, no doubt, no question, that GOD gives life, a GIFT, at the moment of conception.

This is in line with, and in harmony with, all of GOD'S WORD,  unlike those heresies that have many errors.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Didn't Jacob and Esau fight in the womb? I'd have to look it up in the Bible, but there's no doubt whatsoever that life begins at conception. 

We are predestined and preordained to be born because God is omniscient, omnipotent and lives outside of time. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Wow great good fun stuff, wonderful  mind there in that young one!

I suspect if I was wise enough to answer at the time of the question and not be totally bowled over by it, I would suggest that God has always known that mommy and daddy would be married, even from before the time of time itself He has known. He has always known that you and your little sister will be our children.

So you might say that yes God has always known of your soul. But as to when did your soul begin? I don't know, good question very good indeed, lets see if we can find out.

The good thing is we know our souls are for all the time to come, they last forever, from here to eternity and beyond as Buzz Lightyear  was fond of saying in that movie Toy Story.

I like to think I would be that fast with an answer- but I bet I wouldn't be. I'd be too amazed at the question.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, *Zion* said:

They do come up with the most creative thoughts. Bless them.

Just tell your precious little son that he is a unique creation of God the Father. :)

Question: "What does the Bible say about the pre-existence of souls?"

Answer: The Bible says nothing about the pre-existence of souls because this is a man-made idea with no basis in truth. The Bible makes it clear that every human being is a unique creation of God (Genesis 2:7Zechariah 12:1Jeremiah 1:5). Each unique human soul begins at conception (Psalm 139:13–16Isaiah 44:24) and will continue forever because we are created as eternal beings (Genesis 9:6Isaiah 40:28Psalm 102:27Matthew 25:46)........

Pre-destined and pre-ordained.  Amen to that! And Jacob and Esau fighting in the womb suggests a consciousness that many deny babies have inside their mothers.  Even more questions arise from that story.  

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, *Zion* said:

Pre-destined and pre-ordained.  Amen to that! And Jacob and Esau fighting in the womb suggests a consciousness that many deny babies have inside their mothers.  Even more questions arise from that story.  

Fighting in the womb, sucking their thumbs in the womb, hiccupping, responding to light when the mother exposes her bare belly to the sunshine - many things before birth.

Maybe I should have used the word 'awareness'?

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

24 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

Maybe I should have used the word 'awareness'?

Awareness, in what sense?

Aware that they exist?

(BTW) I work with children and your son is a smart little cookie to come out with that!

Edited by HisFirst