• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

A few quick thoughts on the video being shown of the passenger being forced off a United Airlines flight.

That is the death of United Airlines

The passenger is one rich man walking. Can you imagine any civil lawsuit jury not granting him a fortune  from United Airlines?

The man was traveling with his wife and he was dragged off. How nuts was that? 

What of the Chicago Airport police goons, did not one of them have better sense than to do that to a man?

And what of the other passengers, why would they be nuts enough to continue on that flight? All should have stood uptogether and said; get me off of here, I will not fly United Airlines.

But no one did much of anything, but let the selected lamb be slaughtered.

All passengers were held captive on the tarmac were threatened and were traumatized. United Airlines would not up their reward in United dollars above $800. They said they would not do it, though regulations evidently state up to $1300 can  or should be offered. instead United would play  a power game over their captive passengers and  would keep everyone on the ground until someone got off.

My guess is all on that flight will have a good lawsuit against United.

Seems we are coming to the point we do not use  basic courtesy, things quickly become escalated up to conflict.  It is time of the signs I guess.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The guy was wrong for not leaving the plane.  The overlooking came from United employees needing to get to that location and the contracts you sign for the tickets say they can make you get off the plane....

The guy not only wouldn't leave  when forced to leave he actually returned and fought with the police.  He should be put in jail instead of being felt sorry for....   I might give him a tear had he done what he should have, but he didn't.   It was only a 4 hour drive to where he was going if it was really important.  I have made a drive in that situation in the past, but it was more like 11 hours...

You can't excuse what the man did.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

800 dollars and a hotel room and no takers. That's what baffles me. I have a friend that books specifically to get offers like that and he's pretty good at it. Highest traffic times and dates for holidays and He is booking. I guess everyone really needed to be where they were going.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

United sold more tickets than they had seats. The took unnecessary force. The guy can get a good lawyer and win. I am sure after his exposure on the news he has attorneys knocking on his door.

You need to look at what one signs to get those tickets....  he will not win a suit unless United just decide to settle.  The guy was legally wrong.  Big shot doctor who put himself over all the other passengers...  you guys should not be backing him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

United sold more tickets than they had seats. The took unnecessary force. The guy can get a good lawyer and win. I am sure after his exposure on the news he has attorneys knocking on his door.

All airlines do this as standard procedure. Can't remember the reasoning but it's been common practice for a while.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, other one said:

You need to look at what one signs to get those tickets....  he will not win a suit unless United just decide to settle.  The guy was legally wrong.  Big shot doctor who put himself over all the other passengers...  you guys should not be backing him.

He may have been legally in the wrong, but the police injured him in dragging him off.  They did it the wrong way and I bet United settles with him. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

I thought it was on a volunteer basis....?(giving up the seat)

No, no one volunteered so they did the random computer decides of who to make leave.

54 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

He may have been legally in the wrong, but the police injured him in dragging him off.  They did it the wrong way and I bet United settles with him. 

It was the police who took him off not the airlines.  BTW not following the planes orders is a felony that could end up a serious problem.  Not following police orders gets you beat up if necessary and still in trouble.