• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  623
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

MESSIAH YESHUA IN THE PASSOVER
From EXODUS 12:1-13

Vs 2; “THIS MONTH SHALL BE THE BEGINNING OF MONTHS, IT SHALL BE THE THE FIRST MONTH OF THE YEAR TO YOU” 

So where does January 1st fit in? It doesn't!. This was an invention of man, to change the calendar that God had already given us. God operates on a lunar calendar, and the Gregorian calendar uses the sun. But if we are going to understand the events and dates that events occur in the Bible, we need to be familiar with the lunar calendar. The month of “Nisan” which usually starts in April or late March, is the “New Year” for us. This year, 2017, “New Year's day” was on March 27th
Vss 3-5; ON THE TENTH OF THIS MONTH, EVERY MAN SHALL TAKE FOR HIMSELF A LAMB......................YOUR LAMB WILL BE WITHOUT BLEMISH...FROM THE SHEEP OR FROM THE GOATS. 

Something tremendous is about to happen, a joyous occasion, an event of “Thanksgiving” sort of speaking. In the USA we are accustomed to celebrate “Thanksgiving” in November, with turkeys, and we invite all family and relatives over to eat. In Egypt, the Israelites were slaves, and were about to be freed. This “Thanksgiving” occasion called for “lambs” perfect lambs without illness, or deformities, One of the names of “Yeshua” our Messiah is the “Lamb of God” who was also, and still is “without blemish” what happened on the 10th day of the month of Nisan two thousand years ago? Yeshua entered Jerusalem on a donkey, to be known as Messiah, to heal the sick, and teach the Torah, to be known by the people, everyone greeted him with palm branches and shouted “Hosanna to the Son of David” and five days later shouted “Crucify him” (well, not all shouted that) many wept and many understood Daniel's prophecy that the “Messiah would be “cut off” (crucified) in Daniel chapter 8. This date is commonly known as “Palm Sunday” in the christian communities. “Palm Sunday” was on the 9th of April this year.

Vss 6-7; YOU SHALL KEEP IT UNTIL THE FOURTEENTH DAY OF THE SAME MONTH, THEN THE WHOLE ASSEMBLY OF THE CONGREGATION OF ISRAEL SHALL KILL IT AT TWILIGHT. AND THEY SHALL TAKE SOME OF THE BLOOD AND PUT IT ON THE TWO DOORPOSTS AND ON THE LINTEL OF THE HOUSES WHERE THEY EAT IT” 

A day begins at “twilight” when the sun goes down, it is the start of a new day. So, five days after the lamb was in the houses, being inspected to see if it had any blemishes, it was slaughtered at “twilight” and the blood was placed on the two side beams of the houses, and on the top beam. 
When we see Yeshua in this, we see him in Jerusalem, comes in on the tenth of Nisan, then on the 14th day of Nisan, five days later (ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, and fourteen) he is crucified on the cross of Calvary, for our sins, once and for all time, The blood on the doorposts and lintel form a “cross” we can imagine the head of Yeshua at the top, wet with the blood from his head where the crown of thorns was, and the two side posts where his hands were nailed, and the blood ran down to the base of the cross.

Vs 8; AND THEY SHALL EAT THE FLESH ON THAT NIGHT, ROASTED WITH FIRE, AND WITH UNLEAVENED BREAD AND WITH BITTER HERBS, THEY SHALL EAT IT” 

We often see this done in parks, on BBQ pits, families bring hamburgers, hot dogs, fajitas, sausage, etc and roast them over an open fire, well in Goshen, the lambs were roasted over open fires on spits, we look at the symbolism of “fire” and we are reminded of “heat, light, destruction, purification, zeal, and judgment. Yeshua was “roasted” on Calvary's cross in the fire of judgment, being judged for all of our sins, past, present, and future. Yeshua is also known by the name “The Bread of Life” who was born in the “House of Bread” (Beit-Lechem) or in English “Bethlehem” it is only fitting that the “Bread of Life” would be born in the “House of Bread” Unleavened bread symbolizes “without sin” leaven symbolizes “sin” as “leaven or yeast” puffs up the dough, and so we get bread made with flour and yeast, sin often makes us “swell or puff up with false pride” . The “bitter herbs” remind us of the slavery that the Israelites went through in Egypt for 400 years. We are reminded of the “slavery to sin” being bound to Ha Satan. We don't know exactly what kind of bitter herbs were used back then, but today, we use horse radish. The bitterness of sin is passed when we come to Yeshua and accept Him as LORD and Savior.

Vss 11-13: …...”YOU SHALL EAT IT IN HASTE, IT IS THE LORD'S PASSOVER, FOR I WILL PASS THROUGH THE LAND OF EGYPT ON THAT NIGHT AND WILL STRIKE ALL THE FIRST BORN OF EGYPT, BOTH MAN AND BEAST, AND AGAINST ALL THE GODS OF EGYPT, I WILL EXECUTE JUDGMENT, I AM YHVH. NOW THE BLOOD WILL BE A SIGN FOR YOU ON THE HOUSES WHERE YOU ARE, AND WHEN I SEE THE BLOOD, I WILL “PASS OVER” YOU, AND THE PLAGUE SHALL NOT BE ON YOU TO DESTROY YOU WHEN I STRIKE THE LAND OF EGYPT” 

This is the night when the Egyptians get paid back for all their abuse and cruelty. In one night, Egypt was ruined. And a few days later, Egypt's army found itself on the bottom of the Red Sea. Egypt never quite recovered from the blow. Adonai-Elohim was saying to Pharaoh “I AM the LORD God, and YOU are not ME!” nor were the gods, any kind of gods, if anything, demonic entities. Each plague was against one of the many gods. “darkness” came against “Ra” the sun god. The death of the cattle came against “Apis” a god with the head of a bull. The Nile turned to blood, against the Nile goddess, and so forth. But the “Blood Standard” would “save” all who found themselves behind the closed doors of the houses where the blood was. Even the Egyptians
Many who “woke up and smelled the coffee” sort of speaking, who realized they were on the losing side, if they put blood on their doors, they would also be saved. This shows that we serve a just God who is not racist. He accepts ALL people of ALL NATIONS, and RACES. Who would trust in the shed blood of Messiah Yeshua (Jesus the Christ) that is why we see a “mixed multitude” that left Egypt together with the Israelites, it consisted of Egyptians and Nubians (people from Ethiopia and Sudan) who were living in Egypt at that time. The LORD would PASS OVER those houses where the blood of the lambs was placed. Today when we trust in the one-time sacrifice of Yeshua (Jesus) who shed his blood on Calvary's cross, we are saved from eternal destruction, eternal death, and separation from our creator. Just as the blood standard was in effect back then, it is still in effect NOW, and always will be.

HAPPY PASSOVER SEASON………………….Rabbi Ben Avraham

PIC:  View of Jaffa-Tel Aviv

010_15.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Thank you Rabbi!  Blessings going out to you.

My wife and I recently visited the Holy Land and your photo of Jaffa reminded us of that beautiful area by the Sea. I wish we could have had more time walking around soaking it all in. My only complaint was this Arab restauarant the tour guide took us. The worst falafel ever!  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:thumbsup:

Beloved~!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

"And two days after was The Passover And The Feast Of Unleavened Bread. - Mark 14:1

- Jesus was not the Passover lamb.   As The Feast Of Unleavened Bread is at the same time.

Jesus did not give the Passover lamb as His body.  Jesus gave The Bread Of The Feast Of Unleavened Bread as His body.

Jesus did not give the Passover lamb's blood as His Blood.  Being The True Vine Jesus gave the blood of the Vine as His Blood.

The Passover lamb was not for taking away sins.

Jesus is "The Lamb Of God" not The Passover lamb.  Jesus is God's sacrifice.   Not Israel's sacrifice.

Paul said, "So let us keep The Feast (Of Unleavened Bread) not with the old Leaven

nor with leaven of malice and wickedness, but with The Unleavened Bread of sincerity and truth." - 1 Cor.5:8

- Five days before Passover and The Feast Of Unleavened Bread; Jesus referring to His Death Said: "Unless A Grain Of Wheat Falls To The Ground And Dies It's Self Abides Alone, But If It Dies It Bears Much Fruit." - John 12:24,25

* Never was the death of Jesus paralleled to the Passover lamb: Not through Sin, Body, Blood, nor Sacrifice, or Service.

- Moses served no Wine at Passover and Jesus served no lamb. -

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

I wish our church would celebrate Passover more often.  Every few years it is done, and I found our Holy Communion to be so much more meaningful when I learned it was a part of that celebration.  It was something I knew but didn't really understand till celebrating it myself.

The first time I heard the seder from a completed Jew, he was a short rotund man who had given up running a car wash to start baptizing people. He got so excited sharing how all his Jewish traditions pointed toward Christ, that he started jumping up and down and fell through the speakers planform!  Fortunately he was not hurt.  

Thank you again.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  899
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,634
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/19/2017 at 9:09 AM, RevelationWriter said:

"And two days after was The Passover And The Feast Of Unleavened Bread. - Mark 14:1

- Jesus was not the Passover lamb.   As The Feast Of Unleavened Bread is at the same time.

Jesus did not give the Passover lamb as His body.  Jesus gave The Bread Of The Feast Of Unleavened Bread as His body.

Jesus did not give the Passover lamb's blood as His Blood.  Being The True Vine Jesus gave the blood of the Vine as His Blood.

The Passover lamb was not for taking away sins.

Jesus is "The Lamb Of God" not The Passover lamb.  Jesus is God's sacrifice.   Not Israel's sacrifice.

Paul said, "So let us keep The Feast (Of Unleavened Bread) not with the old Leaven

nor with leaven of malice and wickedness, but with The Unleavened Bread of sincerity and truth." - 1 Cor.5:8

- Five days before Passover and The Feast Of Unleavened Bread; Jesus referring to His Death Said: "Unless A Grain Of Wheat Falls To The Ground And Dies It's Self Abides Alone, But If It Dies It Bears Much Fruit." - John 12:24,25

* Never was the death of Jesus paralleled to the Passover lamb: Not through Sin, Body, Blood, nor Sacrifice, or Service.

- Moses served no Wine at Passover and Jesus served no lamb. -

There is so much interpretive untruth here it's hard to know where to begin.

Suffice it to say study up on Seder. And take a hermeneutics course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Back on topic, Pesach is when we should all take "communion, last supper, etc."

It teaches Messiah. Do this in remembrance of me...

• Thumbs Up 1

- Please show just one Verse which states Jesus as the passover lamb. 

That should be enough. Not so hard for someone as you I would think.

- I don't ask for scripture because

the only time Jesus and His Disciples spoke of the word scripture-s

is when they were referring to what The Prophets Of God said.  -

- Jesus being born in Bethlehem which means House Of Bread.

- Jesus said, I am The Bread Of Life that comes down from heaven.

- Jesus said, in reference to His Death, unless a Grain of Wheat falls to the ground it dies alone but produces much Fruit. - John 12:24,25

- "Cleanse out the old Leaven that

you may be a new Lump as you are Unleavened; for our Passover ALSO has been sacrificed; Even Christ.

So then let us keep The Feast (of Unleavened Bread)

not with old Leaven nor with the Leaven of malice and wickedness but with The Unleavened Bread of sincerity and truth." - 1 Cor.5:7,8 (Greek)

* Do you keep The Feast Of Unleavened Bread with sincerity & Truth?

52 minutes ago, RevelationWriter said:

- Please show just one Verse which states Jesus as the passover lamb. 

That should be enough. Not so hard for someone as you I would think.

- I don't ask for scripture because

the only time Jesus and His Disciples spoke of the word scripture-s

is when they were referring to what The Prophets Of God said.  -

Alrighty.

John 1:29 (AV)
29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

• Thumbs Up 1