JohnD

Adobe Photoshop Elements

9 posts in this topic

The Lord is blessing. He gave us a new (to us) PC (Windows 7) now that our Windows Vista PC is vulnerable to Trojans etc.

A perfect stranger who owns a computer store on my route gave me an old (to him) computer tower. I get almost everything transferred or installed...

But then I find my Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 (which I use extensively) won't work in Windows 7.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 is the new version. But I'm struggling to pay the rent / beloved wife has ongoing complications from shingles / my teeth are going bad / a beloved pet appears to be dying of cancer... so I searched and searched for more affordable older versions that will work on my PC but Adobe has everything geared to go to their new version...

{sigh}

I believe in paying my way. But the way keeps getting canceled out and I have to repay my way over and over.

I hate sounding like I am crying "poor mouth." But it's like I can't keep up with these shysters (and all the other ones in the essential costs of living). 

I make photos and videos for several venues including Christian / witnessing / apologetics (like this):

AND GOD SAID1.jpg

Could someone please steer me to where I can get affordable or even free Adobe Photoshop Elements PC software version 7 or later...

I paid full price for the original software (and would use it till kingdom come if I could have)...

Thank you.

Have you looked at dual booting the new system with an older version of Windows which will run your version of elements, or running it inside a virtual machine? 

Huh. No, but I'll look into it. Thanks!

I don't know if you have tried this, but you can tell windows 7 to run programs as if it were an earlier version of windows.

Right click the opening icon and look at properties and there is something there where you can tell 7 to treat the program as running in XP or Vista. In not sure if your program will run in either of those.

There's a similar free program called Gimp. It can use almost all of photoshop/elements actions and plugins. It also has many that you can't get with photoshop. Like with Photoshop some ar free and others you have to pay for.

14 minutes ago, Sing40King said:

There's a similar free program called Gimp. It can use almost all of photoshop/elements actions and plugins. It also has many that you can't get with photoshop. Like with Photoshop some ar free and others you have to pay for.

I use gimp all the time, love it. The only downside is it doesn't come with all the how tos and stuff that makes Photoshop user friendly, but I think overall it's better software 

I find that gipm's photomerg is really cumbersome.

16 hours ago, Sing40King said:

I love gimp,use it all the time. I like it better than Photoshop.

Thanks guys (and gals) I'll look into it!