• Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,184
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Hi Shiloh,

You have really `hit the nail` with this one. They are spreading everywhere with their `relational networking` of Dominionist philosophy. Dominion, in that they see the Body of Christ taking all areas of society - health, education, economics, politics, religion, media, environment, and making them come under the Lordship of Christ. They believe that Christians will lead in all these areas, or a `good person` will, & therefore that will usher in the kingdom of God!!!!

And with that of course they have to have a major `blindness` come over the people - manifesting strange signs & wonders, & visualisation etc etc

Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Shiloh,

You have really `hit the nail` with this one. They are spreading everywhere with their `relational networking` of Dominionist philosophy. Dominion, in that they see the Body of Christ taking all areas of society - health, education, economics, politics, religion, media, environment, and making them come under the Lordship of Christ. They believe that Christians will lead in all these areas, or a `good person` will, & therefore that will usher in the kingdom of God!!!!

And with that of course they have to have a major `blindness` come over the people - manifesting strange signs & wonders, & visualisation etc etc

Marilyn.

I agree.   Between Bethel and Hillsong, the false teachings and unbiblical practices are spreading like wildfire.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,184
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I agree.   Between Bethel and Hillsong, the false teachings and unbiblical practices are spreading like wildfire.

So glad we can agree on this important issue there bro.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Marilyn

Tell me where Brian Houston is going wrong?  I occasionally catch him on Sunday mornings but have never heard him preach false doctrine.  Am I missing it?  Please help.  Thank you.  I will also check out the Bethel link.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I agree!

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi Marilyn

Tell me where Brian Houston is going wrong?  I occasionally catch him on Sunday mornings but have never heard him preach false doctrine.  Am I missing it?  Please help.  Thank you.  I will also check out the Bethel link.

The problem with Hillsong is that like Bethel, they embrace the Word of Faith cult/movement and the prosperity Gospel. 

Not only that, but the leadership, including Carl Lentz, and Brian Houston were unwilling to renounce Hillsong NY for allowing two gay men, who were engaged to each other, to lead the praise and worship at that congregation.  Carl Lentz, the pastor of Hillsong NY was asked on national TV about it and refused to renounce or repent of it.   Then there is the performances of the "Naked Cowboy"  at Hillsong NY's women's conference, recently.  

Like so many mega churches and personality driven ministries, they become a cult-like ministry fulfilling the vision of their leaders.   You don't build mega churches on a clear presentation and firm commitment to the Gospel.  You build a mega church by customizing it to satisfy the whims of the sinner.  You build a mega church around looking like the secular world and mislabel that as "being relevant." 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

3 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi Marilyn

There are a couple incorrect teachings I picked up right away.  First, they are teaching new age fasting, which instructs people to give up things they enjoy doing, like social media and video games.  Fasting is not giving up an activity, but food and/or water for a period so we can humble ourselves before God, seeking His guidance.  The result includes giving up activities as one is focusing on God, not themselves.  They use the reasoning as some cannot give up food and/or water due to medical reasons.  God already knows this and would never move someone to fast if it would become dangerous to their health.

Then you have visual imaging.  Nowhere in scripture are we told to meditate to "see" Jesus.  Instead, we are told in Philippians 4:8 to:

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

We have Jesus in us always, and if a person does not know this, there is an issue with their faith.  One does not have to visually see Jesus to have Him.  This is another new age technique to "spiritualize" themselves instead of focusing on the relationship.  Does scripture tell us to visualize a perfect marriage so we can have a better marriage?  No, that would be foolish.  We have to work continually on a relationship, not just imagine perfect pictures.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

18 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Me three.

Lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The problem with Hillsong is that like Bethel, they embrace the Word of Faith cult/movement and the prosperity Gospel. 

Not only that, but the leadership, including Carl Lentz, and Brian Houston were unwilling to renounce Hillsong NY for allowing two gay men, who were engaged to each other, to lead the praise and worship at that congregation.  Carl Lentz, the pastor of Hillsong NY was asked on national TV about it and refused to renounce or repent of it.   Then there is the performances of the "Naked Cowboy"  at Hillsong NY's women's conference, recently.  

Like so many mega churches and personality driven ministries, they become a cult-like ministry fulfilling the vision of their leaders.   You don't build mega churches on a clear presentation and firm commitment to the Gospel.  You build a mega church by customizing it to satisfy the whims of the sinner.  You build a mega church around looking like the secular world and mislabel that as "being relevant." 

agreed Shiloh....