I am convinced that Jesus's identity make problems

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In all his life from the begining to his last day on earth Jesus did not claim he is the Messiah.

if you permit i have one video that prove this issue

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Bihous said:

In all his life from the beginning to his last day on earth Jesus did not claim he is the Messiah.

Scripture says different

John 4:25-26

The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto you am he.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

The intended method of God ( The Cross )  by which Jesus would be glorified as Messiah was much misunderstood . Even His own disciples did not fully grasp the method .

Is there a particular instance to which you are referring , because I can think of many where the people he was speaking with did not comprehend what He was saying  ?

His statement  " Destroy this Temple and in three days I will raise it up "  being a classic example of Him speaking specifically of His being Messiah but the people not

grasping what He was speaking of .

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, Bihous said:

In all his life from the begining to his last day on earth Jesus did not claim he is the Messiah.

This is very interesting. 

From your question I may say and I don't have to be right, that you may know how the Jews were waiting for the CHRIST to come. 

They knew that the CHRIST had to come. 

Before JESUS, many others had come declaring that they were the Messiah. 

JESUS said, " I do not need to speak for my self, and bear witness of my self, he said that, not to ordinary people, but to the knowledgeble, to those who claim that they can tell, and they are the ones to tell the people who is the CHRIST. 

So that's why JESUS said:  I am not going to bear witness of myself, that I am the CHRIST, and he said that to the teachers, I do not need your endorsement also. But the Father in Heaven bears witness for me. And he said to the teachers, I you study the Scriptures very carefully, then you will see that I am the CHRIST for yourselfs, not because , I or someone else from your peers is telling you that I am the Messiah and you just follow. 

Jesus was talking to those who already had claim that they had study the Scriptures and had desided that he JESUS does not fit their profile of the CHRIST, because he did not want to fight the Romans. 

At the end many, not all, of them believe, that he is the Messiah , and he had died for the forgiveness of sins, for all, including the Romans, and they went to bring the good news that Jesus is the Messiah, the CHRIST of God, to the Romans, and to the ends of the Earth . 

Because they understand that there is only one Messiah for the whole world, and the enemy is not the Romans , but the Devil, because JESUS CHRIST came to free us from the captivity of the Devil, and take us to be with him in Heaven. 

Jesus defeated the Devil and he came to give us the ETERNAL LIFE, by faith in him alone.

I have a friend who hates everything about religion and blames God for everything. 

I told him God wants him to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the CHRIST, even if he hates the Church, and the Priests. 

He will accept his faith and he cannot denied him , because he has already die and raised from the dead.

He can keep his hate if he wants and still believe in Jesus Christ. 

That's who JESUS CHRIST is , he has die for all, for those who love, and those who hate God, and for the epocrites and for the sinsere, and for those who they don't really care. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

15 hours ago, Bihous said:

In all his life from the begining to his last day on earth Jesus did not claim he is the Messiah

WRONG.jpg

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

You may be technically correct that Jesus never actually said, "I am the Messiah". However, in straining at a gnat, you have swallowed a camel. Since Jesus spoke in parables, figures of speech and other techniques of oration, He spoke of His mission and identity many times indirectly, i.e. (I love i.e.), I and my Father are one; if you have seen me, you have seen the Father; destroy this temple and in 3 days I will raise it; etc. Jesus quite often quoted the Old Testament prophecies concerning the Messiah and applied them to Himself; again, an indirect identifier. So if I tell you that you are receiving an email from one whose name is Stephen George...it can be said that is the same as saying, I am Stephen George.

To base one's faith on a point such as this which is very flimsy, is eternally dangerous. Many people have tried to disprove Jesus throughout the centuries. C.S. Lewis was one; Josh McDowell was another. Both wrote books and I can recommend any of their writings for a very logical discourse about the identity of Jesus.

Blessings

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, Bihous said:

Just one video?

Dude, get with the program. Read the bible yourself. Dont waste people's time.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

18 hours ago, Bihous said:

You have one video?

I have a few scriptures that concretely prove your statement false.  So - therefore - your video and its contents are moot and not credible.

• Mark 14:61-62 = "Again the high priest asked him, 'Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?''I am,' said Jesus. 'And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
  • John 4:25-26 = "The woman said, 'I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.'
    Then Jesus declared, 'I, the one speaking to you—I am he.'”

And then there is the way that Jesus initially introduced himself to the men in the synagogue.  He directly claimed that he was the "anointed one" prophesied in Isaiah 61 - a passage these men knew well.  That's what the Hebrew word, Messiah - and the Greek word, Christ - both mean.  They mean "anointed one".

• Luke 4:16-19 = "He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written: 'The Spirit of the Lord is on me,because he has anointed me  to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.'to proclaim good news to the poor He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free'  Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him.  He began by saying to them, 'Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.'”
Edited by Jayne

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

One video. Atheists are funny. I know; I used to be one.