IGNORED

That the Body of Christ is on earth in the millennium, I believe, is a dangerous belief.

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

That the Body of Christ is on earth in the millennium, I believe is a dangerous belief.

Over the past 15 - 20 years, I have seen a great push to get believers eyes on the earthly, instead of the heavenly, as God`s word says.

`If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of the Father. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.` (Col. 3: 1 & 2)

To have a heavenly perspective enables a believer to live their life from God`s perspective and from God`s heart - making disciples.

To have an earthly perspective, draws the believer into thinking that God desires to transform the world & thus their life is concerned with that.

There are many groups that have this earthly view - the Dominionists, (Bill Hammond, R. Wagner, K. Copeland, Rick Warren, Hillsong etc) the Roman Catholic Church, the Jehovah`s Witnesses.....

As Bill Hammond says, “It doesn`t matter whether you are a pre, mid or post trib, believer, we all end up together, on earth, in the millennium.

Just seeing all these cultish groups believing we end up on earth in the millennium, is enough to make one check out God`s word, very carefully.

And that is what I hope we will do.

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

That the Body of Christ is on earth in the millennium, I believe is a dangerous belief.

Over the past 15 - 20 years, I have seen a great push to get believers eyes on the earthly, instead of the heavenly, as God`s word says.

`If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of the Father. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.` (Col. 3: 1 & 2)

To have a heavenly perspective enables a believer to live their life from God`s perspective and from God`s heart - making disciples.

To have an earthly perspective, draws the believer into thinking that God desires to transform the world & thus their life is concerned with that.

There are many groups that have this earthly view - the Dominionists, (Bill Hammond, R. Wagner, K. Copeland, Rick Warren, Hillsong etc) the Roman Catholic Church, the Jehovah`s Witnesses.....

As Bill Hammond says, “It doesn`t matter whether you are a pre, mid or post trib, believer, we all end up together, on earth, in the millennium.

Just seeing all these cultish groups believing we end up on earth in the millennium, is enough to make one check out God`s word, very carefully.

regards, Marilyn.

I would understand the Millennium., because it is currently based in heaven, lasts 2,000 years; Revelation 20:4 and 20:6 both refer to Christ's reign, and also refer to the throne of God which is in heaven (Revelation 4:2), so these two references to the thousand years reign (of Christ) over the deceased "souls" (Revelation 20:4); 1,000 years + 1,0000 years makes a 2,000 year reign in heaven of Christ over his deceased saints who are in the intermediate state. I believe that this Millennial reign ends at the second coming when Christ returns to this earth and the Kingdom is no longer just spiritual, with the defeat of satan and the beast at the second coming, at the second coming the reign of Christ is both eternal and it also now becomes also physical and literal.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,686
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

Despite the confusion and mis-applied scripture of some,  Bible prophecy is clear, we Christians will be with Jesus on earth during the Millennium.    At the end of the 1000 years, God Himself will dwell with mankind, therefore heaven will be on earth again, as it was in Adams time.

Believers in any 'rapture to heaven', [which I do not] all say we will Return with Him. But Daniel 7:25 and Rev 13:7 plainly state that God's holy people; His true believers, remain on earth during the Great Trib and at the Return, it will be those who remain who will shout: Blessed is He that comes in the Name of the Lord.

9 hours ago, Keras said:

Despite the confusion and mis-applied scripture of some,  Bible prophecy is clear, we Christians will be with Jesus on earth during the Millennium.    At the end of the 1000 years, God Himself will dwell with mankind, therefore heaven will be on earth again, as it was in Adams time.

Believers will be ETERNALLY with Christ on earth after the second coming in the eternal state (Revelation 5:9-10). The Bible does not use the word "millennium" but of the six periods of one thousand years in Revelation 20, two (verse 4 and 6) are where the throne of God is, and that is in heaven (Revelation 4:2), where deceased saints of God are reigning with God during the intermediate state. Keras, would you please show me where the Bible states that the Millennium is on this earth?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,686
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

13 hours ago, Limey_Bob said:

Believers will be ETERNALLY with Christ on earth after the second coming in the eternal state (Revelation 5:9-10). The Bible does not use the word "millennium" but of the six periods of one thousand years in Revelation 20, two (verse 4 and 6) are where the throne of God is, and that is in heaven (Revelation 4:2), where deceased saints of God are reigning with God during the intermediate state. Keras, would you please show me where the Bible states that the Millennium is on this earth?

The plain reading of Rev 20:1-10 cannot be construed as happening anywhere else than on earth.  Also Isaiah 65:19-25, Micah 4:1-8, Psalm 47:1-9

The resurrected martyrs will reign with Jesus, but we Christians, who are alive and remain at the Return, will also always be with Him. 1 Thess 4:15-17

The Millennium is the seventh period of 1000 years. It will be the 'Sabbath rest' of the world, after mankind has messed it up for the last 6000 years.  Be aware that we are, at 2017, in the 5987th year from Adam.  So in 13 +/- years from now, Jesus will Return.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,581
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 4/12/2017 at 10:58 PM, Marilyn C said:

regards, Marilyn.

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn.

I believe to think that the "body of the Messiah" would be anywhere BUT on the earth during the Millennium is even more dangerous! To think that God has an abode and dwells there is to lessen the Person of God! One is demeaning God by forgetting His attribute of OMNIPRESENCE! We don't need a "heaven" in which to "live forever" because we were DESIGNED (BY GOD, NONETHELESS) FOR THIS EARTH! The earth was created for human beings, and human beings were created for the earth! That SHALL NOT change!

God DOES desire to transform the earth! AND, the world! There's a difference and one must understand that difference to use the terminology correctly. The earth (Greek: gee, spelled gamma-eta, and pronounced "gay") is the "land" - the "ground" - the "dirt" - the "soil" - the planet. The "world" (Greek: kosmos) is the social system of the people upon the earth, including their governing abilities.

The earth will be resurrected as surely as our bodies will. After the fire, God will make a New Earth and with it a New Sky - a New Atmosphere! (That's what "New Heaven" means.) (Rev. 21:1-3.)

The world, too, needs a resurrection and shall receive it in the rulership of the Messiah. By first defining which countries are "sheep" (pro-Israel) and which are "goats" (anti-Semitic), He then proceeds to subdue them all during the Millennium. (1 Cor. 15:20-28.) The "sheep" shall easily be subdued because they are already convinced in the benevolence of the King. Their kings will become willing subjects to the King of kings. That's what the title means!

The "goats" shall have to be subdued in other ways, and if in no other way, they will be FORCIBLY subdued! This is what Psalm 2 is prophesying!

It's not "cultish" to believe this; it's simply listening to God's Word and believing what it says! The earth in the Millennium shall be ruled by the Messiah (Rev. 20:1-6; 1 Cor. 15:20-28)

What do you do with passages such as this? Just "spiritualize" it away like it didn't even exist?! CONSIDER THE WORDS CAREFULLY!

Isaiah 11:1-10
1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.
10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
KJV

And, did you know that verse 10 was quoted in Romans 15:12?

Romans 15:8-12
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.
11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.
12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
KJV

Yeshua` CANNOT "reign from Heaven" over the earth. He must be HERE PHYSICALLY to reign, and wherever He goes, WE go! It's all about a "hands-on" approach! For us to be able to "reign with Him," WE must be here, too!

And, don't forget, we will have our new bodies, and they will be JUST AS PHYSICAL as Yeshua`s body!

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them,
Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them,
Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them,
Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.
KJV

"Spiritual" does NOT mean "non-physical!" 

On 4/13/2017 at 7:12 AM, Limey_Bob said:

I would understand the Millennium., because it is currently based in heaven, lasts 2,000 years; Revelation 20:4 and 20:6 both refer to Christ's reign, and also refer to the throne of God which is in heaven (Revelation 4:2), so these two references to the thousand years reign (of Christ) over the deceased "souls" (Revelation 20:4); 1,000 years + 1,0000 years makes a 2,000 year reign in heaven of Christ over his deceased saints who are in the intermediate state. I believe that this Millennial reign ends at the second coming when Christ returns to this earth and the Kingdom is no longer just spiritual, with the defeat of satan and the beast at the second coming, at the second coming the reign of Christ is both eternal and it also now becomes also physical and literal.

Shabbat shalom, Limey_Bob.

Sorry, but the Latin word "MILLENNIUM" means "A THOUSAND YEARS." Furthermore, the Greek also says, "CHILIA ETEE" (using "E" for an epsilon and "EE" for an eta), which also means "A THOUSAND YEARS!" It does NOT mean "TWO thousand years!" One would have to add "dis-" to "chilia" to make "dischilioi," as in Mark 5:13!

Both Revelation 20:4 and 6 refer to the SAME TIME PERIOD when Yeshua` the Messiah of God is reigning as haMELEKH YISRA'EL - the KING OF ISRAEL!

One MUST NOT lose sight of the prophecies!

Luke 1:30-33
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

Yeshua`s coming (return) is NOT at the END of the Millennium; it's at its BEGINNING! HE COMES TO REIGN!

REMEMBER HIS PARABLE:

Luke 19:11-15
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore,
A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.
KJV

A King (or a Queen) can have MORE than one throne, just as he (or she) can have more than one palace! You KNOW THIS! It's the PRESENCE OF THE KING (OR QUEEN) that makes the throne royal, not the reverse!

Edited by Retrobyter
to add about the queen

4 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Sorry, but the Latin word "MILLENNIUM" means "A THOUSAND YEARS." Furthermore, the Greek also says, "CHILIA ETEE" (using "E" for an epsilon and "EE" for an eta), which also means "A THOUSAND YEARS!" It does NOT mean "TWO thousand years!" One would have to add "dis-" to "chilia" to make "dischilioi," as in Mark 5:13!

Both Revelation 20:4 and 6 refer to the SAME TIME PERIOD when Yeshua` the Messiah of God is reigning as haMELEKH YISRA'EL - the KING OF ISRAEL!

One MUST NOT lose sight of the prophecies!

Luke 1:30-33
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

Yeshua`s coming (return) is NOT at the END of the Millennium; it's at its BEGINNING! HE COMES TO REIGN!

REMEMBER HIS PARABLE:

Luke 19:11-15
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore,
A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.
KJV

A King (or a Queen) can have MORE than one throne, just as he (or she) can have more than one palace! You KNOW THIS! It's the PRESENCE OF THE KING (OR QUEEN) that makes the throne royal, not the reverse!

The time period is 6,000 not merely 1,000! No passage states that the reign of Christ in heaven is 1,000 years. Of the six instances four refer to this earth and two refer to the reign of God in heaven.

8 hours ago, Keras said:

The plain reading of Rev 20:1-10 cannot be construed as happening anywhere else than on earth.  Also Isaiah 65:19-25, Micah 4:1-8, Psalm 47:1-9

The resurrected martyrs will reign with Jesus, but we Christians, who are alive and remain at the Return, will also always be with Him. 1 Thess 4:15-17

The Millennium is the seventh period of 1000 years. It will be the 'Sabbath rest' of the world, after mankind has messed it up for the last 6000 years.  Be aware that we are, at 2017, in the 5987th year from Adam.  So in 13 +/- years from now, Jesus will Return.

How do you explain Revelation 4:2 where we read that the throne of God is in heaven, yet at Revelation 4:2 the deceased "souls" are reigning with Christ? If the Throne of God is in heaven, and they are reigning with Christ right now, then isn't that in the intermediate state ion heaven?

5 hours ago, Limey_Bob said:

The time period is 6,000 not merely 1,000! No passage states that the reign of Christ in heaven is 1,000 years. Of the six instances four refer to this earth and two refer to the reign of God in heaven.

No, that's a poor reading of Revelation 20:1-8:

Revelation 20:1-8
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
KJV

First notice verses 1-3 and 7-8:

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
KJV

This time period with which we are dealing is no more than 1000 years than the being that is called (a) the dragon, (b) that old serpent, (c) the Devil, and (d) Satan is more than one being!

At the BEGINNING of THE 1000 years, this being is chained and bound and thrown into the pit which has an unsounded bottom; i.e., we don't know how deep the pit goes. The purpose for which he is chained and bound and locked away is so that "he should deceive the nations no more" until the 1000 years are completed.

At the END of THE 1000 years, that is, "when the thousand years are expired," he is released and he goes out "to deceive the nations" once again.

Thus, these five verses describe ONE period of 1,000 years. Yochanan (John) is just being very specific so that someone can't legitimately make that sort of error, thinking there's more than one period of a thousand years involved. Not only is haSatan (the Enemy) locked away for a thousand years, but he is BOUND IN CHAINS for that thousand-year period!

So, when we read verses 4-6 in the middle of these other five verses, John means for us to understand that these references to "THE thousand years" is also the same 1,000 years.

So, the "ones beheaded for the witness of Jesus" ... "lived (were resurrected) and reigned with the Messiah" for that same 1,000-year period! It's hard for someone who was BEHEADED to "live and reign" without first being "RESURRECTED!"

The first part of verse 5 is parenthetical and explanatory of what is to follow this 1,000-year period, but the sentence, "This is the first resurrection," refers back to verse 4.

Verse 6 opens this up to more than just the ones who were beheaded:

Blessed and holy is he that (anyone who) hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death (which will be talked about later) hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ (of his Messiah), and shall reign with him a thousand years.

This verse, too, then is talking about that SAME 1,000-year period! Anyone who participates in the first resurrection at the beginning of the Millennium will participate in the priesthood of God and shall reign with Him during that SAME 1,000-year period.

Remember Yeshua`s parable:

Luke 19:15-26
17 And he said unto him, Well (Good!), thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he [already] hath ten pounds.)
KJV

I find no reason why this is not to be taken literally. The ones with whom the Master could entrust His money, the ones on whom the Master could rely to deal wisely with the money with which He entrusted them, became rulers over a certain number of towns proportionate to how well they could manage the money!

The "wicked servant" who couldn't handle the money well at all, was deprived of that money and it was given to the one who did the best with the management of funds. Furthermore, he did NOT participate in authority over ANY towns! He got into the Kingdom "by the skin of his teeth!"

Thus, those who are resurrected in the first resurrection at the beginning of the Millennium - the first 1,000 years of Yeshua`s Kingdom - will have jobs of management to do (if they are worthy), becoming kings and governors and mayors of their own home territories, answering to the King of kings.