IGNORED

UN draft resolution on Syria attack: Vote fails with Russia veto, China abstains

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,084
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - A vote by the U.N. Security council on a draft resolution to condemn the chemical weapon attack in Syria failed Wednesday with a veto by Russia, but fellow member China abstained, a sign that talks with President Trump last week may have had an effect on the superpower.

The draft resolution by Britain, France and the United States called for those responsible for the attack on the Syrian town of Khan Sheikhoun on April 4 to be identified and brought to justice.

The resolution garnered 10 votes in favor, Russia and Bolivia against, and China, Kazakhstan and Ethiopia abstaining. [ Source ]

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Choosing up sides for the next big war???

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

What Assad did was wrong, of that there's no doubt. But I don't think Trump should have bombed Syria without approval by the world's other powers. Trump proved he's not afraid to take action, which is good, but he hasn't proven yet he has wisdom. I think bombing Syria was an impulsive action with no follow up plan. I just hope he doesn't inadvertently start WW 3.

do you really thing he's going to get Russia's approval?

17 hours ago, other one said:

do you really thing he's going to get Russia's approval?

No, but he doesn't have my approval neither, and until now I have been completely supporting Trump. He did get me worried during his election when he said he didn't see why we can't use nukes. He's 70 yrs old, he should know why. I did find out that many young people really don't understand why. They don't know what fallout is and that once you explode nukes the area stays radioactive for a very long time.

Maybe Trump will have to admit to Russia that bombing Syria was impulsive and he won't do it again. The 1st thing I heard was that was what Russia wanted, for Trump to say he won't do such a thing again. He really should have had UN approval to do that.

We've been trying to stop him from using Gas on his people for 20 years and Russia always votes no in the UN.....   So I have to think that is is ok with you if Assad uses weapons of mass destruction on people....   He can do a lot of things, but that has already been decided a very long time ago against international law....    and we have the legal right to stop it if we can.......   and we can.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 4/13/2017 at 0:09 PM, JTC said:

What Assad did was wrong, of that there's no doubt. But I don't think Trump should have bombed Syria without approval by the world's other powers. Trump proved he's not afraid to take action, which is good, but he hasn't proven yet he has wisdom. I think bombing Syria was an impulsive action with no follow up plan. I just hope he doesn't inadvertently start WW 3.

Why wasnt Congress involved in this?  Isn't it their call to declare war.  

21 hours ago, Spock said:

Why wasnt Congress involved in this?  Isn't it their call to declare war.  

This is what I'm saying, I think Congress should have approved this. Of course Trump didn't want Assad to know the missiles were coming bc then they would have moved all their planes. Trump has made it clear from before he was president that he won't tell the enemy what we're going to do before we do it. I agree with that 100%. You just can't win a war by telling the enemy when you're going to hit him, what you're going to use, and at exactly what time. But that's what we've done for at least 8 yrs. No more of that.