IGNORED

United Passenger Stung by Scorpion

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for United Airlines, this happens.

According to Travel and Leisure, Richard and Linda Bell were on a United Airlines flight home from Houston to Calgary on Sunday, after spending two weeks on vacation in Mexico. And while they were not violently deplaned out of yet another overbooked airplane, a just as traumatic ordeal took place when a scorpion fell from the overhead compartment and on to Richard.

They didn’t immediately recognize the honey-colored, 1.5-inch animal until a passenger sitting next to them pointed out that it was probably a scorpion.

That's when things got even more confusing: according to T&L instead of promptly discarding the toxic animal, Richard took the scorpion from his hair and dropped it onto his tray. Then, predictably when he picked it up again, the animal stung him. Bell told Global News Canada that it “felt like a wasp sting.” Luckily, someone showed some common sense when another passenger took the scorpion, stomped it on the ground and then threw the remains in the toilet.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-13/scorpion-stings-passenger-united-flight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No word on whether the scorpion has retained legal counsel for being flushed off of the plane.

What is your point? The scorpion stunk a person and caused physical harm.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No word on whether the scorpion has retained legal counsel for being flushed off of the plane.

:laugh:

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for United Airlines, this happens.

According to Travel and Leisure, Richard and Linda Bell were on a United Airlines flight home from Houston to Calgary on Sunday, after spending two weeks on vacation in Mexico. And while they were not violently deplaned out of yet another overbooked airplane, a just as traumatic ordeal took place when a scorpion fell from the overhead compartment and on to Richard.

They didn’t immediately recognize the honey-colored, 1.5-inch animal until a passenger sitting next to them pointed out that it was probably a scorpion.

That's when things got even more confusing: according to T&L instead of promptly discarding the toxic animal, Richard took the scorpion from his hair and dropped it onto his tray. Then, predictably when he picked it up again, the animal stung him. Bell told Global News Canada that it “felt like a wasp sting.” Luckily, someone showed some common sense when another passenger took the scorpion, stomped it on the ground and then threw the remains in the toilet.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-13/scorpion-stings-passenger-united-flight

Scorpians are fairly common down here; I've killed a couple in my house over the years and a few in my garage.  They DO sting so I really don't understand why anyone would handle one.  United may, or may not, be liable for this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

It likely came in with the passengers. 

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

13 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

14 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I would not be surprised if some environmentalst filed for it.  Poor thing didn't deserve death just defending itself..   I can hear it now....

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, other one said:

I would not be surprised if some environmentalst filed for it.  Poor thing didn't deserve death just defending itself..   I can hear it now....

Lol

6 hours ago, ayin jade said:

It likely came in with the passengers. 

That was my first thought too; the couple was returning from Mexico and they are commonplace there as well.