IGNORED

BURGERS

Heb 13:8

Guest shiloh357

In my younger years I used to work for a little drive-through burger joint called "Rally's."   I think they are based out of Georgia.   We were known for our "Big Buford,"  which was a cross between a Whopper and  a Big Mac.   It was a very messy sandwich; you needed a lot of napkins.   I told people that I knew, if you want to eat a Rally's burger, wear clothes you don't mind getting food on, and only eat with people you won't be embarrassed in front of if you get food on your shirt.

Rally's motto was:  "If it's not all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

31 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

In my younger years I used to work for a little drive-through burger joint called "Rally's."   I think they are based out of Georgia.   We were known for our "Big Buford,"  which was a cross between a Whopper and  a Big Mac.   It was a very messy sandwich; you needed a lot of napkins.   I told people that I knew, if you want to eat a Rally's burger, wear clothes you don't mind getting food on, and only eat with people you won't be embarrassed in front of if you get food on your shirt.

Rally's motto was:  "If it's not all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face."

Rally's, Checkers, and Carls Jr., same outfit different geography. But the burger I burgered best was from Red Robin, rare as they would serve it; their finest $14 double plus  the extra patty and layer of middle bun  a $3.00 option, along with the endless fries and the large stack of onion rings.  Yes I ate the whooole thing and all the rings plus  two servings of fries.

My family was with me, embarrassed but with me.  My grandson was in awe. The staff of servers had gathered round to see me start; and then when I finished I heard the cheers of all the line cooks. I had not realized I had become a show.

Ever since then I have favored a nice salad with oil and vinegar and maybe a bit of broiled fish. There is something about a triple beef burger that the rest of the system past the palate does not much like, I learned. The mind, it rebels against the burger now.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The burger I described, the one they make at Colton's, probably just once in a great while.  That one is my favorite; it is not the one I eat on a regular basis.  I usually have some kind of burger about once a week.

Yeah, I'd be careful with that. You might clog a lung. The place I go to is open every day till 12:45am. It's great.

Guest BacKaran

Peppercorn burger from Chili's or med well, wheat bun, fried or raw onions, lots of lettuce, catsup and a little mustard, add onion strings on top of bacon and cheese, jalapeno cheese or pepper jack, property, onion, BBQ sauce......

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

The Burger Americano @ a local restaurant called Chico's.  It's got 1/2 lb. of beef,lettuce, tomato, jalapenos, chili, onions, cheese with mayo, salsa, ketchup and mustard.  It's too big to eat all at once though; I have to cut it in half and take the extra half home for later.  It's awesome!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

The Burger Americano @ a local restaurant called Chico's.  It's got 1/2 lb. of beef,lettuce, tomato, jalapenos, chili, onions, cheese with mayo, salsa, ketchup and mustard.  It's too big to eat all at once though; I have to cut it in half and take the extra half home for later.  It's awesome!

Sounds good!

I may have to visit your side of town just to try it.

10 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Peppercorn burger from Chili's or med well, wheat bun, fried or raw onions, lots of lettuce, catsup and a little mustard, add onion strings on top of bacon and cheese, jalapeno cheese or pepper jack, property, onion, BBQ sauce......

wow, sounds spicy! :cool:

Guest BacKaran

I just visited Arby's, don't go there often but I tried the jalapeno cheese roast beef slider... Loved it! Thought I would hand jalo cheese but they had chipped jalo s on it, fantastic and for$1, a good meal for me!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

33 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Yeah, I'd be careful with that. You might clog a lung. The place I go to is open every day till 12:45am. It's great.

I"d be more concerned about your cholesterol count doesn't take much of eating like that to raise it to a dangerous level, and you don't have to be a senior to do it.

2 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I"d be more concerned about your cholesterol count doesn't take much of eating like that to raise it to a dangerous level, and you don't have to be a senior to do it.

Very true. I'm only in my 30's and decided to not add salt to my burger and fries. No mayo either, burger is dry.