Several keys to Praying (Part 2)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Father in the name of Jesus I ask that your word goes out like a two-edged sword , piercing the spirit , soul , joint's, and marrow. I pray that those seeking answered prayers find the answer in you, Amen and Amen. Why is it so important that we pray ? Because we are commanded to pray (Matt. 26:41). It's the only way to receive things from GOD (James 4:2). There is joy in praying (John 16:24). It's a sin not to pray (Sam. 12:23). It's the only way that unbeliever's can be saved, when they pray in faith (John 3: 1-21) ,and while Jesus was here on the earth He prayed often to the Father. Now if Jesus, the Son of God, needed to pray, then we should pray without ceasing ( 1 Thess. 5: 17). Now when the disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray (Luke 11: 1), our Lord gave them the perfect "model" prayer (Matt. 6: 9-15). He explained that we are to pray to our Father in Heaven, that His will be done in everything, and that His Kingdom comes (Matt.25: 31-46), and that we pray for our daily necessities, and to pray for forgiveness of our sins, and to practice forgiving others. We are to pray for the leading of the Lord and deliverance from evil, and we are to pray in faith (Heb.11: 5,6) ,and in the name of Jesus (John 14: 13,14).    Now, after the resurrection of Jesus there was a big change in the prayer life of the disciples. They prayed in the upper room waiting for the coming of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1: 13,14). We should always pray when gathered with believers. If there are any unbelievers present, we are to pray only to please God and not to be heard by them, or to please them. A good example of this would be when Paul and Silas prayed in prison (Acts 16:25). The most important place we can pray would be anywhere we can be alone with God and not be disturbed  (Matt. 6:6). It is a great joy to know that we can talk to God,  anytime, any place, under any condition, and know that He will hear and answer.    Now, What if God doesn't answer? Then we need to examine ourselves in the light of God's word and if we find anything not pleasing to God then we are to confess it believing God forgives us so that our prayers will be answered (1 John 1:9). Some other Biblical examples of why prayers aren't answered are; an unharmonious relationship between a husband and wife (1 Peter 3: 1-7), selfishness (James 4:3), an unforgiving spirit (Matt. 5: 22-24). Also, many people go with unanswered prayer because they have wronged other's or have been wronged themselves and failed to humble themselves and seek reconciliation. Another example is unbelief (James 1: 6,7 and Heb.11:6). Known sin in the heart will hinder prayer (Isa.59:1,2 and Psalm 66:18). When we pray we are to go to God with all humility and ask Him to reveal anything in our lives that is not pleasing to Him. Then we should judge it, confess it, calling it by name and forsake it.     Some might wonder does God answer all prayers. The Bible is filled with answered prayer from Genesis to Revelation , but there are some requirements. First we are to abide in Him; that is to continue in Him or remain in the Lord's will at all cost (Romans 12:1,2). Second, the Lord's word (Bible) is to abide in us so that it is a vital part of our lives. We are to be filled with and guided by His word's so that our prayers will be answered (Col. 3: 16,17). One other example would be when Peter walked on the water (Matt. 14: 22-31). Peter prayed Lord save me. The answer was immediate. The answer could be delayed. As when Lazarus died then was raised to life (John 11: 1-44). The answer was delayed, but not denied. The answer could be no. When God answers with a no He accompanies the answer with peace (Phil. 4:6,7 and 2 Cor. 12: 7-10). Sometimes the answer is different from what we expected. Such as we pray for patience and God sends tribulation (Rom. 5:3). God answers all our prayers, but not according to our want's, but according to His perfect will.    Father in Jesus name I ask that if there is anyone reading this that doesn't know Jesus Christ as there Lord and Savior, that you repeat this prayer or one similar to it. Lord Jesus I thank you for dying on the cross for my sins and for rising on the third day. I repent of all my sins and accept you as the Lord and Savior of my life. Amen and Amen