IGNORED

Do you have to be pure in doctrine to be saved ?

Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

If a person hears the gospel of Jesus they have a choice. Not all who hear God's word come to Christ.

That is true sister. We need to pray for God to open there hearts. God's blessings. 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Wayne222 said:

You said the true Gospel is we are saved through grace  alone through faith  alone in christ alone. That's not fully true.

It IS fully true.   Yes, all members of the Godhead participate in our salvation, but the object of our in salvation is Jesus and His finished work on the cross.

And the goodnews is not about justification by faith alone. The gospel is the preaching of the cross of Jesus.  He died and was crucified on the cross. And was raised three days. We are saved through faith but that's not the gospel but is contained in the gospel. 

Justification is not all there is to the good news, true.  I never said it was all there is.  But in terms of how salvation is obtained, justification is the aspect of salvation that speaks to that issue.  We are justified by faith in the finished work of the cross.  I made that clear in my last post.

If you want to talk about the full scope of the Gospel, that is a different subject.  But your OP was about being saved, not about the full scope of the Gospel.

Well if one says we are saved by christ alone. Then you are leaving out of the picture the trinity.

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Well if one says we are saved by christ alone. Then you are leaving out of the picture the trinity.

No, not at all.   We are saved by (or through) Christ alone because it is His sacrifice that made salvation possible.  It is not saying that Jesus was the only member of the Godhead alone who has anything to do with our salvation, but even Peter said that there is no other Name given under Heaven whereby we must be saved other than Jesus (Acts 4:12) 

All of the following verses point to Jesus as the one by whom we must be saved: Act_10:42-43; Mat_1:21; Mar_16:15-16; Joh_3:36, Joh_14:6; 1Co_3:11; 1Ti_2:5-6; Heb_2:3, Heb_12:25; 1Jn_5:11-12.

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, not at all.   We are saved by (or through) Christ alone because it is His sacrifice that made salvation possible.  It is not saying that Jesus was the only member of the Godhead alone who has anything to do with our salvation, but even Peter said that there is no other Name given under Heaven whereby we must be saved other than Jesus (Acts 4:12) 

All of the following verses point to Jesus as the one by whom we must be saved: Act_10:42-43; Mat_1:21; Mar_16:15-16; Joh_3:36, Joh_14:6; 1Co_3:11; 1Ti_2:5-6; Heb_2:3, Heb_12:25; 1Jn_5:11-12.

You are correct. But you could say God our Father is our savior it's his plan to send his only son into the world. The Holy Spirit draws us to christ. Without all three we would not be saved.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Do you have to be pure in doctrine to be saved ?

Me? Pure in doctrine?  I certainly hope not, for if so I am lost.

And yet, I am told that Jesus loses not a one of his flock. So am I of the flock of Jesus?

Have I been given to Him by God the Father from before  a time of creation itself?

What is the evidence?

Evidence, that is the issue is it not? What testimony  may I give that I am saved regardless of any doctrines I may know?

1, Did I have a lot of Bible scripture within me  before I was called by the Holy Spirit  convicted of my standing before God and saved from that standing?

2, Did I say a prayer, perfect in it's doctrinal statement, asking for my salvation?

3, Have I been perfect in my performance of faith  of Jesus in that I do all that I do to the glory of God?

Answer: No, no, and no.

What then?

I was saved in spite of myself, in spite of my denial of deity period, and in spite of my own desire to be left alone by the saints that would bother me with their need to share of Jesus.

None of my own power was sufficient to deny Christ this sheep.  Turns out I am one of His flock, and here I am, saved by His mercy and grace alone. Didn't want it at all- till I received it. Didn't need it at all - until I received it. It was nothing of me that saved me. It was all of the Glory of God that He had foreknown and predestined from before time itself. He has known and stills knows  every of the few hairs on my head. (Likely knows where the rest went too.)

My testimony is no. One does not need to know much of anything. If it is God's will, then it is God's will that will be done.

That miracle, the turning about by God the Holy Spirit, from denial of God to receiving Him into  one's self, via the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, is not a one act play. It is just the beginning of the beginning for the newly born saint-having been born again through  the sacrifice made willingly and obediantly by Jesus who is God. It is as fast as the twinkling  of the eye, but a long as life forward itself into eternity.

Made righteous faster than the eye blinks, but being sanctified  through a long process, which is the burden of the Holy Spirit for my sake; I suggest that no doctrine need be known for salvation, but that every doctrine will be examined, and many correctly learned by me personally, if my life  after salvation is extended long enough before death frees me from this flesh.

"Do you have to be pure in doctrine to be saved ?"

I didn't.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I believe it was Timothy that was instructed to be pure of doctrine, or at least to constantly train towards it being ever watchful on what he would teach, ( 1 Timothy somewhere in 4, maybe through all of 4 ) to teach well of the saving Grace of Jesus, but does that translate to one must be pure in doctrine to be saved? Seems to me, the reaching to perfection, that is the goal of the Holy Spirit indwelling each of us that are saints in Christ Jesus. The idea or fact that the Holy Spirit indwells in me seems to me evidence that  I  or even we are not perfected in doctrine.

I think upon perfection obtained (If it were possible in me) there would be no reason for the Spirit to further indwell me, and that I might be taken even as Enoch was taken.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

God does not require you to be filled with theological doctrine to save you:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

10 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

You are correct. But you could say God our Father is our savior it's his plan to send his only son into the world. The Holy Spirit draws us to christ. Without all three we would not be saved.

No, the Son was with the Father from the beginning. He is the Word Who spoke things into being.

If the Father was also the Saviour, why did the Son, Jesus say, " Father , into your hands I commit my spirit? " Why did he say, " Father forgive them for they know not what they do"? Etc.

No, the Father is not the Saviour. Jesus is the Redeemer, and the soon coming King. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I ask that question because when a person comes to faith how much truth do they know and how much is required to be saved.                                              The gospel Paul preach to the world was number one Jesus Christ crucified and buried.  Jesus died for our sins. And Jesus was resurrected on the third day.                                               And the promises were given in any presentation of the gospel. That anyone who believes in Jesus would have eternal life.                                        Also the truth of who Jesus was has to be preach. Jesus the son of God not born of man but the only begotten son of God.                                                    If we confess this and believe in our hearts we are saved.                                    Do we have to know about justification by faith. No because that is contain in the truth about Jesus

It's like a doctor who saves you. Do you have to know everything he does and how he performed a operation in order to be saved by the doctor. Or did you just trust the doctor.                        I think we can get in a trap by thinking we have to know about all the depth of doctrine in order to be counted as a true christian.                                   Christ crucified is the most inportant. If we have this we are in God's household and are living stones in his temple. 

Few people I think ever really are pure and perfect in doctrine as our learning is forever a work in process as long as we remain in this sinful flesh