• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

A second simple question, built on 1 Corinthians 13 & 1 John 4

1 Corinthians 13 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Excellence of Love

13 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body [a]to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;[b]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails; but if there are gifts of [c]prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part;10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I [d]became a man, I did away with childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror [e]dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the [f]greatest of these is love.

And

1 John 4: 7-21 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)

God Is Love

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is [a]born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. By this the love of God was manifested [b]in us, that God has sent His [c]only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has [d]for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear [e]involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19 We love, because He first loved us. 20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

These two verses made sense of everything. I do not know God's love. I spoke faith in Christ on the cross, and believed INTELLECTUALLY, but my heart is wrenched with black tar, and I have no love. Some of you have come to know me...I have come across as downright tyranical and insensitive.

How do I let God's love in? I do not know how.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

2 hours ago, Sight said:

The Excellence of Love

13 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body [a]to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;[b]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails; but if there are gifts of [c]prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part;10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I [d]became a man, I did away with childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror [e]dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the [f]greatest of these is love.

And

God Is Love

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is [a]born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. By this the love of God was manifested [b]in us, that God has sent His [c]only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has [d]for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear [e]involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19 We love, because He first loved us. 20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

These two verses made sense of everything. I do not know God's love. I spoke faith in Christ on the cross, and believed INTELLECTUALLY, but my heart is wrenched with black tar, and I have no love. Some of you have come to know me...I have come across as downright tyranical and insensitive.

Pray

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

For one thing, you need to acknowledge the fact that God's love is already working in your life. There are things you have in your life for which you should be grateful. Did you wake up this morning? Did you have enough food? Were you employed still? How about a roof over your head, and clothes on your back? These are just the basics, yet how many do not have them across the world? Start by praising God each day for what He provides. That doesn't mean you can't ask or hope for more, but don't let dissatisfaction with some things keep you from praising Him for what you do have.

So realize that God's love has been surrounding you, even though you were unworthy of it. Doing so makes it easier to love Him in return. And it's a choice, by the way; many times we have to take action first. We have to build "healthy" habits in our lives and hearts. Love God and love others even if you don't feel it, and soon you will build that habit. Do your way into feeling. We don't always have to just suddenly feel something before we take action. Make a choice to live in love and display that same love to others, and soon it will become natural as your heart and mind changes. There is no great musician, painter, dancer, actor, athlete etc. who got that way without years and years of practice first.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I love Joe's answer, "pray".  Ask.  

There are many scriptures that command us to love.  My understanding of what I was taught, was that love is a feeling.  So is God commanding us how to feel or is there a better definition of what love is?

How do you let God's love in?  First, go to the source, as you are doing already.  Read God's words, apply God's definition of love, meditate on what scripture is telling you, and apply it to your life.  Ask God to show you.  God bless you, my friend,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

13 hours ago, Sight said:

The Excellence of Love

And

God Is Love

Doubt is Satan's most used tool.  If Satan can nudge us to doubt, the result, if we follow his lead, will be the loss of faith.  Recognize doubt when it first pops its ugly head out and turn from it.  When you do turn, watch carefully where you are turning to as Satan also has other ways to turn you from God.

The best advice I can think of right now is to accept where you are and give who you are to God and, with a full heart, ask Him to change you.  There are so many scripture that speak of a new creation we become in Him and how the condition of our heart guides us.  Spend some time in a topic study to learn more about this and His words will not return to Him void.  The Holy Spirit is waiting to change you from the inside out.  All we have to do is allow Him to do His will in our lives and then give Him the glory when we realize how much we change.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sight....

Yes you do,the same way you know that I love you......you've said it,you believe,as you said you truly believe that I am the "real deal".....it's not ME that is the real deal Sight,it's Jesus in me.....that love just keeps on going,keeps on coming and you k now it because thats how God is getting it across to y8ou so that you let the walls down,,,,

God Has NEVER failed you,people have,life has,circumstances were not favorable & so you put up this barrier.....you experience that "love hurts"....that is not so & some day I may fail you and not seem to 'loving" on a day my eyes may wonder from being fixed on Jesus   God Loves you,this you know...but w4hat you "know" intellectually is that God Loves us all......now your hearts desire is to know that God Loves YOU,personally    You have been experiencing His Love 'through us" and slowly but surely the Holy Spirit has been softening your heart...the more it returns to flesh the more you will RECEIVE ......your hearts desire is changing & what is also happening is a renewal of the mind......now you are seeking His Face instead of His Hand......the only obstacle was "you/self" as this decreases Jesus increases ......thats when your true Relationship with God in Christ is gong to grow .....as the LOVE pours in,the boldness & confidence is in knowing WHO you are in Christ......that Blessed Assurance comes from His LOVE......we Receive His Love in so many ways,His Body,His Word,in Worshipping,in Praising,in prayer......but all from "within"...Jesus Abides in us.......its all from the inside out.......Understand HE Will Never fail you,let you down,leave you......

I still that Believe the Book of John is where that Love you are looking for an be found for starters    "God so loved the word".....change that in your he5art & mind to "God so Loved Sight"......pretend you just got a special delivery letter addressed to you from God & ask Him to Reveal Himself to you......we learn WHO we are in Christ when we REceive His Love.....PERSONALLY,, I Believe He has been helping you to REceive it one dose at a time until you no longer are afraid it will hurt

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Dearest Sight.  I have to confess that when I first read the Bible, these same are the verses He lead me to.  Then to 1Jn 4:20  If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?  Meanwhile he had been bringing into my life the most hate filled difficult to love people imaginable.  And I had to confess to Him that I couldn't love them.  God used these people to show me my own unloving nature.  But He also showed me that Jesus had died on the cross for these people, so great is His love.  And when I received Christ as my Savior and Lord, I had received His own Spirit to live in me.  So God can do in and through me what I am unable to do.  He wants me to be an expression of His Spirit on earth, to love the unlovable and forgive the unforgivable, thus to allow Jesus Christ to live in me.  

I don't know how well I expressed that.  But I do want to encourage you to surrender your life to be used of God.  He wants to live through you to be a blessing to others.  

Eph 3:14  For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Eph 3:15  from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Eph 3:16  that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,

Eph 3:17  that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

Eph 3:18  may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height—

Eph 3:19  to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Eph 3:20  Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

Eph 3:21  to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

There is a saying, let go and let God. Worrying about how we can be in control of everything in our lives is what keeps us stressed and afraid of our life.

When it comes to God, rather than think how I should do something to feel something, I release the worry and know that every cell of my being has God's breath invigorating it to life. He is with me as he has been from the beginning. Realizing I am worthy all that he believes me to be as his daughter takes time because of how we often feel about ourselves. And yet, God loves us with a pure love that does not judge us as we judge ourselves. Because God knew everything about us before we were born.

Let go. And see where His spirit takes you. It isn't like a pill you can pop in your mouth and have that instant feeling of being one with him. It is a process that involves our letting ourselves and our need to control what comes into our feelings that takes time because we have to realize we can free ourselves and be OK.

God's blessings find you a place of peace,

Paige

Edited by Paige Of The Bible

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Sight,

Thank you for being honest and transparent. It takes courage to admit that you cannot feel God's love. I give you honor as a result. Perhaps it is not so much that you do not feel God's love but more that you do not feel connected with God in a spirit-to-spirit fashion. Though this is hard to describe, it IS what God created Man for and God really does want to connect with you. The others who have responded are correct, that God loves you whether you can feel it or not. But Christianity is essentially a relationship that requires 2-way communication. We do need to "hear from God" for ourselves. And though I can tell you how I connect to God and recommend some things to do to enable you to connect with God, only you can finalize that connection.

You have stated that you accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. That is good because your eternal destiny is settled. We do not have to worry about that. But Jesus promised us blessings in this life, and I sense that is what you are desiring. Others have said to be thankful. I cannot disagree. An attitude of gratitude for what you currently have and where you currently are is essential. It is essential because thankfulness prepares our heart to connect with God. It causes us to look on the "bright" or "light" side of things. That means instead of looking for flaws, we are more interested in what is right about things. That change in our heart attitude draws God's attention to us. And when we get His attention, what do we ask Him for first?

Rather than asking Him to meet my own emergency, personal needs, I have learned to ask God to give me joy. You see joy is a gift of God that provides me with strength to "go through" all of the bad stuff that happens in life. Happiness is not really promised in the Bible because happiness depends upon circumstances. If I get a speeding ticket, I can't really be happy about the fine or being late to work. However, if God has given me joy, I can thank God for the officer defending the law and I can thank God that I made it to work and that I have a job. Joy is the strength to work in a pile of horse manure and think that at the bottom there just might be a horse in there.

Connecting with God happens around reading the Word. My wife and I do the "one year bible challenge" with people. We each read one chapter a day (starting with Matthew 1) and pick a verse that stands out to us. Over a 9 month period of daily bible reading and choosing a verse, we have a new understanding of who Jesus is and what His purpose is for us. The Bible says that it is "living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword...". That "living" part is key, because the Bible IS God. The first step to connecting with God is to connect with His word and find some verses that speak blessing and peace to your own situation....then thank Him profusely for that...and you will find yourself "in the Spirit" and sensing His physical presence in your life.

Blessings. Let me know how your search for connection comes out.