• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

It might be easy to misjudged a person. I think it's not hard to see who loves Jesus. If you don't love your brother you really don't love the Lord. If you love your brother then you love Jesus.

I agree with your point of view.  I learned this awhile back when a supposed "Christian family" started their own church.  I never felt comfortable around them.  Later, my discomfort was substantiated.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, cherubim said:

I agree with your point of view.  I learned this awhile back when a supposed "Christian family" started their own church.  I never felt comfortable around them.  Later, my discomfort was substantiated.

In what way did they make you feel uncomfortable ?

1 minute ago, Wayne222 said:

It says love even your enemies. 

Yes it does, therein lies some discernment.  It also tells us to "shake the dust off our feet" when dealing with certain people.  I think we are to love them, but be very cautious with them.  It's a tough topic.  I think evil has a way of using our "Christian love" against us.  If you stand against evil, you are accused of being "unchristian"!   AARRGGHH!  Not that terrible word!  Forgive me, oh I'm so sorry!  I should have not questioned you when you told me Allah is the true God!  How unloving of me!!!

This is how I've seen evil overcome good people. We don't want to be accused of being unloving and unchristian.

5 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

In what way did they make you feel uncomfortable ?

I couldn't put my finger on it.  I just felt they were insincere. They did things that were worldly, such as on Christmas, everyone bought a gift, and a table would be called, and would go up and select a gift from the stage.  When their table was called, they almost knocked others down in their rush to get to the stage to grab all the big gifts.  I just put together things like that I saw them do.  I had also been warned about them by a friend - but my husband liked them.  I had been a believer longer than my husband, and he didn't have the same discernment.  The pastor finally left the church, and agreed to talk to us before he left.  What an earful - they were every bit the terrible people that I'd discerned they were.

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That is kind of the nature of the beast on message boards.  We attract all kinds.    We used to have a guy on the boards who thought he was the reincarnation of the prophet Elijah.  That was an interesting experience to say the least. 

I have been here over 13 years and I cannot count the number of people who have come on here saying weird things.  One guy even claimed to be Jesus not long after I first joined the boards.     Gotta  take it all in stride.  They come and go.

Yes - I'm learning that.  I was never on a Christian forum before, even though I'm older.

2 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

The tares have been amongst Christians forever on this board and everywhere

Yes, I'm learning that - I should have been more vigilant.  

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

I thought a tare was a person who lived a double life. Like they go to church and fellowship with believers but then live also like unbelievers living in sin without repentance. 

I never looked into the meaning, now that you mention it.  I just assumed at face value, they were satan's children, planted among God's.

29 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

It might be easy to misjudged a person. I think it's not hard to see who loves Jesus. If you don't love your brother you really don't love the Lord. If you love your brother then you love Jesus.

It's love our brother - I interpret that to mean fellow believers, not those from the evil one.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

17 minutes ago, cherubim said:

Yes it does, therein lies some discernment.  It also tells us to "shake the dust off our feet" when dealing with certain people.  I think we are to love them, but be very cautious with them.  It's a tough topic.  I think evil has a way of using our "Christian love" against us.  If you stand against evil, you are accused of being "unchristian"!   AARRGGHH!  Not that terrible word!  Forgive me, oh I'm so sorry!  I should have not questioned you when you told me Allah is the true God!  How unloving of me!!!

This is how I've seen evil overcome good people. We don't want to be accused of being unloving and unchristian.

You are to stand for righteousness, whatever that may entail.  If someone accuses you for your stance , you outline what the word has declared.  The world, the flesh and  the devil are foes we face everyday and they come in a myriad of faces and situations. The Bible says, that when we are brought into situations that seems impossible, that we are to rely on the Holy Spirit to guide and lead us in those situations.   Hope you have been there and seen the Spirit at work .  Sometimes, the results may not be the outcome that you wanted, but a lesson is always there to be had.   As you said, it's tough, but regardless, the Christian must press on with diligence.  Loving your brother and neighbor is a Biblical command  that if everyone is honest, does not come automatic, but as we grow in our Christian walk and grasp the meaning of forgiveness, only then its application becomes easier.  

Might add too, that we are to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

Matthew 10  King James Version (KJV)

16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

4 minutes ago, cherubim said:

I never looked into the meaning, now that you mention it.  I just assumed at face value, they were satan's children, planted among God's.

well that's true too. Satan does plant the tares. But I really don't think we should judge who is or who's not. We cannot read a heart of someone.  We should treat anyone with the grace of God. Be a light to all.