• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

14 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Jesus did say "love your enemy", but in what context, did he say to go to the enemy and give him a love gift, what is a love gift anyway. 

They are different kinds of enemies, and we are all enemies to those of a different persuasion, when we try to procilitize their family members, do you know how they may perceived you, and how they may talked about the Christian who tried to snatch one of their sheep away from them. 

Jesus had a very special message to the Jews, when he said "love your enemies". 

The Jews were wondering if he is really the Christ, how he is going to deal with the Romans our enemies . 

He never spoke against them, he is not advocating an uprising, he is not gathering strong men of the war arts around him, he is telling the people pay your taxes to the Romans, and so on. 

For the Jew love your enemies , is advocating , love the Romans. 

That sheild the fate of Jesus in the minds of the Jews, as not being the CHRIST. 

The Christ must bring death to the Romans, and not the "LIFE", and it happened the other way around, the Romans got the "Life", and not the Jews. 

I think looking at JESUS as an example , that we should stay away from our enemies , that's what he did himself, many times he run away from them to save his life, the same as Paul, and all the others. Especially if the enemy has the means to hurt. 

Jesus wanted the Jews to perceived him as his enemy, but he didn't want them to love him, he wanted them to hate him to death, we do not have to follow Jesus in everything he did, we do not have his mission on our shoulders. 

There are times that we need to shake the dust from our feet, but we need to be careful not to do this to someone the Lord has sent, because he is not from the same dogmatic spirit. 

I like where you took this, "love your enemy " quote by Jesus. It definitely should be more widely examined.

should people love Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Mussolini, Khadafi, Hussein, and Bin Laden? 

Is that really what Jesus meant? 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

6 minutes ago, Spock said:

I like where you took this, "love your enemy " quote by Jesus. It definitely should be more widely examined.

should people love Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Mussolini, Khadafi, Hussein, and Bin Laden? 

Is that really what Jesus meant? 

You can love a person and still despise their actions.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

~~Happy Ressurection day~~

Christ is risen from the dead < He's alive tell others  !

stock-vector-hand-lettered-he-is-risen-on-watercolor-background-splotch-for-easter-384374740.jpg

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

You can love a person and still despise their actions.

Your words sound good but how practical are they, especially in regards to the list of people I presented? I would say none at all. To say I love Hitler but I hate his actions and words to me is a joke and so phony. 

However, I can apply that with my daughter or parents- I still love them despite their words or actions.  Just can't find that love for murderers, etc. 

Maybe Im in error here and the Lord can discuss this with me when we have some one on one time, but I have never loved Hitler, Bin Laden or any of those guys. In fact, I rejoice when they are taken out of this world and sent directly to hades. The world is a much better place with them gone. 

Edited by Spock

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I think looking at JESUS as an example , that we should stay away from our enemies , that's what he did himself, many times he run away from them to save his life, the same as Paul, and all the others. Especially if the enemy has the means to hurt. 

Jesus never ran away to save his life.  No, he had an appointed time as he prophesied .   He also stated that he could have called down armies to destroy his enemies.  Paul was of flesh and blood, but he went into the synagogues and preached repentance and yes he was beaten and he went to other cities and towns, sometimes returning to the same cities.   The Bible tells us that we are to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.   You don't run into  walls or into fire, no, you avoid them, but the gospel message remains as STEPHEN the martyr, so vividly demonstrated why he lost his life and just before the stoning, he asked that they be forgiven.  

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Just in case it has skipped the notice of people, of course there are tares among the wheat here, there are also those who do not pretend to be wheat. This is not a wheat field, it is not a grainery, it is wild area. 

People of all sort join here. We welcome not only Christians, but Jew, and Muslims, Buddhists, Atheists, Wiccans, Agnostics, Cultists etc.

There is no class or description of people that are forbidden. There are however, rules of conduct. People should respect each other, and treat each other with kindness. We do not allow people to teach doctrines that would undermine the cause of Christ. It is a Christian based forum, not limited to Christians. People here should expect to hear the gospel. Here, people of different world views, may interact, and discuss many things, but just remember, that the members here, are not the subject of discussion, the menbers discuss things with each other.

So, if there are tares here, try to help them to become wheat, but let the God who sees the heart, decide who are His, who will be His, and who are not and will not.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Though it is true that we cannot know another persons heart, we can see the fruit of their words.  When we learn how to allow His love and wisdom to guide our posts, we become more mature in Him.  Let's all grow together and not apart                                            OneLight

So, if there are tares here, try to help them to become wheat, but let the God who sees the heart, decide who are His, who will be His, and who are not and will not.

Omegaman

:amen: and :amen:                                                             Simply be accountable for what we ourselves say & do.....lead by example......Ambassadors for Christ...

With love-in Christ,Kwik    

45 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Just in case it has skipped the notice of people, of course there are tares among the wheat here, there are also those who do not pretend to be wheat. This is not a wheat field, it is not a grainery, it is wild area. 

People of all sort join here. We welcome not only Christians, but Jew, and Muslims, Buddhists, Atheists, Wiccans, Agnostics, Cultists etc.

There is no class or description of people that are forbidden. There are however, rules of conduct. People should respect each other, and treat each other with kindness. We do not allow people to teach doctrines that would undermine the cause of Christ. It is a Christian based forum, not limited to Christians. People here should expect to hear the gospel. Here, people of different world views, may interact, and discuss many things, but just remember, that the members here, are not the subject of discussion, the menbers discuss things with each other.

Your last comment is da bomb!  I was wondering who was going to do the deciding and what criteria was going to be used. I tried to be somewhat funny making a point when I said, "maybe we should keep a list of the tares....." but I don't think one particular person thought that amusing and stormed out of here. Oooops, sorry.  I often crack myself up with some things I say, even if no one else gets me, so I'm not too discouraged. (I like to smile.) 

anyhow, thanks O3!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

2 hours ago, Spock said:

Maybe Im in error here and the Lord can discuss this with me when we have some one on one time, but I have never loved Hitler, Bin Laden or any of those guys. In fact, I rejoice when they are taken out of this world and sent directly to hades. The world is a much better place with them gone. 

Ez 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dies, says the Lord GOD: therefore turn yourselves, and live.

I understand what you say, but if we start choosing this one or that one to not apply God's word to, then I think we are in error.  

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Amen! Omegaman.  We also need to give room for contrary opinions and discuss what God's word has to say on a subject.

However, I don't believe a pastor should allow known sin to reside in a church such as unrepented adultery in long standing members.  They should be confronted in private, then taking a couple of people with them, and if still unrepentant they should go to the church leadership with the problem.  People stealing from the church should be confronted, as should those who sinfully spread false accusations and rumors about anyone, especially church leadership.  We had someone in the church hack into private information about members.  He gave no explanation and didn't repent, so he was expelled.  This board handles problems in much the same way.  We should all be humble enough to receive correction when necessary. 

New and unsaved people should be given more time to grow and allow the Holy Spirit to do His work whenever possible.  But I find that if someone else has to speak to me about an issue (like my husband), God has already been telling me about it but I have been resisting.

When it comes to tares, Anyone who tries to divide a church or cause people to follow him rather than Christ should also be expelled if they don't repent.  But they are harder to recognize on a forum.  I suspect people who accuse others of not being Christians just because they don't agree with them.  Satan is the accuser of the brethren.  We can all do something like this and not be a tare.  Sometimes pride gets in the way and we become defensive.   But it is also a tactic to manipulate people and lead them into deception.  Telling someone they will go to hell if they don't follow that person or do what they say is also a way to control people.  Such actions immediately raise red flags in my mind.  I always hope that they are simply in error and may grow here to be more like Jesus.  Love believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1Co 13:4 NKJV Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;  1Co 13:5  does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;

Rom 12:19 NASB Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, “VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY,” says the Lord.

Rom 12:20 “BUT IF YOUR ENEMY IS HUNGRY, FEED HIM, AND IF HE IS THIRSTY, GIVE HIM A DRINK; FOR IN SO DOING YOU WILL HEAP BURNING COALS ON HIS HEAD.”

Rom 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.