cherubim

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I have suspected twice there are tares among the wheat here. One person claimed to be the Holy Spirit, and another twisted scripture.  I believe it's imperative to exercise discernment, even here.  I started a post where an individual that I believe is a tare took scripture and twisted it to suit his interpretations. I asked the forum owner to remove the thread due to the topic getting too controversial with that person.  We need to be cognizant that even though this is a Christian forum, tares may be among us.  Remember, tares can quote scripture, but we need to exercise discernment to recognize the subtle misuse of scripture - "...Rightly dividing the Word of Truth..."  The good news is that there is an abundance of wheat here.

Never forget they there is a wily one, who has planted tares, in churches, in communities, on forums...

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Guest shiloh357

That is kind of the nature of the beast on message boards.  We attract all kinds.    We used to have a guy on the boards who thought he was the reincarnation of the prophet Elijah.  That was an interesting experience to say the least. 

I have been here over 13 years and I cannot count the number of people who have come on here saying weird things.  One guy even claimed to be Jesus not long after I first joined the boards.     Gotta  take it all in stride.  They come and go.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

2 hours ago, cherubim said:

I have suspected twice there are tares among the wheat here. One person claimed to be the Holy Spirit, and another twisted scripture.  I believe it's imperative to exercise discernment, even here.  I started a post where an individual that I believe is a tare took scripture and twisted it to suit his interpretations. I asked the forum owner to remove the thread due to the topic getting too controversial with that person.  We need to be cognizant that even though this is a Christian forum, tares may be among us.  Remember, tares can quote scripture, but we need to exercise discernment to recognize the subtle misuse of scripture - "...Rightly dividing the Word of Truth..."  The good news is that there is an abundance of wheat here.

Never forget they there is a wily one, who has planted tares, in churches, in communities, on forums...

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

The tares have been amongst Christians forever on this board and everywhere

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, cherubim said:

I thought a tare was a person who lived a double life. Like they go to church and fellowship with believers but then live also like unbelievers living in sin without repentance. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

23 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I thought a tare was a person who lived a double life. Like they go to church and fellowship with believers but then live also like unbelievers living in sin without repentance. 

Tears can be any number of personalities who are against God and His truth.  They can lead a double life, which is being a false Christian, only to deceive.  They could be a false prophet or a false teacher, claiming to hold the truth.  They do, even as Shiloh stated, come claiming to be who they are not.  Allowing the Holy Spirit to give you insight to who they are by their fruit is a blessing that should never go understated.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

10 hours ago, cherubim said:

What did Jesus say?

Matthew 13:24-30English Standard Version (ESV)

The Parable of the Weeds

24 He put another parable before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field, 25 but while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds* among the wheat and went away.26 So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also.27 And the servants of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have weeds?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ So the servants said to him, ‘Then do you want us to go and gather them?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, “Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

*tares

Seems to me our Lord has it well in hand. I, and perhaps we, need not step forward with our own solutions. He has already via the parable told us  when he was  asked; " 'Then do you want us to go and gather them?’  But he said, ‘No, lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them.' "  If we do not heed, are we not much like the pharisees and the great crowds that were incapable of understanding His  parables? 

Which are we;  are we privileged more as the disciples may have become, or are we more as the Pharisee might have been, not seeing because of our own opinion on how things are should be done?

"The Purpose of the Parables

10 Then the disciples came and said to him, “Why do you speak to them in parables?” 11 And he answered them, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says:

“‘“You will indeed hear but never understand,
    and you will indeed see but never perceive.”
15 For this people's heart has grown dull,
    and with their ears they can barely hear,
    and their eyes they have closed,
lest they should see with their eyes
    and hear with their ears
and understand with their heart
    and turn, and I would heal them.’

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear. 17 For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it."

Personally, though I may not understand all that much, I do conclude that sovereignty of God means God has the things of God well in hand. He has no need of me to step out and bring about what I would have done if I were creator and not the created.

God seems ( to me ) to say He has it in hand. He will separate the tare from the wheat at the time and the place He has already decided. I need not do and should not do, what I think is right of me by my own thinking to do instead.  I should do what He tells me to do.

Why? Because I might get it wrong and remove the wheat along with the tare, for my imperfect knowledge of God's will, God's timing, and because of my lack of trust in His perfect manner and perfect provision in all matters!

Least that is what I contend, and therefore I will be most hesitant to cheer the removal of  a supposed tare before the harvest; especially on the say of  anyone's idea of who or what is a tare.

Edited by Neighbor
To attempt restructuring of a confusing sentence

44 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Tears can be any number of personalities who are against God and His truth.  They can lead a double life, which is being a false Christian, only to deceive.  They could be a false prophet or a false teacher, claiming to hold the truth.  They do, even as Shiloh stated, come claiming to be who they are not.  Allowing the Holy Spirit to give you insight to who they are by their fruit is a blessing that should never go understated.

It might be easy to misjudged a person. I think it's not hard to see who loves Jesus. If you don't love your brother you really don't love the Lord. If you love your brother then you love Jesus.

7 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

It might be easy to misjudged a person. I think it's not hard to see who loves Jesus. If you don't love your brother you really don't love the Lord. If you love your brother then you love Jesus.

I think people can be misjudged, but we're told to use discernment.  "By their fruits..."  and "...have their senses trained by reason of use..."

8 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

But not everyone is "our brother."  Some are from the evil one.  

1 minute ago, cherubim said:

But not everyone is "our brother."  Some are from the evil one.  

It says love even your enemies.