• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

25 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Yes, as I do not believe miracles have to always be something like the growing back of an arm or the raising of the dead.  I see miracles in peoples lives in many other ways.  I also see healing take place in many ways.  You see, neither have to be a dramatic event to be one or the other.

I am also in my 60's and have seen such.  As I stated, when people do not believe that the Holy Spirit can depart them with gifts, they place Him in their little box, neatly defined by their theology.  As I said, this is their loss and the loss of those they know as they refuse to allow the Holy Spirit to use His gifts through them.   Do you remember the passage that instructs us not to quench the Holy Spirit?  This is one way He is quenched by the body.

Miracles happening in everyday life is not the gift of miracles. 

Ive been playing the "Devils advocate" on this issue because like I said, it is no big deal with me since I've never seen some of these gifts and since I don't speak in tongues. To be completely honest, I prayed to see these gifts in my church, especially when I would see a Downs Syndrome child, or someone with a family coming down with malignant cancer.  I begged God to show himself strong so that his name would be praised and these afflicted souls would be healed, just like in Jesus' day. But.......unfortunately, those prayers got a big nada. His ways are not mine.....for sure! 

But here is my latest thinking on this: these gifts are probably manifested big time in third world countries or places where there has to be underground churches, like Muslim countries. Not so much in the west where you have so many churches and media outlets. 

Lastly,  I definitely don't care if anyone speaks in tongues or has their own prayer language.  If they feel closer to God with this prayer language, that's good enough for me. 

Spock out

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

There are prominent pastors, authors and deliverance ministries that hold to the belief, if one don't have the gifts of tongues, then they cannot cast out demons or to participate in deliverance services.  The Pentecostals and others all have deliverance services which are special services to deliver persons afflicted or possessed by demons and tongues is crucial in these services.   Come on Pentecostals, am i speaking the truths and is this statement correct or am i missing facts.    But tongues, for those who are involved in these meetings are essential i have read and watched some videos on it. 

On person who has  stated this very clearly is Derek Prince. He has written about forty books and i heard him in one of his videos states the above clearly.  Others today who are involved in these ministries believe it is vital and essential in their work....   So when many said it is a minor gift, to the deliverance ministers, it is a vital and needed tool to cast demons out.   Surely there are many Pentecostals here and please let's hear your voice on this matter. Is it truth or not ?. 

Edited by warrior12

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

There are prominent pastors, authors and deliverance ministries that hold to the belief, if one don't have the gifts of tongues, then they cannot cast out demons or to participate in deliverance services.  The Pentecostals and others all have deliverance services which are special services to deliver persons afflicted or possessed by demons and tongues is crucial in these services.   Come on Pentecostals, am i speaking the truths and is this statement correct or am i missing facts.    But tongues, for those who are involved in these meetings are essential i have read and watched some videos on it. 

On person who has  stated this very clearly is Derek Prince. He has written about forty books and i heard him in one of his videos states the above clearly.  Others today who are involved in these ministries believe it is vital and essential in their work....   So when many said it is a minor gift, to the deliverance ministers, it is a vital and needed tool to cast demons out.   Surely there are many Pentecostals here and please let's hear your voice on this matter. Is it truth or not ?. 

It is wise to stay far away from those who abuse the gifts and apply denominational authority over the gifts.  Just because people abuse the gifts, that does not mean they do not exist.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

On 4/16/2017 at 0:12 AM, D-Dawn said:

Does anyone have Scripture to support their private prayer language? Acts 2 certainly doesn't describe anything like this. 

1 cor 14:2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.

28 But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God

9 hours ago, OneLight said:

Sure is one way to miss out on any gift the Holy Spirit may want to give you.  Doubt is not of God, faith is.

Are there any cases anywhere of validated tongues being spoken that were verified languages? Never heard of a single case. As far as the Holy Spirit giving people gifts of healing, yes I believe that is true, but tongues no, and raising people when they've been clearly dead for a while, like Lazarus, no. Those things only happened during Christ's time when the HS actually descended on the apostles and disciples. If you can find a valid case where this happened with a link I'll believe it. 

8 hours ago, OneLight said:

It is wise to stay far away from those who abuse the gifts and apply denominational authority over the gifts.  Just because people abuse the gifts, that does not mean they do not exist.

Does the gift of tongue still exist today. Well the entire thread is what basically the topic is about. The Bible does not say that it it has ceased and i acknowledge that.  At the same time, it has been dormant for hundreds of years with no evidence of it's existence in writings after the apostles deaths.  Only in the last hundred years or so has the revival of the gift of tongues been practiced or seen for lack of a better word.  Much controversy surrounds this particular gift and i guess only those with the gift can shed light on it's existence.    Earlier, i was merely pointing out the ministries that perform the acts of casting out demons, which is also Biblical and the use of tongues is essential in their work.  How true is all this, i personally don't have the gift of tongues so i cannot confirm it's existence, but many here do and so our discussion to a topic that has been discussed  many times over.

So let' ask.  The gift had been dormant for hundred of years, and i have read of the revival of it at the Azusa street mission in LA.   As the Bible so clearly states that nothing is impossible with God, this could have been a genuine revival of the gift.   But as you see,  because of its closure for quite a number of years and its now appearance much debate carry on today.   I do not for one denies God healing and  other gifts as i have been beneficiaries of some of those, but this gift as i hope i have show does have its suspicion of it's authenticity[today], and to those who do not have it, i think it is normal to seek some insights of it's present day use.  

Edited by warrior12

13 hours ago, Spock said:

You do make a valid point in my opinion. 

Not everybody considers the culture of when these authors wrote and not everyone considers LETTERS to a specific church regarding their problems as being for all churches for all time for every culture. 

I know some think that to be the case but I don't.  There are clearly things Paul wrote in his letters that don't apply to today. I'm not here to discuss them all and I haven't really made a list, but they are there. Head covering is first that comes to the top of my head. 

As for tongues though......I wouldn't say they are limited to just one culture, one time. I wouldn't say anything. Mind you, I don't speak in tongues and quite frankly don't want to and don't want to be around someone who does speak in tongues. I used to go to a church where some dude got up, spoke in tongues, and it just so happened the pastor was the only one who could interpret it and it just seemed hokey to me. He even spoke in the King James language when interpreting. Most of the messages were pretty generic....you don't even need someone speaking in tongues to give those messages. Sorry for being so critical, but my spirit "told me" this is a joke, so I left.  

Hi Spock, fellow Star Trekkie here. I attended a church a few times where they were speaking in tongues and people were falling down every time the pastor put his hand on them. It felt like a joke to me too, and I had a difficult time not laughing because it was just a theatrical performance and it was like expected of us to fall down like that. I left before they got to me because I didn't want to injure myself. Too me that's not the Holy Spirit working.

There are also many valid exorcists in both the Catholic and other denominations who don'ts peak in tongues and have had successful exorcisms. One such priest is Father Malachi Martin who wrote the book Hostage To The Devil which you can get on kindle.

6 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

Hi Spock, fellow Star Trekkie here. I attended a church a few times where they were speaking in tongues and people were falling down every time the pastor put his hand on them. It felt like a joke to me too, and I had a difficult time not laughing because it was just a theatrical performance and it was like expected of us to fall down like that. I left before they got to me because I didn't want to injure myself. Too me that's not the Holy Spirit working.

Just want to assure you that the laying on of hands and slaying of the spirits  is not a joke, but real power.   Is it from on high, or demonic, i can't say for sure, but i am telling you, those powers are very powerful .  I have been in enough battles and again they are real, real, real.   

15 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Just want to assure you that the laying on of hands and slaying of the spirits  is not a joke, but real power.   Is it from on high, or demonic, i can't say for sure, but i am telling you, those powers are very powerful .  I have been in enough battles and again they are real, real, real.   

I totally believe in the sincere use of laying on of hands and exorcism (slaying of spirits?) however, I do believe that there are people who make this into a theatrical performance at churches and it appears extremely fake to me. I have had priesthood blessings where they lay their hands on your head and pray for you and we all felt the Holy Spirit enter the room. It was amazing. I'm talking about those tent churches and other megachurches where you can clearly see it's fake and they're doing it for show. Just not buying it.