• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/15/2017 at 11:43 PM, hmbld said:

1 Cor 14:39  So, my brothers, earnestly desire to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.

The trouble is that 99%+ of the prophecies that you hear today are either complete drivel or false, and as for today's tongues they are in 99%+ of all cases simply babbling and thus completely different from the genuine languages of the new testament. Look at the fruit of the tongues movement on GOD TV, TBN and in a slew of "churches" around the world! The tongues movement is the fulfillment of Matthew 24:23; who hear preachers saying the word "anointed" repeatedly, this word (anointed) means "Christ" and the tongues movement is fulfilling prophecy by claiming to make millions of little Christs (anointed) around the world, who place their anointing above the scriptures.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

On 5/3/2017 at 6:42 AM, Limey_Bob said:

The trouble is that 99%+ of the prophecies that you hear today are either complete drivel or false, and as for today's tongues they are in 99%+ of all cases simply babbling and thus completely different from the genuine languages of the new testament. Look at the fruit of the tongues movement on GOD TV, TBN and in a slew of "churches" around the world! The tongues movement is the fulfillment of Matthew 24:23; who hear preachers saying the word "anointed" repeatedly, this word (anointed) means "Christ" and the tongues movement is fulfilling prophecy by claiming to make millions of little Christs (anointed) around the world, who place their anointing above the scriptures.

Perhaps where you are it may be so, but not everywhere.  I am not sure where you come up with such percentages?   There will always be those who apply scripture the wrong way, yet that does not mean scripture is wrong.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

20 hours ago, OneLight said:

Perhaps where you are it may be so, but not everywhere.  I am not sure where you come up with such percentages?   There will always be those who apply scripture the wrong way, yet that does not mean scripture is wrong.

I live in Plymouth where GOD TV is based, almost everything coming from GOD TV and TBN (Europe) is heresy of the worst kind, yet nobody seems to want to stand against it, the mantra from happy-clappy Christians is don't judge, don't judge, don't judge. It's maddening to see such lunacy.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 4/15/2017 at 6:50 PM, missmuffet said:

I do not believe that tongues are for today. I am a cessationist. All gifts of tongues have ceased.

Is there a scripture that says that tongues will cease one day according to God's plan? I know Paul said those who feel inspired to speak in tongues should not do so unless there is someone to interpret. But I'm not aware of a scripture that says tongues will stop all together. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,421
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

This topic would go on forever, as some people do speak in tongues if it genuine or not is for that person to satisfy his conclusion .  We know for sure that there are counterfeits and every believer has to navigate his journey like the Character "Christian from Pilgrims Progress".   Christian on his journey saw the many pitfall that was set before him as he journey to the celestial city and so the believer has to be aware too.

My conclusion. Who speak in tongues and believe it is a gift to him, so be it. For me, i don't and it does not hinder my spiritual walk and journey to the city.  However i have encountered spiritual entities that tries to force its way into my senses and it is an ongoing battle, which proves to me the spiritual world of seduction and manipulation is very real, even for the believer.   Timothy did say, that seducing spirits would be around.    

Edited by warrior12

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

J think Tongues is one of those details that we shouldn't be too argumentative (contentious) over. I think getting heated over soteriology and Christology is fine because that is matters of the Gospel that the Apostle Paul too got heated over (see Galatians 1:8-9, Galatians 5:4, 2 Corinthians 11:2-4, 12-15). But tongues isn't a salvic issue or necessary to seek and know Christ. I believe its benefit, especially for intercessors and prayer warriors, but it will not determine your fate at Judgement Day.

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Yes; ok some get mixed up with "THE GIFTS IN THE CHURCH" ( when Christians come together ,not the building ) and Private prayer..

Mt 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him MUST worship him in spirit and in truth. (new testament commandment )

Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.  (so according to the word..how..)

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

1Co 14:18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye  All:...........(all could )

1co 14:19 Yet  IN THE CHURCH    ...........(Max 3) (this is only for a sign to unbelievers..to show you are christian )

the other signs are for believers ,they know from whom the interpretation and prophecies come.

and some think it was just some witness to other countries eg acts 2...

1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

etc

I believe the speaking in tongues was only meant for the disciples of Jesus. I can't take people who speak in tongues seriously same thing with people who fall down in church. All it is is gibberish. It's not even translated languages by any interpreter. Too me it's just pride and ego. Sorry, not buying the tongues thing at all. Same thing with those snake dancers. Just because you play with venomous snakes doesn't make you godly, it makes you one step from dropping dead. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

14 hours ago, Allroses48 said:

I believe the speaking in tongues was only meant for the disciples of Jesus. I can't take people who speak in tongues seriously same thing with people who fall down in church. All it is is gibberish. It's not even translated languages by any interpreter. Too me it's just pride and ego. Sorry, not buying the tongues thing at all. Same thing with those snake dancers. Just because you play with venomous snakes doesn't make you godly, it makes you one step from dropping dead. 

Sorry to hear you think this way due to some of abuse the gifts along with wolves in sheep's clothing with their theatrical performances.

How do you see 1 Corinthians 12-14?  Are you saying Paul was incorrect in his teachings about the gifts?

I believe the context of Corinthians is that he was talking to the Christians in Corinth, not the Christians today. I think when we take passages out of context like this, it creates confusion and division. Some of the messages of his epistle applies to us but I believe certain issues like speaking in tongues, miraculous healing, raising people from the dead are only things Christ or his apostles/disciples were able to do.