zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Does God still make people have out of body experiences like paul in 2 corinthians 12:2?Because I have been praying for one and nothing.:(

Edited by zorgblar

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Paul very explicitly says that he is talking about "visions and revelations".  Any vision or revelation in the Bible was to teach the person having one something that they did not know.

Those things taught to those people WE know now because we have the Bible and there are no new revelations.

Think about these people in the Bible who had visions and/or revelations and WHY they had them.

1. Peter had a vision of clean and unclean animals coming down on a sheet and told to eat.  What was that about for crying out loud?  It was to teach him that the gospel for for the Gentiles. 
  2. Moses and Elijah were revealed to Peter, James, and John when Jesus was transfigured.  Why?  To teach them that the law and the prophets were not equal to Jesus.  Jesus was superior.
  3. Abraham had a vision when God made the covenant with him.
  4. Jacob dreamed or had a vision of a ladder reaching to heaven on which angels were traveling up and down upon. 

Zorgblar - God primarily speaks to us today and reveals things to in this manner:

• Bible reading, study, memorization, and mediation
  • Prayer - individual and corporate
  • Quiet times with God and worship times whether private or corporate

Please stop being transfixed with having an "out of body" experience. 

God does want you to experience him in wonderful way.  But praying for a "new" revelation via and out of body experience isn't going to happen.  And those today who do seek those experiences are tempting demonic activity.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I seriously doubt it.  I believe There was a reason Paul had this.  I believe God wanted to give him this perk because he knew how much suffering awaits him.