Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I watch the show the walking dead. Does anyone feel this is wrong or sinful ? I seen every season. It's the only show I do watch as to me TV takes away from being with the Lord thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

It's not one of the 10 commandments, nor the 7 things God hates, so that is where I always start. 

Thus,  not black and white, but gray.  Follow your conscience. For some it may be wrong, for some it may not be,  it depends .........  You  certainly don't want to pollute your mind with stuff that can tempt you toward sin, but I don't see how this show can do that.  The violence probably won't make you violent.  But again, we are all different at different places. 

I don't believe someone can just tell you this show is wrong or right for YOU TO WATCH and apply that to everyone.  Be careful here brother. 

"To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted." Titus 1:15 something to ponder

Edited by Spock

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

3 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I watch the show the walking dead. Does anyone feel this is wrong or sinful ? I seen every season. It's the only show I do watch as to me TV takes away from being with the Lord thanks.

If you feel that TV in general takes you away from the Lord and your conscience is (perhaps) causing you to question whether its a good idea. Stop watching for awhile and see how it affects your relationship with the Lord.

I was drawn away from TV myself for a variety of reasons. First: I could not afford a new TV. Second: I had time for things like more time in Scripture and other things when I stopped spending so much time watching the tube. Third: I realized that between Amazon Prime and Netflix there's more than enough TV to watch on those rare occasions that I have time for it. Bottom line: I can't stand all the commercials on network TV and about 99% of the content any more. I just don't want to watch it for the most part, though there are a couple of shows I wouldn't mind seeing but those are exceptions. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

I do not watch television and have given up my television years ago. I just did not want to subject my brain and eyes to all that garbage.

1 minute ago, walla299 said:

If you feel that TV in general takes you away from the Lord and your conscience is (perhaps) causing you to question whether its a good idea. Stop watching for awhile and see how it affects your relationship with the Lord.

I was drawn away from TV myself for a variety of reasons. First: I could not afford a new TV. Second: I had time for things like more time in Scripture and other things when I stopped spending so much time watching the tube. Third: I realized that between Amazon Prime and Netflix there's more than enough TV to watch on those rare occasions that I have time for it. Bottom line: I can't stand all the commercials on network TV and about 99% of the content any more. I just don't want to watch it for the most part, though there are a couple of shows I wouldn't mind seeing but those are exceptions. 

I do think TV is a trap to lose valuable time. Same with playing video games. The bible says redeem the time. If we really believe in Christ's coming there is so much to do for him.

26 minutes ago, Spock said:

It's not one of the 10 commandments, nor the 7 things God hates, so that is where I always start. 

Thus,  not black and white, but gray.  Follow your conscience. For some it may be wrong, for some it may not be,  it depends .........  You  certainly don't want to pollute your mind with stuff that can tempt you toward sin, but I don't see how this show can do that.  The violence probably won't make you violent.  But again, we are all different at different places. 

I don't believe someone can just tell you this show is wrong or right for YOU TO WATCH and apply that to everyone.  Be careful here brother. 

"To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted." Titus 1:15 something to ponder

To the pure all things are pure .I don't think it is a licence to anything goes. It also says touch not the unclean things.

22 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I do think TV is a trap to lose valuable time. Same with playing video games. The bible says redeem the time. If we really believe in Christ's coming there is so much to do for him.

Okay, but be careful here if you compare any activity with doing something for God.  Is playing golf a waste of time? Or bowling?  Or playing cards with friends?  

Just now, Spock said:

Okay, but be careful here if you compare any activity with doing something for God.  Is playing golf a waste of time? Or bowling?  Or playing cards with friends?  

Maybe but there is a difference in golf which is good because of the walking and Fresh air. TV shows are mostly unfruitful.  

3 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Maybe but there is a difference in golf which is good because of the walking and Fresh air. TV shows are mostly unfruitful.  

Well, I was just responding to this comment you made when I said be careful....

"I do think TV is a trap to lose valuable time. Same with playing video games. The bible says redeem the time. If we really believe in Christ's coming there is so much to do for him."

10 minutes ago, Spock said:

Well, I was just responding to this comment you made when I said be careful....

"I do think TV is a trap to lose valuable time. Same with playing video games. The bible says redeem the time. If we really believe in Christ's coming there is so much to do for him."

Thank you for your insight Spock. It was helpful very much. God's blessings on you.