warrior12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

Just browsing the news at CNN and there was a topic titled " The big one is coming and it is going to be a Flu Pandemic ".   I have been hearing of this for a couple of years now and the some scientist are saying these super bugs are getting smarter and the most powerful vaccines today are becoming ineffective.  Don't know how true all of this is, but the suggestion is that everyone should take the flu vaccine and  the way it is heading it would become mandatory .  See the article on CNN.   Yes, i browse their news headlines.

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  288
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Good idea to get vacinnated yes, mandatory, I think not

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

The sick bugs out there this past year or so are really hard to beat once they  attack. People just keep getting sick  once they are weakened from the first round. Since I until very recently have been around over 300 kids on a daily basis,  and some 500 plus adults a few times a week, I have always taken the latest vaccines. It seems to have been helpful for me.

Seems anyone new to the area gets hit hard the first year anyway. Perhaps after that they get the vaccines against the latest flu threat and against pneumonia. Now about those allergies that develop from all the pollens. Wow that is another story. There is always something it seems. Zyrtec is my friend of choice for that. But hey keep a coming to Florida ya'll, it's what I did. Still love it here, well except I  and it seems most everyone else can't hardly breath without  asthma and allergy meds  here. Revenge of the jungle I guess. Or just, "time of the signs"- and  the pestilence that stalks in darkness,...

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Allergy shots do help.  I just reached the maintenance dose level and it has helped a lot.  Did so 25 years ago too.  Should have not stopped taking them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Tried allergy shots for many years until a nice ENT doctor told me it looks like I was in the 30% of the population where they don't do any good.  Zyrtec does help, though, and there's a Costco generic version that sells for about $20 for a year supply.  

There's a lot of pharma company money pushing flu vaccines and the news seem to go in cycles about how 'now' is the most dangerous time ever for flu.  

Guest BacKaran

I myself don't do flu shots since the1980s. I've recall being stuck like a truck hit me, down for a week at the longest, total of less than ten times. A couple of years ago I was sick on Thanksgiving and my friend gave me strong Ginger tea, cold find in two days. Love my ginger tea, ?

2 hours ago, bryan said:

Tried allergy shots for many years until a nice ENT doctor told me it looks like I was in the 30% of the population where they don't do any good.  Zyrtec does help, though, and there's a Costco generic version that sells for about $20 for a year supply.  

There's a lot of pharma company money pushing flu vaccines and the news seem to go in cycles about how 'now' is the most dangerous time ever for flu.  

That's a shame the allergy shots don't work for you.  I've gone to having almost constant sinus infections and on antibiotics three to four months a year to one sore throat in the last year and off all antihistamines except to ossacionally get to sleep.

They have helped me a lot.

I've taken flu shots each year so long I don't remember when I started...  probably in the 60s when I joined the air force.  I have always when possible got the single dose form of shots to avoid the Mercury and other preservatives. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I have gotten allergy shots and I did not think they worked that well. My raw local honey works better.

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I have gotten allergy shots and I did not think they worked that well. My raw local honey works better.

Depends on your system and how long you take them.  I didn't get much relief for the first five months. Now that I'm on the full strength it has made a huge difference.  The tests showed that I am moderately allergic to just about everything, but extremely reactive to about 40% of what is tested.

Some molds were so reactive they gave me a benadryl shot out of fear of a systemic reaction.  It's really necessary for me to have epipens for several hours after a shot in case they accidentally hit a vein with the shot.

But not having to take antihistamines makes it worth the effort.  I hate the drugged feeling that anything that works always gave me. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

49 minutes ago, other one said:

Depends on your system and how long you take them.  I didn't get much relief for the first five months. Now that I'm on the full strength it has made a huge difference.  The tests showed that I am moderately allergic to just about everything, but extremely reactive to about 40% of what is tested.

Some molds were so reactive they gave me a benadryl shot out of fear of a systemic reaction.  It's really necessary for me to have epipens for several hours after a shot in case they accidentally hit a vein with the shot.

But not having to take antihistamines makes it worth the effort.  I hate the drugged feeling that anything that works always gave me. 

My husband at the time, my son and I all had allergy testing. We were told that all of us needed allergy shots. I took them for a couple of years and so did my husband and son. We were not that impressed from the results but maybe we did not take them long enough. Most of my problems are indoors such as dust and dust mites which was a 4 from my testing. I do take antihistamines on a prn basis. I have bad sinuses. I inherited those from my dad.... Thanks dad :mellow: