What Would You Think If

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

not sure where to post this question but today i received this post from a random person on another site i use-not Christian

Has anyone ever informed you that "the wrath of God is coming"? -Colossians 3:6.

Awaiting your reply,

they have left their name and contact number! i am a random person that they have decided to post to and what gets even weirder is that their joining date was sept 16 and they havent posted one single thing until today. it leaves me feeling uneasy...

and today of all days Easter Sunday

as yet i am uncertain as to reply.

many thanks

Mabel

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Well, the Bible is pretty clear that Gods wrath will come to planet Earth. Practically Every OT prophet speaks it and of course the book of Revelation yells this message through the trumpet and bowl judgments (Rev 8-16). 

What perplexed you about the question? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

52 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

not sure where to post this question but today i received this post from a random person on another site i use-not Christian

they have left their name and contact number! i am a random person that they have decided to post to and what gets even weirder is that their joining date was sept 16 and they havent posted one single thing until today. it leaves me feeling uneasy...

many thanks

Mabel

Today is remembrance The Wrath Of God was satisfied through Christ. Be found in Christ. God was pleased with him.

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Well, the Bible is pretty clear that Gods wrath will come to planet Earth. Practically Every OT prophet speaks it and of course the book of Revelation yells this message through the trumpet and bowl judgments (Rev 8-16). 

What perplexed you about the question? 

it was a complete random question and not on a Christian site. as i mention, in the op this was a random person.

i have been trying to improve my journey with the LORD. so i see this and think hmmmmn

and also they are expecting a reply!

Edited by existential mabel

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

Today is remembrance The Wrath Of God was satisfied through Christ. Be found in Christ. God was pleased with him.

so is this a good random scripture to receive on a Easter Sunday?

Has anyone ever informed you that "the wrath of God is coming"? -Colossians 3:6.

the question seems like an accusation is how i have read it. i mean a totally random post from non Christian forum

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

2 hours ago, existential mabel said:

many thanks

Mabel

Well, i would start by reading the chapter in which the person quoted and see the context in which the statement came from.   It then gives you a platform to answer the question based on the scripture verse in all it's context.     Don't know why this question makes you uneasy and why does the person posting this on Easter Sunday makes you uneasy too.  It is another day in my daily life and while we do have landmarks, it nevertheless the opening of the seals.   Relax and have a dialogue with this person, let the Holy Spirit take the charge, he will help you when you feel weak and vulnerable. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

First I would be suspicious of a virus being in such a message.  Don't reply.  eliminate it.  

Second, all of us who have received Jesus as Savior Messiah,, and have surrendered to Him as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, we can relax about the wrath of God.  Many places in the Bible indicated that believers are not intended for the wrath.  

1Th 1:10 and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

1Th 5:9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Col 3:6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience,

Rom 5:9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

Well, i would start by reading the chapter in which the person quoted and see the context in which the statement came from.   It then gives you a platform to answer the question based on the scripture verse in all it's context.     Don't know why this question makes you uneasy and why does the person posting this on Easter Sunday makes you uneasy too.  It is another day in my daily life and while we do have landmarks, it nevertheless the opening of the seals.   Relax and have a dialogue with this person, let the Holy Spirit take the charge, he will help you when you feel weak and vulnerable. 

its just that it was a bolt out of the blue. i dont expect that on a non Christian site. and so it got me to thinking is this a landmark. OK thanks warrior. i certainly need the Holy Spirit as i am quite often fearful. .

i am going around to a christian friend in a short while. who i have known for a few years. to talk it through with. i have only just managed to contact her.

16 minutes ago, Willa said:

First I would be suspicious of a virus being in such a message.  Don't reply.  eliminate it.  

Second, all of us who have received Jesus as Savior Messiah,, and have surrendered to Him as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, we can relax about the wrath of God.  Many places in the Bible indicated that believers are not intended for the wrath.  

1Th 1:9 For they themselves declare concerning us what manner of entry we had to you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God,

1Th 1:10 and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

1Th 5:9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Col 3:6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience,

Rom 5:9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

this post was within a forum so i dont know ...can that happen then? this message wasn't through my email account. maybe i should PM the mods and check. they have even given me their phone number on a first post now that is very forward!

ah.. but just how well does a believer have to be, what if like me i struggle to make sense of stuff. i know i come across as being fairly literate but i do struggle with information and it does overwhelm me. i need the overview version of it  

and yes the verses all seem quite explanatory. but i have a knack of not really getting stuff which frustrates me as i see others take all this for granted and it is a given, a walk in the park that it makes sense. which then rears the embarrassment and confusion. and the heart connection is thwarted so i need a miracle oh and the Holy Spirit

and yet i do get things but not in the typical way. its only having random conversations with people that i realise that i have gotten it in a round about way. sigh doesn't make for growing in the LORD in a simple way. as i am quite often baffled. and i battle to keep on with it and then i get too discouraged and have to take a break

i have had to self teach myself because of this.

sorry for waffling

thanks for your reply

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I edited it to simplify it  that wrath is not for believers.  Wrath is for unbelievers who have hardened their hearts toward God and have not received Christ's salvation.