IGNORED

N. Korea to strike US bases in Asian Pacific & S. Korean presidential palace if US attacks

HisFirst

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Donald Trump reportedly considering strikes on North Korea’s nuclear sites

April 17, 20176:11am.

DONALD Trump is considering “utterly destroying” Kim Jong-un’s nuclear sites, according to one of the President’s closest military advisers.

A source told British diplomats that America could launch pre-emptive strikes and has the firepower to smash North Korea’s nuclear program.

President Trump wants to heap pressure on China by making it clear that the US will take military action against the secretive country.

Quoting a report in The Times the paper reported that senior sources said the American armed forces could “utterly destroy” North Korea’s key nuclear targets using conventional weapons.

The report came the same day as a failed ballistic missile test by the rogue state.

A former official in the Bush administration, who is privy to the Pentagon battle plans, said: “Trump is pushing the Chinese hard, but in his gut he ultimately feels he will have to take a strong step himself.

http://www.news.com.au/world/donald-trump-reportedly-considering-strikes-on-north-koreas-nuclear-sites/news-story/ab3d7639b41f35ab7dec43cfa1837412

Guest BacKaran

Thank you, I was thinking they were fakes and why did ask that money to make real ones when fakes will do? Kinda like Reagan and I want to say his star wars plan but that's not the name of it, he bluffed....

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

And the plot thickens :mellow:It was nice chatting with you last night.:)

Yes it was good wasn't it:emot-highfive:

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

5 hours ago, Running Gator said:

It is easy not to be worried when you are living the US and are safe from harm.  But I do worry about the US and ROK service members that are in harm's way....

The U.S. personnel in S. Korea are a "trip wire" that if crossed will engage the U.S. into a conflict whose cease-fire has never been replaced with a formal peace treaty.

When we had finished an annual tactical exercise in S. Korea in 2000 the North launched a missile towards Okinawa -- an island where Korean civilians would be evacuated should Pyongyang order its forces across the 38th parallel.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

The U.S. personnel in S. Korea are a "trip wire" that if crossed will engage the U.S. into a conflict whose cease-fire has never been replaced with a formal peace treaty.

When we had finished an annual tactical exercise in S. Korea in 2000 the North launched a missile towards Okinawa -- an island where Korean civilians would be evacuated should Pyongyang order its forces across the 38th parallel.

I am well aware of the situation there.  I was stationed on the Island of Okinawa in from 1997-2000 most of my time there spent as part of the Current Operations section of the 1st MAW G-3.  One of my jobs was the production of what are called TPFDD, or time phased deployment plans.  They are a "if this happens, this will be our response on day one, this on day two and so on.  

There was a time (about 15 months) where my name was on a list of people that when the balloon went up had 24 hours to be in the HTACC at Osan AFB, where I would have spent the remainder of the war.

11 hours ago, Running Gator said:

There was a time (about 15 months) where my name was on a list of people that when the balloon went up had 24 hours to be in the HTACC at Osan AFB, where I would have spent the remainder of the war.

I imagine you would need a Hardened Tactical Air Control Center ( HTACC ) for the most forward deployed air base to North Korea.

Is the control tower under ground? ;)

1 minute ago, OldSchool2 said:

I imagine you would need a Hardened Tactical Air Control Center ( HTACC ) for the most forward deployed air base to North Korea.

Is the control tower under ground? ;)

Nope, they do not expect the airfield at Osan to be operational after the initial attack. 

4 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Nope, they do not expect the airfield at Osan to be operational after the initial attack. 

Not surprising as Seoul can't be protected either.

Just now, OldSchool2 said:

Not surprising as Seoul can't be protected either.

There is only so much that can be done.  I have not been too Osan since the early 2000s, but then there were just about every precaution taken that could be.   The problem would be just the sheer number of rockets/missiles that were heading their way.   I am sure it has been upgraded since then, but it all comes down to sheer numbers with an initial NK attack.   They would run out of steam very quickly as they do not have the motorized equipment to support a large push in to SK.  

When I was in Osan in 1996 a NK MIG pilot defected and flew his plane over the DMZ and landed at Osan.  This was the elite of the elite, and he had strips of cloth wrapped around his feet as he did not have real socks under his flight boots.  Even his G-suit was not fully operational so he could not have done much maneuvering in an actual dog fight.    I do not imagine such things have gotten any better since most of their money is going into their Nuke and rocket programs

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

5 hours ago, Running Gator said:

There is only so much that can be done.  I have not been too Osan since the early 2000s, but then there were just about every precaution taken that could be.   The problem would be just the sheer number of rockets/missiles that were heading their way.   I am sure it has been upgraded since then, but it all comes down to sheer numbers with an initial NK attack.   They would run out of steam very quickly as they do not have the motorized equipment to support a large push in to SK.  

When I was in Osan in 1996 a NK MIG pilot defected and flew his plane over the DMZ and landed at Osan.  This was the elite of the elite, and he had strips of cloth wrapped around his feet as he did not have real socks under his flight boots.  Even his G-suit was not fully operational so he could not have done much maneuvering in an actual dog fight.    I do not imagine such things have gotten any better since most of their money is going into their Nuke and rocket programs

It's interesting to hear about the up close and personal side of N.K.  Those poor people don't even realize, I don't think, how bad their lives really are.  And how many will die if 'dear leader' decides he can win a war with the U.S.  And then there all of the S. Koreans and Americans who will die as well.  That whole situation over there worries me...a LOT.