IGNORED

Should I be scared of losing contact with God ?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi. I need some help.

I have OCD and I just need you guys to help me.

I saw too many horror movies in my life, movies in which persons got possessed, and died.

I went in my uncle's room and saw a scene from "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". The scene where the father performed an exorcism on her, and after that he went to the judge, being accused for possibly murder.

I'm very scared. After watching that movie I felt so bad, I thought this could happen to me too. I thought I will lose contact with God after thinking these things.

What should I do ? Should I be affraid ? I go to the Church every Sunday and I pray.

Edited by mat007

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Mat

Welcome to Worthy......I sent you some posting info,this type of question would be best to discuss further with you in a Discussion Forum where you can reply ....like the "Need Advice" Forum......theres lots of questions I would love to ask that would be helpful in answering your question(s)

Going to church every Sunday is great,its wonderful to actively participate in corporate prayer & worship but that does not mean you have any personal Relationship with God in Christ and I have no idea what "praying" is to you...I know there are people that recite the "Lords Prayer"as a vain repetition with no thought whatsoever.....just babbling "words".....so I can't comment there

Matthew 6:22-23

"The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. "But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

Certainly what we "take in" with our eyes is going to either take in good or bad,......we are not given a Spirit of FEAR ,fear is not of God.......you are not going to become "possessed" but sounds like you have become oppressed by fear.......you are not watching those things anymore I presume so start "filling" your eyes & your ears with the things of God......because of what you "were" watching is not going to have any effect on you if you simply stop dwelling on it and move forward into the Arms of Jesus Embrace.....focus on Him,Read the Book of John and ask Him to Reveal Himself to you,get to know Jesus,dwell on having a Relationship with Him.....theres a really big difference between knowing ABOUT Jesus & KNOWING Jesus......you can be FREE in Jesus,Free from any bondage,,,,,,don't let the grip of fear get a foothold.......

King James Version
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.     2 Timothy 1:7

Fear has no place in a mind filled with FAITH,LOVE,JOY.......read Gods Word,Faith comes by hearing the Word of God                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Many people have unwanted thoughts.  It is the enemy attacking our minds trying to scare us and manipulate us.  But he is a liar and the father of lies.  So direct your thought to God and His word, as Kwik said.

Play Christian music on a radio, if you can, or buy a CD of Christian music.  Praise music, Christmas carols, and hymns that turn your thoughts to Jesus really help.  Memorize verses, or even the book of John, if it is easy for you to memorize.  Romans 8 is a good passage as well, and the first chapter of Ephesians.,  Ask God to help you understand if you have any difficulty.  It is always good to pray that God would make these a real part of your life.  

God never leaves you once you have turned away from sin and turned to God for help and deliverance from it and forgiveness.  God loves you more than you can ever imagine.  And nothing can separate you from His love.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Mat007,

I have GREAT news for you!!! As long as you are worried about losing contact with God, that is evidence that the Holy Spirit is moving in you to pray and seek God. And the Word says God searches out those whose hearts are perfect (seeking and praying) toward Him.

You see, God knows you have OCD and He is willing to deal with you and actually heal you from that. But He is a gentleman and He will only take you as far as you want to go. But IN THE MEAN TIME, while you are still dealing with OCD, He wants you to know that He loves you and will never leave you nor forsake you. That means that it's probably not a good idea for you to watch horror movies any more. Philipians talks about thinking about things that are good and peaceful and praying on those things.

It is my personal belief the born again Christians cannot be demon possessed. They can be demon oppressed, but not possessed. One way to keep from being oppressed is to go to church, pray, read your Bible and keep away from toxic friends who would rather serve the devil than the Lord. And that even includes ungodly relatives.

But again, the good news is, YOU are OKAY!!!!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Welcome!

Can you describe your connection with God a bit more? Because many people go to church and pray. Doing so does not save. Only surrendering yourself to God's will and making the decision to love, obey, and trust Him fully saves.

What you put in is what you get out. If these movies cause a problem for you, do not view them any longer. Ask for forgiveness from all sin and do your best to sin no more in that regard. But if you are truly following God, we know that no one or thing can take us from His grasp!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124

23 hours ago, BK1110 said:

Welcome!

Can you describe your connection with God a bit more? Because many people go to church and pray. Doing so does not save. Only surrendering yourself to God's will and making the decision to love, obey, and trust Him fully saves.

What you put in is what you get out. If these movies cause a problem for you, do not view them any longer. Ask for forgiveness from all sin and do your best to sin no more in that regard. But if you are truly following God, we know that no one or thing can take us from His grasp!

Well, in the Easter period I just felt that I live only for God. That only he can do the best for me.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

If Jesus didn't die on the cross for us, then you should indeed be worried; however, Jesus did die on the cross and not only took punishment for our sins but gave us his righteousness.   I would suggest you rely on what was accomplished at the cross as your righteousness and use that to be confident in your standing with Jehovah.  Our actions and thoughts will fail.  I would think about how Jesus who knew no sin, took our sin on the cross and he was already punished for all of your sins including thoughts.  I would suggest that the purpose of this Grace is to allow you to be close to Jehovah even when you are not holy in your actions and thoughts.  

Edited by OneLight
*** Videos are to be embedded in threads within the video forum only. I removed the video from this post. If you feel this video is worth others to view, you may create a link thread in the proper video forum for review ***

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  136

Hey, mat0007.  I can relate to what you're saying.  When I committed myself to Jesus, the Holy Spirit started showing me how he wanted me to spend my leisure time.  I would be watching television and a scene would come on involving the occult or sometimes graphic sexuality or something else that was less than godly.  The Holy Spirit would prompt me to change the station or turn the movie off.  I started to realize that I had watched things and read books in the past that did not honour God at all.

So I agree with one of the previous posters -- the Holy Spirit is showing you some of the clutter from your past and is encouraging you not to partake of that junk any more. 

Also, as one of the previous posters suggested -- take all of it to the Lord.  Ask him to cleanse you of all that stuff and of the negative ways it has impacted you.  Ask him to protect you from that kind of influence and to lead you as to what you watch and read, etc.  Ask him how he wants you to spend your time.  He'll tell you -- and then follow his lead.

Glad to see you here, mat0007.  There are a lot of good people here who are willing to help you in your walk with Jesus.  God bless you!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

On 4/16/2017 at 11:02 AM, mat007 said:

Hi. I need some help.

I have OCD and I just need you guys to help me.

I saw too many horror movies in my life, movies in which persons got possessed, and died.

I went in my uncle's room and saw a scene from "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". The scene where the father performed an exorcism on her, and after that he went to the judge, being accused for possibly murder.

I'm very scared. After watching that movie I felt so bad, I thought this could happen to me too. I thought I will lose contact with God after thinking these things.

What should I do ? Should I be affraid ? I go to the Church every Sunday and I pray.

Not to worry, mat, you cannot lose contact with God.  You were born with it and it's a part of you always.  Welcome to Worthy, btw.