IGNORED

Should I be scared of losing contact with God ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, mat007 said:

I'VE FINALLY GOT IT!

Maybe OCD will make us scared and anxious, or feeling distanced from God.

But if the enemy tries to oppress a Christian and make him be scared, you just need to know that, it doesn't matter that you're scared, because you're God's, and nothing bad will happen to you, because our Lord, Jesus Christ loves you and will take care of you.

Even if you feel scared and with no hope, remember the fact that you're God's, and he won't allow anyone to put the hand on you.

Now trying to fight OCD and recover :)

Exactly! ?

Well we will be afflicted by bad situations, but God is there with us, and even through those situations, strengthen us in the process of getting through them.

Just know God is there and YOU keep  your connection with him.

Edited by notsolostsoul

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 4/16/2017 at 0:02 PM, mat007 said:

Hi. I need some help.

I have OCD and I just need you guys to help me.

I saw too many horror movies in my life, movies in which persons got possessed, and died.

I went in my uncle's room and saw a scene from "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". The scene where the father performed an exorcism on her, and after that he went to the judge, being accused for possibly murder.

I'm very scared. After watching that movie I felt so bad, I thought this could happen to me too. I thought I will lose contact with God after thinking these things.

What should I do ? Should I be affraid ? I go to the Church every Sunday and I pray.

I think we can let our fears overcome our awareness of God's presence in our life. There is really nothing to fear Mat. There is no place you can go where God is not. 

Don't watch those type movies. They're not good for you because they instill such dark images that your subconscious keeps inside itself as an emotional thing to trigger you. The subconscious can't differentiate between real and fiction. It just records things and your whole body's emotions react and log that away like a heavy stone on your light and airy spirit that should fly free in the peace of God. 

That kind of fiction portrays the power of the devil as having power over us in this life. That just makes the real devil happy that we're getting emotionally caught up in the what if's that Hollywood makes seem real on screen. The devil uses any means available to get to us. 

Trust in God. You'll never be alone and nothing can harm you. 

I'm new here too. God bless you and keep you safe. :emot-hug: :halo:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

So, I have that "voice" that is just in my imagination that says I should do a ritual, or, else, something bad will happen to me. Well, I failed doing that ritual and now I'm afraid of something bad that can happen to me. Nothing bad can happen to me, no? I can't get "possessed" or something because I failed a ritual, no?

Because I just think that if I will fail that ritual I can get possessed. I know it isn't true but I'm scared.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

13 minutes ago, mat007 said:

So, I have that "voice" that is just in my imagination that says I should do a ritual, or, else, something bad will happen to me. Well, I failed doing that ritual and now I'm afraid of something bad that can happen to me. Nothing bad can happen to me, no? I can't get "possessed" or something because I failed a ritual, no?

Because I just think that if I will fail that ritual I can get possessed. I know it isn't true but I'm scared.

Hi Mat007,

I read through your thread and I have one question.  Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your savior, asking him to forgive your sins and create in you a new creation?  I ask because you never mentioned you are saved and that you are going through spiritual warfare.

I had times when I thought that only Jesus is the salvation and I know that Jesus died for our sins to save us.

But I'm just very scared right now. I accept Jesus Christ in my heart and I will always accept Him in my heart.

I just am so scared right now. I need Jesus's help the most right now. I don't need anything else.

Well, if you have accept Christ as your Savior, you have been sealed with the Holy Spirit, so you cannot be possessed.  Oppressed is another issue.  Remember that fear is not of the Lord and if you are afraid, and have not been sinning, then you need to realize that you are in the middle of a spiritual warfare.  We don't chose when Satan is going to attack, we just need to recognize the attack and put on the whole armor of God.

Romans 10:13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Ephesians 1:13-14 "In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory."

Ephesians 6:10-18 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.  Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,  and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—"

Thanks! I'm now calm and I continue to ask for God's help.

God usually answer prayers by changing us to be like His Son Jesus.  We are in a process, forever changing, as we put off our old life in order to take up our new life in Him.  If you feel the urge to change in order to be more like Jesus, don't resist the change as this is the Holy Spirit creating a new man in you.

Read scripture to built up your faith, find someone who is a true follower of Christ and seek this persons advice and guidance, as the disciples did Jesus.  This person can be your accountability partner.  We grow stronger together.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Matthew 28:20

teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. amen.

If your truly in Christ he's with you always.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/16/2017 at 0:02 PM, mat007 said:

Hi. I need some help.

I have OCD and I just need you guys to help me.

I saw too many horror movies in my life, movies in which persons got possessed, and died.

I went in my uncle's room and saw a scene from "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". The scene where the father performed an exorcism on her, and after that he went to the judge, being accused for possibly murder.

I'm very scared. After watching that movie I felt so bad, I thought this could happen to me too. I thought I will lose contact with God after thinking these things.

What should I do ? Should I be affraid ? I go to the Church every Sunday and I pray.

No. You are created in the image and likeness of God. Every particle of your being is God the creator , source, first cause, of all things. Just open your heart and mind to his love and grace. Repent of your sins, be baptized in the name of Jesus and be saved from your sins. You're a new creation then and one that walks in the light of his eternal wisdom and peace. :emot-hug:  Blessings, I hope you return to read all the replies here from people who care about you.