How does God work?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am far from an unbeliever but I have many questions which I feel uncomfortable asking my fellow churchgoers or even our minister.  I feel with this forum I am brave enough to ask and please hope you understand my need.  I sometimes feel that God has forgotten me, I say that because I lost a child and I prayed to God to help me and my child but she passed.  I felt angry with Him and that when things go well we say He has answered our prayers but when things do not - where is He then?  At that time in my life I decided that God could not save my child as she was unwell, nature is cruel sometimes and she had health problems and the doctors could not sort them.   By the same token, if she had lived would that not have been due to the doctors skill and not God's invervention?  I have come to believe that God cannot save a sick person even though we pray to Him when we are in that situation and thank Him for answering our prayers if they become well, He is given credit for it.  Spiritually, he is there and I hope to feel that more strongly than I do at present.  I need to feel He is there for me.   I hope no-one is offended by my comments, I just need some kind, understanding people to advise me a little.  Thank you.

Guest BacKaran

I'm sorry for the loss of your child but heaven gained another soul! She's free of pain and from doctors trying to help her, and God is the ultimate healer, He healed your daughter, just not in the way you expected.

My hubby died on the golf course unexpectedly. But I witnessed to him as we were born again and I was thankful to God he dies with his best golf buddy on a glorious sunny day... He could have been driving and hurt others... People said I was handling his death well and I said it's all God. I can be selfish and wish he was still here with me but he's in heaven with God! Why would I want to take him from that?

Hubby was in perfect health but his heart was totally clogged like his father's. I would have lived this man thru wheelchairs and bed lifts if he was crippled for life yet God chose him that day. I don't know why but I can see it's been hard for me to live without him with my health issues, I don't know how of have done it if he lived but it doesn't matter, God knows all. 

Tell God your anger and like Job, you can ask why but Job never received an answer, did you know that? We have tiny finite minds and we cannot embrace all the glories is our infinite God. Please fellowship with your pastor let him know and ask for prayers to overcome the sadness. It was almost three years before I felt I could be half way back to normal although a new normal but I've relied on His every second of every day since.

Give Him your burden, share it with fellow brothers and sisters.

My hubby's mom is 95 and in great health..I love her and she relied on God as well.

It's hard going thru a life crisis but it's even harder without God. You have God, He blessed you with a wonderful daughter even though time was short. I'm praying for you and keep asking questions. I hope I was of some help on Resurrection Sonday.?

Edited by BacKaran

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi!

I just want to say I feel you hurt and I'm so sorry what you have gone through/going through.

I have lost my grandpa and mom from cancer and feel the pain.

The only hope and comfort I have is that, I know they are free from pain and is with Jesus in heaven. What I also came to understand, is that God wanted them back with him.

I feel the same for your child. God loves your child soo much that He wanted him/her with Him. Yes, it is tough not having that person with you. But stay strong and be at peace, knowing your child is with the Almighty Father. And be in great hope and anticipation the day we will meet them again and to praise God together.

I hope this helps. I'm here for ya! 

God bless! *hugs*

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I'm so sorry for your loss!

Maintaining faith during the silence of God is possibly the hardest thing to do. With our limited perspective, we see situations and can only think "how can God NOT do this or that?" God does not always answer prayer in the way we think it should be answered. We know His will is perfect and right, but we can't always see the ways in which things end up. We can't know how things will turn out in the future or who we will meet. Who knows? Maybe somewhere in the future, you will meet someone who is dealing with a similar loss and, because of your experience, you will be able to reach out to them and help them. It may come as small consolation, of course, but we know this life is so temporary compared to eternity.

May God bless you and strengthen you!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

18 hours ago, Juliebet said:

I am far from an unbeliever but I have many questions which I feel uncomfortable asking my fellow churchgoers or even our minister.  I feel with this forum I am brave enough to ask and please hope you understand my need.  I sometimes feel that God has forgotten me, I say that because I lost a child and I prayed to God to help me and my child but she passed.  I felt angry with Him and that when things go well we say He has answered our prayers but when things do not - where is He then?  At that time in my life I decided that God could not save my child as she was unwell, nature is cruel sometimes and she had health problems and the doctors could not sort them.   By the same token, if she had lived would that not have been due to the doctors skill and not God's invervention?  I have come to believe that God cannot save a sick person even though we pray to Him when we are in that situation and thank Him for answering our prayers if they become well, He is given credit for it.  Spiritually, he is there and I hope to feel that more strongly than I do at present.  I need to feel He is there for me.   I hope no-one is offended by my comments, I just need some kind, understanding people to advise me a little.  Thank you.

I would pray that Lord would strengthen you. Being a dad, I can only imagine what it would have been for you to go through this. I can keep talking about what Lord's love is and on and on. But you would never get the answer for "why". And in many cases, we never get the answer. That is the truth.

When me and my wife went through losses ourselves, Lord spoke to me through this song. I was simply crying! Not just the words. The circumstances in which it was written. I hope this song encourages you and will continue to pray that Lord will strengthen you

I will finish by saying this. Many times the only answer Lord gives us for the question why is - My grace is sufficient for you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Is_Well_with_My_Soul

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

The loss of a child is one of the hardest, I have heard.  Grief is very difficult, a black tunnel with no light at the end till we force ourselves to resolve it and move on.

Ecclesiastes says there is a time to live and a time to die.  I believe that God has given us this allotted time.  He is a merciful and loving God and knows that this was best for her.  

When my husband thought the hospital told him our 4 year old son did not survive a car crash, he found himself thanking God for the time we had him.  He had been born again only a few months earlier!   Maybe that is the way out of your black tunnel.  Start thanking God that he had gifted you with this beautiful child, if even for a short time.  Our children are only on loan to us to give a good and loving home and to bring them up to know Christ should they live even that long.  You did that for as long as you had her, so I am sure God will tell you, "well done".  

I am praying that God will give you grace to work your way through this time of grief and that He might fill your heart with thanksgiving for the time you had her.   

Blessings,

Willa

Guest BacKaran

My mom lost a baby at one month and I am excited to see him in heaven! I lost a kindergarten friend, smiling, I can still see her wearing her brownie outfit and missing front tooth! I can't wait to see her as well! Yes, it is well with my soul.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

On 4/16/2017 at 5:24 PM, DallasCaleb15 said:

Hi!

I just want to say I feel you hurt and I'm so sorry what you have gone through/going through.

I have lost my grandpa and mom from cancer and feel the pain.

The only hope and comfort I have is that, I know they are free from pain and is with Jesus in heaven. What I also came to understand, is that God wanted them back with him.

I feel the same for your child. God loves your child soo much that He wanted him/her with Him. Yes, it is tough not having that person with you. But stay strong and be at peace, knowing your child is with the Almighty Father. And be in great hope and anticipation the day we will meet them again and to praise God together.

I hope this helps. I'm here for ya! 

God bless! *hugs*

Hi DallasCaleb15, So glad that we can help others by sharing our own experiences. Thank you for doing that. Blessings :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

On 4/16/2017 at 5:38 PM, Juliebet said:

Hi Juliebet,

First, I moved your thread to the inner court so only Christians can reply, where you can have a discussion without being confused by the doubt of unbelievers.

You made the statement that you believe God cannot save a sick person.  This is not true.  God can, and does, heal.  I have lost some precious people in my life also, one being a Granddaughter who lived only a couple of hours after birth.   I did not allow doubt to creep into my mind as I so believe that God is more loving than we can ever realize.  He took her because He loved her more than we wanted her to stay with us.   God looks down through time and knows the beginning from the end, and all that is in between.  Through His love for her, she is now with Him and I will be able to sit down with her and get to know the precious child I really never knew.  As I held her when she was dying, all I could do is tell her the truth, that I would see her again some day.  I look forward to that day when I can go to her and say "Hi Violet, I am Alan, your Grandfather" and show her the love God has given me.

Our pain can give a foothold to our enemy if we are not careful.  Instead of thinking negative about why God did not heal your child, consider why He did not heal your child; that He wanted your child to be with Him right then and there.  It is far better for your child to be called home by God than it would of been if your child had to struggle through live.  Focus on Gods love.