MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Seriously?  Do these 'experts' really think they need to tell Christians this?  I don't think hardly anyone among believers thinks of politics as a 'savior'.  :rolleyes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-and-politics-wont-be-christianitys-savior-in-america-religion-experts-say/?ftag=CNM-00-10aac3a

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I do not know how any religious expert could say such a thing. I think their politics may be behind this .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

The problem is, until recently Christians have been, for the most part, silent politically. for the most part the church has accepted the lie that you can't be politically active and a christian, and the last few years we have seen an awakening of sorts, where Christians are finally starting to grow a spine and speak out.

I don't think we where we should be, to many Christians still, would rather sit on their armchairs and watch, but there's enough if an uprising that it's got the left worried that we might actually be able to hurt their agenda, and its scaring them, and they will do anything, to get us back to hiding behind our Wednesday small groups and remaining silent.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

I can see it in the sense that in some peoples thinking, Obama was equal to the Antichrist and now feel Trump(as representing Christianity) will 'save the day' - fix the mess, put everything 'back in order'.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

I think that Christians hitching their wagons to any political figure is a dangerous path to take.   When that figure stumbles, which they likely will as they are only human, they pull down those that are tied to them.   

Guest shiloh357
9 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Seriously?  Do these 'experts' really think they need to tell Christians this?  I don't think hardly anyone among believers thinks of politics as a 'savior'.  :rolleyes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-and-politics-wont-be-christianitys-savior-in-america-religion-experts-say/?ftag=CNM-00-10aac3a

The same people who are accusing Christian supporters of view Trump as some kind of "savior"  are the same people who didn't see a problem with Obama being treated as a messianic figure in 2009-10.

Christians view Trump as a stay of execution, not a savior.  But what they have done is create caricature of how Christians view Trump.  It is a way of bashing Trump supporters to claim that Trump view Trump as a savior.   The reality is that liberals are angry that their campaign against religious freedom is over, that they are not going to rule the nation as they had envisioned, and that Christians are simply happy that we now have a president that will protect religious freedom.

Christians voted for Trump despite his moral failings.   We always vote for politicians despite their moral failings.   But in THIS case, Trump is on the side of the people, not on the side of the political class and media establishment. And unlike most in the media and in Washington DC, Trump doesn't think that Christians are terrorists, and he doesn't think that the average American is an idiot who is too dumb to run his own life. 

The average American is beginning to wake up out their stupor and realize that our elected  officials loathe us.  They want our vote and then they prefer that we shut up and let them run the country.  They don't want our input, they don't want to hear from us except at the ballot box.   They see average Americans as nothing but a bunch of Homer Simpsons.

The election of Trump was an indicator that their gravy train is coming to an end.  They really hate it that Americans appear to be watching and paying attention to what is happening in Washington.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

This Christian did not and still has not found anything  within Donald Trump to champion, except that he is not Hiliary Clinton. For that reason I supported his campaign financially and voted for  him.

He is a very very dangerous person to have as President, but far less dangerous than any  "Progressive" communist.

Our hope is in the name of the Lord. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, and for the spiritual integrity and physical well being of the USA. May our children and grandchildren grow, and rise up to make better this land and it's people, under God's sovereign plan for their lives.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

The reality is that liberals are angry that their campaign against religious freedom is over, that they are not going to rule the nation as they had envisioned, and that Christians are simply happy that we now have a president that will protect religious freedom.

When I am told that this is how I think because I am a liberal. I can see why some people would feel that Christians are looking to politics as a 'savior' .  

And the other things that are said about liberals on this sit. How you can't be Christian and a liberal, and that Mr. Trump being  President was God answering the prayers of Christians. If no one believes me just spend some time reading some of the post on here. See for yourself what is being said about people like me who do no like Mr. Trump. 

Guest shiloh357
29 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

When I am told that this is how I think because I am a liberal. I can see why some people would feel that Christians are looking to politics as a 'savior' . 

In context, I was referring to the liberal media and political establishment.   But it is still caricature of what we believe because they cannot engage Christians on what our positions are.  So they have to manufacture a straw man caricature of our position in order to have something to knock down.   The charge that we see Trump as a savior is something the liberal establishment has manufactured and is a false claim.   If they had to engage us on what we really believe, they would lose the argument pretty quick.  And they know that.

And the other things that are said about liberals on this sit. How you can't be Christian and a liberal,

The liberal establishment value system today is pro-homosexual,pro-gay marriage, pro-LGBT, anti-Constitution, anti-religious freedom, pro-illegal aliens, pro-Islam, anti-US sovereignty.   If liberals had their way, Hillary would be in office and we would have lost our country. 

How does one promote a pro-homosexual, pro-gay marriage values platform and at the same time, maintain a coherent profession of faith?   Not saying that liberals are not Christians, but they cannot have a consistent testimony, either.

and that Mr. Trump being  President was God answering the prayers of Christians.

He is an answer to prayer.   But we were not praying for Trump to be a "savior."   We were praying for Trump to be president because he will bring us back from the brink of the abyss that the liberals wanted to take us into.  Trump is not a savior.  He is a stay of execution.  He is our last chance to right the ship before the liberal establisment takes us in the wrong direction and we end up losing our country.

If no one believes me just spend some time reading some of the post on here. See for yourself what is being said about people like me who do no like Mr. Trump. 

What about what has been said about Trump supporters and the way we have been mocked and treated like we are fools, incessantly?  And if we dare defend ourselves, out comes the liberal "victim" card.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94

41 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

What about what has been said about Trump supporters and the way we have been mocked and treated like we are fools, incessantly?  And if we dare defend ourselves, out comes the liberal "victim" card.

I find that hard to believe considering the Trump people are the majority on this site and anytime I dare to even hint at a mock, or even a joke at a Trump supporter here I am reported and ban. :o

Anyway. I was simply trying to inform as to why the writer of the article may feel the way they do about Christians and politics.  

Edited by LadyKay