• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

10 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I always wanted to know more about the Jewish calendar and their holidays and the meaning they to Jewish people. 

I know a lot about the ancient God's of the Romans, the Greeks, the Egyptians, and the Caanaties. The Norvegians, and the eastern religions .

I don't think so that it is a prohibition to learn about the Jewish calendar and their yearly Holidays . 

It is not only in the Jewish holidays that we can see the need and the promise for something else that it is needed. 

Must be a reason why the Romans and the Greeks received the Gospel. 

Have you ever considered how their beliefs may have prepared them to receive the Gospel. 

I am not against studying the Jewish holidays, I understand that you believe in the resurrection, and you are not studying or honoring them without JESUS CHRIST ,but with CHRIST. 

There is a lot to learn . 

But let's say if you were one of the evangelist at the beginning of the Gospel, and you visit my Town, and me as a Greek. 

Then what would you do? 

Are you going to teach the people about all those Jewish holidays, before you tell them about the Gospel? 

I don't think so. 

You would rather have learned something about their ancient Greek coulture, so you may use something in it as a step,   to be able to reach them, with the good news. 

So what you have learned it's something useful when you come across Jewish people, you can understand and relate to them a lot better than others. 

That's what is the most important. 

I learned a lot about the ancient peoples relegions, and I can see why they were glad to hear the Gospel, and why the Gospel floorish among them ,but not among the Jews. 

Do you know that the GrekoRomans they knew the truth about what is happening to people after they die, they knew a lot more about those things , than the Jews, and a lot of the disciples. 

Many of the Jews did not even believe in life after death. 

Do you think those people had the need of Jesus Christ,? 

Even to this day , they only hope for only earthly blessings. 

Still today, all of the Jews who still hope for the CHRIST , they only hope for earthly matters, and not for Heavenly. 

And they do no see the need for a Redeemer with a Heavenly inheritance. 

Hope that I have not Judge. 

Better learn about those celebrations than the other speculative and argumentative matters, which puff up, and waist time. 

John after he wrote the book of Revelation talk about their going through their tribulations. 

They thought that they will be glorified in this life, and Judge the people of Israel. 

So their need to find a replacement for Judas. 

But not after James was beheaded.  The beginning of their tribulations. 

The way the Jewish celebrations teach, so are the Christian holidays, they teach that Jesus is the CHRIST. 

I enjoyed reading your very gracious words and you make some good points to ponder.  Thanks for all of that.  Like a diamond, there are many perspectives to look at things. 

Just to be clear, my main purpose for this thread is to illuminate, not to judge.  About 10 years ago, someone challenged me about these matters, which led me to study, reflect, more study, pray, think, and then believe. I could have not changed my way of thinking, but I did. It was my call. That is how I see my role here. I'm like that brother who challenged me 10 years ago to look into these matters. 

But the choice is always yours, not mine. I judge no one on these matters and my feelings will not be hurt if you reject my thinking.  

By the way, maybe you should write a manual on how to reach jihad Muslims to Christ. :)

Lastly, I too am dying watching the Maple Leads lose all these gut wrenching games to the mighty Capitals. Too bad Kadri didn't finish what he started on Ovi. :)

cheers,

spock

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/20/2017 at 6:01 PM, Spock said:

I don't know Shiloh. 

People say, "Happy Easter" yes?  They might as well say Happy Ishtar. And of course all those pagan rituals that went with those pagan holidays - easter bunnies, eggs, fur trees for Christmas....

i would feel dirty Shiloh, which is why I got rid of celebrating those days and instead celebrate Passover (death), First Fruits (resurrection) and Sukkot (birth of YESHUA). 

It makes much more sense to celebrate important days on days God gave us, not pagans. 

Did you ever read: Nineteenth-century Scottish Protestant clergyman Alexander Hislop’s work The Two Babylons is still considered a definitive work on pagan customs that survive in today’s religious practices.

Yeah Spock. Gotta agree with you. Go with the days God gave.

1 hour ago, WailingWall said:

Yeah Spock. Gotta agree with you. Go with the days God gave.

Thanks.  I don't think many Christians understand the significance of the Leviticus 23 Feasts as appointed by God. I hope some acquire that book I cited earlier by Kevin Howard. It really opened my eyes to see those appointed Feasts POINT TO MESSIAH! It's not just a Jewish thing. Like I said, until 10 years ago, I too didn't have a clue either. 

Shabbat Shalom,

spock

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

6 minutes ago, Spock said:

Thanks.  I don't think many Christians understand the significance of the Leviticus 23 Feasts as appointed by God. I hope some acquire that book I cited earlier by Kevin Howard. It really opened my eyes to see those appointed Feasts POINT TO MESSIAH! It's not just a Jewish thing. Like I said, until 10 years ago, I too didn't have a clue either. 

Shabbat Shalom,

spock

The cross is what is really inportant. The person  of christ . If we want to really please God we need to follow the commandment to love one another as christ loved us. We don't need the old Feasts to point to christ. We have the Holy spirit. He shows us christ everyday.

16 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

The cross is what is really inportant. The person  of christ . If we want to really please God we need to follow the commandment to love one another as christ loved us. We don't need the old Feasts to point to christ. We have the Holy spirit. He shows us christ everyday.

Yes we do have the Holy Spirit, and I believe the Holy Spirit led me to better understand and appreciate the Feasts appointed by God. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

4 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

The cross is what is really inportant. The person  of christ . If we want to really please God we need to follow the commandment to love one another as christ loved us. We don't need the old Feasts to point to christ. We have the Holy spirit.

JOHN 14  [15] If ye love me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.[16] AND I WILL PRAY THE FATHER, AND HE SHALL GIVE YOU ANOTHER COMFORTER, that he may abide with you for ever;[17] Even THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.[21] HE THAT HATH MY COMMANDMENTS, AND KEEPETH THEM, HE IT IS THAT LOVETH ME: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I WILL LOVE HIM, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM.

How did you recieve the Holy Spirit? Were you observing to keep the 10?

1 minute ago, WailingWall said:

JOHN 14  [15] If ye love me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.[16] AND I WILL PRAY THE FATHER, AND HE SHALL GIVE YOU ANOTHER COMFORTER, that he may abide with you for ever;[17] Even THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.[21] HE THAT HATH MY COMMANDMENTS, AND KEEPETH THEM, HE IT IS THAT LOVETH ME: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I WILL LOVE HIM, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM.

How did you recieve the Holy Spirit? Were you observing to keep the 10?

I believe goodnews and repented. 

Also he was talking directly to the apostles.  They had not received the Holy Spirit yet. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Just some personal thoughts.

There are many different religious days / celebrations of many different non-Christian religions around the world.  And the dates can often vary from year to year because different calendars are often used compared to the 'western' calendar....  So if the date for Resurrection Sunday or Christmas is moved to a different date.... it is very possible that it could fall on the same day as a non-Christian religious day / celebration in Asia or elsewhere in the world.  Either on that same year or on a different year. 

So if the purpose of changing the date of Resurrection Sunday or Christmas.. is so that it doesn't fall on the same day as any non-Christian religious celebration..  that simply might not be possible.

Because no matter which day of the year one chooses.. there is the possibility that it could fall on the same day as a non-Christian religious day / celebration somewhere in the world....

So for example if one decides to go ahead and change the dates next year.... and if it happened to fall on the same day as say a hindu religious celebration etc....  does that mean that Christians in Asia and elsewhere around the world are *not* supposed to celebrate the Resurrection Sunday?  Simply because it happened to fall on the same day as a non-Christian religious celebration?  I am sorry but I don't understand that....?

Please understand that I am not saying it is wrong for churches to change the date of celebrating Resurrection Sunday / Christmas....  However if the purpose of changing the dates is because one does not want it to fall on the same date as any non-Christian religious celebration.. changing the dates might not serve such a purpose at all ..because it could simply fall on the same day as a different non-Christian religion's celebration.

So why would one need to change the date?

Edited by just_abc