• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

Not only is Japan our ally, the little woodchuck threatened the U.S. and he is displaying his steps towards carrying out that threat.

Neville Chamberlain gave Hitler time to further prepare for his version of global dominance. 

Should we sit back and wait for the woodchuck to make good on his threats?

Sweet, a Hitler reference!  Godwin's law is as steady as the law of gravity! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,517
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

13 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well, what if someone personally threatened you and your family, and were lighting off bottle rockets over your neighbor's house. With the direct intention of perfecting their bottle rockets to hit your house and your neighbors house South of you? You know the guy lighting them off is a tyrant, unstable and doesn't think rationally. Would you just sit back and hope he stops threatening you and lighting bottle rockets all over the place?

You knew him too? I had that neighbor for seven years! Poor guy was as violent and insane as they come.

He ran out of his house one fourth of July night, started ranting, ran over to a pile of discharged fireworks in the street across from his house, and bent his huge frame over them as he ranted on. He was a really imposingly tall  and very heavy man.

Well, my cousin, just at that time, had lit a bottle rocket on it's side in a coke bottle. That rocket shot out directly at "Crazy Dan" as he was bent over that pile with his legs spread wide. It  slithered and hopped along just above the asphalt like it was flying under the radar so to speak, at a fast pace that seemed to last for seconds as it kept zeroing in on Dan's big backside then it exploded directly under his huge fanny that was facing us. This near three hundred and fifty pound monster lifted off the ground, like he was a rocket, and hightailed it back into his house.

Never  ever saw him again. After all those years of his antics, rants  and threats issued on the street and throwing of rocks our way, he just wasn't seen again. Long after we moved away an  old neighbor said Dan had died a few years after we moved.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

23 hours ago, OneLight said:

Yes, NK is a place to watch....

But that's all we seem to do.

What we should do is stop feeding the N. Korean regime as it only enables it's inhumane agenda.

18 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Do you believe the God that you serve is a supernatural being and can do all things.  Did he not sent a raven to keep his servant alive, did he not part the red sea, did he not stop the flow of he river so his people can cross .   You are thinking in man's terms and abilities.  The all powerful, almighty and all knowing God can do all things.   Reminder, Job was his servant and God allowed the terrible ordeal in his life for his purpose.   Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so is his ways higher than ours.   Oh, and God did held back the sun a full day. 

And He kept his chosen people in captivity, and some of that  under  harsh oppression for what, - some four hundred+ years?  

His ways are not our ways. God is awesome and to be feared as well as revered, praised, and obeyed. He has, and will again deliver His people, but the "birthing" can and might well continue to be a hard experience. It ain't all happy talk, got to do the walk along a narrow pathway too. He is faithful to His promise.

"What if this is as good as it gets?"- a Jack Nicholson line

Answer; Even if it is,  we hold on confident in the LORD.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

5 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

But that's all we seem to do.

What we should do is stop feeding the N. Korean regime as it only enables it's inhumane agenda.

I was not aware that we fed NK at all, unless you mean feeding it by helping to keep on the front page?

We always watch to find out if there is a reason to take action.  Perhaps target practice on their test missiles if they get too close to an allies country?  I sure hope you don't mean going in-country just because of his threats?

14 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The Bible tells me that all genuine believers in Jesus Christ will not go into the seven year tribulation. The tribulation is not meant for believers God's wrath is only for unbelievers. So no. I am a believer I will not be around for the seven year tribulation.

Hi, I tend to go with pre-tribulation rapture(s) of the saints too, BUT where does your Bible tell you this is so?

For me it is more a speculation based upon the many interpretations "taught" by various scholars. I have to acknowledge there are at least four, if not five, most popular assumptions reached  by  so called scholars over the long period of time since the wrtten scriptures have been available to us.

Based upon the various scholarly theories, there is no way I can jump upon just one and declare that is the absolutely right one, that is it, my Bible tells me so! That is why I ask; Where is this declaration in your Bible? So far I have missed it in mine.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  7,436
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

Maybe this? I went to a resource I know so as to give a more detailed response.

6. Will The Church Go Through The Tribulation?

Specific Promises

In John 14:1-3, in connection with the promise of Christ, “I will come again,” the purpose of His coming is revealed to be to take believers to “my Father’s house,” by which term He describes heaven. After He meets the church in the air, He will take them to the place prepared. In contrast, at His coming to establish the millennial kingdom, all believers remain in the earthly scene. In 1 Thessalonians 5:4-10, believers are assured that they are children of light, not children of darkness. They are comforted with the promise that the day of wrath will not overtake them as a thief, as it will the world. They are promised, “For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Thess. 5:9). In 1 Thessalonians 1:10 our hope is stated: “To wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.” If believers are delivered “from the wrath to come,” why inflict upon them a day of wrath designed for the ungodly? Are not believers assured: “Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him” (Rom. 5:9)? In Revelation 3:10 the godly church at Philadelphia is promised: “Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.” In a word, they are promised that they will be kept “from” the period of tribulation ahead. That is different from being kept “through” this time.

This promise was true for the historic church at Philadelphia because they had the hope of the Lord’s return before the tribulation. If this church prefigures the true church as a whole, as many believe, it points to a further conclusion that all true believers in this age will have the same hope. This seems to follow a pattern found even in the Old Testament. Noah was saved from the flood. He was borne safely above it. Lot was led out of Sodom before its destruction. Rahab was saved before Jericho fell. Enoch was translated before the flood. While analogies are not conclusive, the translation of the church before the tribulation would be in keeping with these precedents.

May I add a little something to the above and numerous Bible verses that imply the church (Christians) are not appointed to the wrath of God? 

Jewish tradition. I don't recall anywhere in scripture where the bridegroom beat up and abused his bride before the marriage and feast. IMHO, the Rapture is a picture of the traditional Jewish wedding ceremony.  Everything from the bridegroom leaving to prepare a place for his bride, to suddenly appearing without warning to collect his bride, and expecting her to be watching and ready. In other words, the Rapture is a picture or type of a Jewish wedding or vice versa. 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  7,436
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

One theory that the post tribbers hold is that those who are in Christ are not under the condemnation and will not experience the wrath of God Romans 8:1. There are a few judgements during the tribulation that will only target the unsaved but many other judgments such as earthquakes,falling stars and famines will affect everyone. So if believers go through the tribulation they will experience the wrath of God. The Bible tells us that the genuine believers will not experience the wrath of God that will be experienced on this earth during the seven year tribulation Revelation 3:10.

The word Church is absent starting in Revelation 4. Why? Because the Church and the born again believers have been raptured to heaven they are not on the earth. 

Time will tell. A differing of opinion on the timing of the rapture of the Church should not divide believers. It is not a salvation issue.

Hi Missmuffet! I'll add that Enoch was a 'type' of the Rapture. He was Raptured (caught up) right before the judgment of God. The Apostle John was a 'type' being caught up in Revelation. We could get into Lot and his family and many others being rescued and removed from God's judgment. I don't believe these are incidental coincidences, but examples of God's love, and God's children are not appointed to wrath and judgment.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hi Missmuffet! I'll add that Enoch was a 'type' of the Rapture. He was Raptured (caught up) right before the judgment of God. The Apostle John was a 'type' being caught up in Revelation. We could get into Lot and his family and many others being rescued and removed from God's judgment. I don't believe these are incidental coincidences, but examples of God's love, and God's children are not appointed to wrath and judgment.

Can i just point out too the episode of Shadrach, meshach and abednego who was place in the scorching fire and was not harmed one bit.   With God all things are possible.   Note.  I am not disputing or debating the rapture and the Biblical views saints has on  the differences.   Just pointing out, that believers can be in the midst of terrible ordeals and not be harmed one bit if it is in God will.   People think of earthly disasters and the visible destruction of infrastructure and human lives.  God's children can be in the midst of disaster and not be harmed one iota, as he has that power  and might.  It is for those who believe.    

By  the way Dennis1209, i like your comments and views in general  as a poster.  Not that everything i agree with, but your thought patterns are insightful.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

May I add a little something to the above and numerous Bible verses that imply the church (Christians) are not appointed to the wrath of God? 

Jewish tradition. I don't recall anywhere in scripture where the bridegroom beat up and abused his bride before the marriage and feast. IMHO, the Rapture is a picture of the traditional Jewish wedding ceremony.  Everything from the bridegroom leaving to prepare a place for his bride, to suddenly appearing without warning to collect his bride, and expecting her to be watching and ready. In other words, the Rapture is a picture or type of a Jewish wedding or vice versa. 

Great analogy. Isn't the church in Christ referred to as the bride of Christ?