• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/29/2021 at 1:25 PM, David1701 said:

Resurrection is a vital part of the gospel; but that does not include dead threads...

Yet the sentiment was accurate.

The True Gospel is not being preached.

There are a lot of old threads here.

New members only have the option of starting new threads or commenting on older ones.

Do you believe the Truth of God's Word is being widely preached publicly today?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.62
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, S33k3r said:

Yet the sentiment was accurate.

The True Gospel is not being preached.

There are a lot of old threads here.

New members only have the option of starting new threads or commenting on older ones.

Do you believe the Truth of God's Word is being widely preached publicly today?

That probably varies, from country to country, and region to region.  Speaking for where I live, the answer would be, "Not very much.".

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

On 4/18/2017 at 1:36 AM, JohnD said:

Galatians 1:8–9 (NASB95)
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!
9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

What IS the Gospel?

And which Gospel does your Church teach?

And are you certain it is the correct Gospel?

How can you be certain?

I think the New Testament is full of the New Covenant rules laws and Commandments. Also I think many are stuck between old covenant and New Covenant.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,269
  • Content Per Day:  12.64
  • Days Won:  31

12 hours ago, coheir said:

I think the New Testament is full of the New Covenant rules laws and Commandments. Also I think many are stuck between old covenant and New Covenant.

Hi @coheir Interesting that in Hebrews 7.12 it says that the law was changed. In Hebrews 7.19, what we now have is better than the law.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

52 minutes ago, farouk said:

Hi @coheir Interesting that in Hebrews 7.12 it says that the law was changed. In Hebrews 7.19, what we now have is better than the law.

So many people I meet are stuck on the Ten Commandments. They were given to Israel and at that time if one was not an Israelite they were without God. I believe when God said keep my Commandments He was speaking to Israel Not to everyone else in the world that was without God. The Ten Commandments are an excellent set of rules to follow. The Ten Commandments were are and will be part of the Old Law anyone following the New Covenant is not under the Law or the Ten Commandments.

If one feels led to follow them that is fine if one feels they are required then imo they do not know the New Covenant. Galation and Ephesians both state New Covenant believers are not required  to follow the Ten or any other part of the Law. James says one must follow all 613 laws not just some of the law.  that  is my belief, I do not require anyone to live by my beliefs .

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,269
  • Content Per Day:  12.64
  • Days Won:  31

Just now, coheir said:

So many people I meet are stuck on the Ten Commandments. They were given to Israel and at that time if one was not an Israelite they were without God. I believe when God said keep my Commandments He was speaking to Israel Not to everyone else in the world that was without God. The Ten Commandments are an excellent set of rules to follow. The Ten Commandments were are and will be part of the Old Law anyone following the New Covenant is not under the Law or the Ten Commandments.

If one feels led to follow them that is fine if one feels they are required then imo they do not know the New Covenant. Galation and Ephesians both state New Covenant believers are not required  to follow the Ten or any other part of the Law. James says one must follow all 613 laws not just some of the law.  that  is my belief, I do not require anyone to live by my beliefs .

Paul speaks of 'the obedience of faith' and 'obedience to the faith' in Romans; but this is not about being supposedly under the law, as I see it.