• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

7 hours ago, Kevinb said:

So Muslims or those of any other religion or no religion ...or tribes in say Africa who know nothing of Christianity and jesus. These people would all go to hell for eternity even if they've lead caring and morale lives through no fault of their own. And a mass murderer could be "saved" at the end of his life if he accepts God and jesus and go to heaven?

Yes. God's standards are clear and fair; perfection. Since none of us are perfect, none can be saved without Jesus. What seems "caring and moral" to we sinners does not meet God's standards. If they could be saved simply by doing more good than bad or whatever other standard, then Jesus suffered and died in vain.

And as for the mass murderer, if he or she truly repented (I.E. not just reciting some lines, but experienced and real, true change of heart and mind), then yes. They are sinners, just as we are sinners. It is our sinful pride that lets us, that wants us, to tell ourselves "we're better than them, we would never do this or that."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Thanks for responses and apologies for my late reply. 

I hear what you're saying...is this fully addressing all of it though. Doesn't it mention more specific about buying slaves...passing them onto your children. You can beat them as long as they don't die within a couple of days..this doesn't seem something that someone would volunteer into and sounds quite like more modern slavery.

Also women can be stoned if they don't scream loud enough while being raped. On your wedding night if she's not a virgin take her to her father's house and stone her to death. Stone your kids to death in deuteromony. Breaking the sabbath..homosexuality.. worshipping other gods..blasphemy and more seem have been punished by stoning to death. 

I'm sure that the world was very different then i've only been aware of this last month or so...I was shocked. 

I'd be interested too on responses to the following if I could pose....

So Muslims or those of any other religion or no religion ...or tribes in say Africa who know nothing of Christianity and jesus. These people would all go to hell for eternity even if they've lead caring and morale lives through no fault of their own. And a mass murderer could be "saved" at the end of his life if he accepts God and jesus and go to heaven? 

Thanks for your replies in advance. I've never had anyone to ask this to.

In regards to this and how it pertains to biblical teaching I think you will help yourself and those of us reading  with our learning if you refer to where in the bible you have read some of the things you are writing about.

Otherwise it will be something like "well so and so said...." It's easy to repeat something we have heard, believing it to be factual only to look it up and find out it is actually far from true.

This happens a lot when people talk about the bible. I'm not suggesting you are doing that, but it would be a lot easier for me if you were to refer to where you got your information. Doing that helps us all understand how we come to our conclusions and whether they are informed or not.

Blessings,

mike2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

20 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Thanks for responses and apologies for my late reply. 

I hear what you're saying...is this fully addressing all of it though. Doesn't it mention more specific about buying slaves...passing them onto your children. You can beat them as long as they don't die within a couple of days..this doesn't seem something that someone would volunteer into and sounds quite like more modern slavery.

Also women can be stoned if they don't scream loud enough while being raped. On your wedding night if she's not a virgin take her to her father's house and stone her to death. Stone your kids to death in deuteromony. Breaking the sabbath..homosexuality.. worshipping other gods..blasphemy and more seem have been punished by stoning to death. 

I'm sure that the world was very different then i've only been aware of this last month or so...I was shocked. 

I'd be interested too on responses to the following if I could pose....

Thanks for your replies in advance. I've never had anyone to ask this to.

You pose an interesting and popular question.

The bible tells us how we can be guaranteed salvation

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone believing into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 

And

Rom 10:8  But what does it say? "The message is near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart." This is the message about faith that we are proclaiming: 
Rom 10:9  If you declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 

But that doesn't explain the person on the desert isle or in the middle of the jungle that has never heard the name of Jesus.

The bible also tells us

Php 2:10  that at the name of Jesus "every knee should bow," of heavenly ones, and earthly ones, and ones under the earth, 
Php 2:11  and "every tongue should confess" that Jesus Christ is "Lord," to the glory of God the Father.

I have heard it discussed that no one knows when that opportunity can come, only now ....or even later, but God knows the heart of all when it does happen.

Guest BacKaran

Take a great Bible study class and learn hermanuetics and about expositorally preaching. That clears up alot of errors and misconceptions.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 4/18/2017 at 8:26 AM, Kevinb said:

Please help.  I see the good in the bible in terms of moral teachings.

What you believe is what you follow... you see, but do you follow?