23 posts in this topic

Hello, my name is Alix Carriedo. I'm 19 years old.

I have a prayer request. I'm trying to fully surrender myself to the Lord, but I find that my flesh is fighting it with every last ounce in me. I want to live a powerful Holy Spirit lifestyle, where I can boldly listen to what God says and do it in faith. Like telling people Jesus loves them and healing and sharing the gospel. Kinda like Todd White and Dan Mohler. But it's very hard. Prayer and advice would be appreciated.

Welcome Alix :)

Hi and Welcome. :th_wave:

(praying...)

1 hour ago, Alix Carriedo said:

Hello, my name is Alix Carriedo. I'm 19 years old.

I have a prayer request. I'm trying to fully surrender myself to the Lord, but I find that my flesh is fighting it with every last ounce in me. I want to live a powerful Holy Spirit lifestyle, where I can boldly listen to what God says and do it in faith. Like telling people Jesus loves them and healing and sharing the gospel. Kinda like Todd White and Dan Mohler. But it's very hard. Prayer and advice would be appreciated.

Welcome To Worthy Alix Carriedo!!

Praying for you!

welcome

Hello Alix... welcome to Worthy Christian Forums.  I will pray for you! 

Hi Alix and a BIG WELCOME to Worthy. Your desire is like most here on the forum, To serve Our Lord. After you post a few times, you will be enabled to post your own questions, just not on the welcome thread. I look forward to your fellowship. (From your statement above, you still have that first love)

Mat_7:7  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.....................................

Corrie tenBoom said something to the effect that surrender is not some heroic act but a simple sinking into God's will.  You will not be like other people or be great.  You will be a servant like Jesus Who humbled himself.  So just start by compassionately meeting the needs of those around you when you see them.  The kinds of needs that you see will be a part of your ministry, even it be offering a cold bottle of water to someone on a hot day.

Welcome to Worthy.

Willa

Hello, Alix Carriedo Praying now and

7CIw.gif