25 posts in this topic

On 4/18/2017 at 1:42 PM, Alix Carriedo said:

Hello, my name is Alix Carriedo. I'm 19 years old.

I have a prayer request. I'm trying to fully surrender myself to the Lord, but I find that my flesh is fighting it with every last ounce in me. I want to live a powerful Holy Spirit lifestyle, where I can boldly listen to what God says and do it in faith. Like telling people Jesus loves them and healing and sharing the gospel. Kinda like Todd White and Dan Mohler. But it's very hard. Prayer and advice would be appreciated.

Welcome! :D

Jesus set us free from sin and the Holy Spirit will teach you.

Welcome to Wo9rthy, Alix.  I will pray for you to overcome your obstacles and become one with the Lord.  May He bless and keep you.

I posted a great video by Heidi Baker on our Facebook page the other day.  When she gets up in the morning and starts her day she gets down on her knees and she lays her life down and she pours herself out in the Lord's Presence asking God to let His love shine through her and daily she says "I die and you, God live." It's a daily struggle for all of us.  https://www.facebook.com/MissionDiscipleship/  I have lots of other suggestions.  #1 make sure you're in the Word first thing to start your day. Spend time in God's Presence just surrending to Him.  If there are areas that you fall in repeatedly ask the Lord for Scriptures to fight with regarding those areas.   Also, put on the Armor of God when you start your day too! You can read about how to do that here  http://missiondiscipleship.org/discipleship-resources/.  There are lots of other resources on that page to help you Alix.  God already sees you victorious.  He loves you so much and knows that in His strength you can do all things!

Welcome to this group. Trust it will be an encouragement. Blessings.

Hi Alex, 

I will hold you in prayer by name of Alix Carriedo. Praying that God embrace and guide you to surrender to his love and will. It takes time to trust and walk free you know. It isn't like pushing a button and it happens. Just as when you were a little baby learning how to walk. You didn't just stand and step forward. You took your time, wobbled a bit, fell down, tried again. And with help of your parent to guide you up and forward. The same happens when letting go and walking with the Lord. 

Welcome to this community. I hope you find peace here.