• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

He is the father of lies, so why do we dwell on the negativity he tries to force feed us?  He throws us tricks and shadows, and it is written that the time of tribulation he instigates will be cut short, else he deceive even the elect.   We are not supposed to underestimate our enemy, but many times we give him far too much credit and think him more powerful than he actually is.  

God is on the throne and in control, and by His grace we are overcomers.  

What are some ways that you have learned to defeat the lie in your life?  Let's share and encourage each other, not concentrating so much on the enemy's attacks but on God's goodness, greatness and protection.  God bless :)

Guest BacKaran

Amen! What a great post! I am doing alot of biblical reading and I begin each day with praises and I end each with praises to God. 

It didn't matter how evil this world gets, we know how it ends and Gods in control the whole time, how awesome is that? 

I'm reading Consise Theology, a small book packed with info. I'm slowly reading it to take all it has to offer in slowly to retain it.

Our tiny finite minds can't begin to conceive what glories God has yet to show us in heaven!

Remind yourself daily, our God is omniscient, omnipresent and is the great I AM. 

Open your Bible and meet God!

IMG_20170418_175521.jpg

IMG_20170418_175531.jpg

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

caceddb5d221f55de181ea1f14b0d3b4.jpg

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Hi Zion!

I spend most of my day combating the lies by staying busy in ministry work on the street.  Every time I am able to show someone else his lies it is a little insurance policy against them for me.

Thanks guys for your replies, very encouraging.  No matter whether it's to pull down your self-esteem, your esteem of others, or your perception of a situation, we must overcome the lie with the truth, and the enemy with the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony (which is in fact the truth)  Sometimes, like gdemoss, you are battling others' deception to reveal to them the truth of Christ and the present state of this world.  We have been lied to about history, we have been lied to about current politics, we have been lied to about the food we consume, about the medicine we take, about sexuality, about our very existence.  The father of lies is hard at work, but a city on a hill cannot be hidden, our light must shine!  We must lift up Jesus, the Light of the world, that He would draw all men unto Himself.

I have been told all my life that I am not good enough.  Good enough for what? Or for whom?  God loved us all so much that He gave His only Son for us.  We don't deserve it, but to Him we are worth it.  I'd rather take God's Word for it, and no one else's.  

Keep proclaiming victory in the truth!  We are overcomers in Christ!!!

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

caceddb5d221f55de181ea1f14b0d3b4.jpg

Amen and amen!!!

11 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Amen! What a great post! I am doing alot of biblical reading and I begin each day with praises and I end each with praises to God. 

It didn't matter how evil this world gets, we know how it ends and Gods in control the whole time, how awesome is that? 

I'm reading Consise Theology, a small book packed with info. I'm slowly reading it to take all it has to offer in slowly to retain it.

Our tiny finite minds can't begin to conceive what glories God has yet to show us in heaven!

Remind yourself daily, our God is omniscient, omnipresent and is the great I AM. 

Open your Bible and meet God!

IMG_20170418_175521.jpg

IMG_20170418_175531.jpg

Looks good :thumbsup:

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, *Zion* said:

Thanks guys for your replies, very encouraging.  No matter whether it's to pull down your self-esteem, your esteem of others, or your perception of a situation, we must overcome the lie with the truth, and the enemy with the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony (which is in fact the truth)  Sometimes, like gdemoss, you are battling others' deception to reveal to them the truth of Christ and the present state of this world.  We have been lied to about history, we have been lied to about current politics, we have been lied to about the food we consume, about the medicine we take, about sexuality, about our very existence.  The father of lies is hard at work, but a city on a hill cannot be hidden, our light must shine!  We must lift up Jesus, the Light of the world, that He would draw all men unto Himself.

I have been told all my life that I am not good enough.  Good enough for what? Or for whom?  God loved us all so much that He gave His only Son for us.  We don't deserve it, but to Him we are worth it.  I'd rather take God's Word for it, and no one else's.  

Keep proclaiming victory in the truth!  We are overcomers in Christ!!!

Amen!!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I agree. Thank you BacKaran for sharing that book title. It looks very interesting.

Yes, the Devil is a liar. The father of lies as we're told. Every lie he conceived and especially against the brethren, the saints of holy God, is his delight. Thank God we know his fate as does he. Maybe that's why he's so busy on earth. Because he knows his time is running out.

1 hour ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

I agree. Thank you BacKaran for sharing that book title. It looks very interesting.

Yes, the Devil is a liar. The father of lies as we're told. Every lie he conceived and especially against the brethren, the saints of holy God, is his delight. Thank God we know his fate as does he. Maybe that's why he's so busy on earth. Because he knows his time is running out.

Absolutely.