• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

That's good.

But that wasn't the case when there was a manhunt over many states as law enforcement sought a man who bragged he'd murdered many others before his latest victim. If he'd live stream that on FB he could be considered capable of a repeat.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

That's good.

But that wasn't the case when there was a manhunt over many states as law enforcement sought a man who bragged he'd murdered many others before his latest victim. If he'd live stream that on FB he could be considered capable of a repeat.

I have no reason to be afraid, first, I serve an almighty God, second, its a rare day when I don't have my trust SIG within arms reach. third, statistically, even if I lived in the same state and city the cops did finally catch up to him, the chances of me running into him are slim, to none. 

I think all Christians here give testimony to their serving an all mighty God.

Further, the remark about fear wasn't meant to be personal. It was meant to reflect the atmosphere of persons in the area wherein the manhunt was undertaken for this supposed braggart of multiple murders.

But thank you for your testimony.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

What we must fear is complacency in the face of a government that, seemingly has done little to take care of the overwhelming number of people who suffer from mental illness in this country.  These politicians always seem to default to the easy target of gun ownership, when it is not the guns people own, but those who wield them in a destructive manner that is the issue here.

We need to bring back sanitariums and push the pharmaceutical companies to lower their prices on the domestic market.  People talk about terrorism all day long, when we have ticking time bombs walking the streets in our cites that can easily snap.

I recall living in Ohio when it made the news that certain mental hospitals across the area had opened their doors and let their patients in custody free in the streets. They did so because their funding had dried up.

A woman in Akron at an intersection clearly out of her head was standing in traffic under a street light cussing the colors as the light changed.

Traffic turned to chaos as people tried to navigate around her and for quite some time before police arrived.

Now, in place of sanitariums and hospitals with wings designated for mental health care, our new sanitariums often enough turn out to be prisons. The suffering who commit a crime out of their head unaware of reality are bused to hell on earth when released into general population  so as to try and survive in that mental state among murderers and rapist.

There are even states that have laws that say if someone is a habitual offender or has potential for that, after they serve their sentence they can be recommitted to the psychiatric wing of a prison and detained for what could be an indefinite period.

There's an old saying. You can tell the character of a country by how well it treats its animals. I'd go further and add, elderly and mentally ill to that observation.

America fails often times on all three counts. Sadly, it seems the mentally ill suffer such abuse because being they're thought mentally incompetent to be considered functioning human beings, who's going to believe them when they say we're failing them? Or abusing them? Not until they abuse us when released into free society does anyone believe there's a problem all around.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

A McDonald's employee should be $50 thousand dollars richer for the reward that was offered on this killer. Steve Stephens had a hankering for chicken Mcnuggets and that's what ended it all. I admire the composure of the employee asking him to pull forward because it would take a moment for the chicken to be ready. Then they called the cops. Very brave.

At least people don't have to worry about his going crazy and killing someone else on live stream. His last victim was himself.

Rest the soul of Mr.Godwin. :th_praying:

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Danger Noodle said:

A McDonald's employee should be $50 thousand dollars richer for the reward that was offered on this killer. Steve Stephens had a hankering for chicken Mcnuggets and that's what ended it all. I admire the composure of the employee asking him to pull forward because it would take a moment for the chicken to be ready. Then they called the cops. Very brave.

At least people don't have to worry about his going crazy and killing someone else on live stream. His last victim was himself.

Rest the soul of Mr.Godwin. :th_praying:

I hope they do give the McDonalds guy the reward, well done by him.  

I feel the need to point out that the report of it being live streamed was false, it was a video he recorded and then uploaded later.

You are pointing to a different murder broadcast on Facebook. The one involving Steve Stephens was streamed live.

Mark Zuckerberg Addresses Facebook Live Killer Tragedy: ‘We Have a Lot of Work’ to Do

And since then we can see that wicked evil people are still following this example if one looks on the right side of the Yahoo news article linked to the latest Facebook live stream.
God have mercy. What the heck is wrong with people?