IGNORED

Does the Body of Christ rule on earth in the millennium?

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,188
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Uh, the throne in his earthly temple where he will be during the Millennium (Ezek 40-48)?   You brought up no opposition to that, in fact, you appear to have agreed with what I stated.  So...

Now you said previously, & I agree -

When the Bible refers to God sitting on a throne or Jesus on a throne, those are anthropomorphisms.  Jesus cannot be seated at the right hand of the Father, because God the Father is an omnipresent Spirit and as such, has no "right hand."  God "seated" on a throne is simply a reference to His authorityIt is not referring to an actual throne like we see in pictures.

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Now you said previously, & I agree -

When the Bible refers to God sitting on a throne or Jesus on a throne, those are anthropomorphisms.  Jesus cannot be seated at the right hand of the Father, because God the Father is an omnipresent Spirit and as such, has no "right hand."  God "seated" on a throne is simply a reference to His authorityIt is not referring to an actual throne like we see in pictures.

Right, but if you look at everything I said, that's talking about up in Heaven.   God the Father doesn't sit on a an actual throne like we think of a King sitting on.  It is figure of speech simply denoting authority.

That is not the case with David's throne.  David's Throne is an earthly and literal reign of Jesus and there is a physical throne Jesus will sit upon during that millennial reign.  David's Throne is always an earthly throne in Scripture.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Right, but if you look at everything I said, that's talking about up in Heaven.   God the Father doesn't sit on a an actual throne like we think of a King sitting on.  It is figure of speech simply denoting authority.

That is not the case with David's throne.  David's Throne is an earthly and literal reign of Jesus and there is a physical throne Jesus will sit upon during that millennial reign.  David's Throne is always an earthly throne in Scripture.

Now you say that `there is a physical throne the Jesus will sit upon during the millennium,` so what authority has that throne?

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

Now you say that `there is a physical throne the Jesus will sit upon during the millennium,` so what authority has that throne?

Jesus will reign on earth from that throne as the King of Israel and the world, as well as Israel's Messiah and rightful heir of the throne. 

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus will reign on earth from that throne as the King of Israel and the world, as well as Israel's Messiah and rightful heir of the throne. 

You said - `there is a physical throne Jesus will sit upon during that millennial reign.`

So are you telling me, Shiloh, that that physical throne, that physical piece of furniture has survived over 2,500 years? And how has that piece of furniture, the physical throne as you said, how does it have power & authority?

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

You said - `there is a physical throne Jesus will sit upon during that millennial reign.`

So are you telling me, Shiloh, that that physical throne, that physical piece of furniture has survived over 2,500 years? And how has that piece of furniture, the physical throne as you said, how does it have power & authority?

No, I am not saying that the very throne David sat upon is the throne Jesus will sit upon.   Read what I wrote above.   I said that David's throne is an earthly literal reign of Jesus.  Jesus will have a physical throne in the Temple (Ezek. 43:7).

Again, this is not about a piece of furniture, ultimately.  The throne represents Jesus' power and authority on earth as King. 

Just out of curiosity, do you hold to a post-tribulation view?   I don't want this to go off into a rapture discussion, I am just trying to get fix on your eschatological views so I understand where you are coming from.

15 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, I am not saying that the very throne David sat upon is the throne Jesus will sit upon.   Read what I wrote above.   I said that David's throne is an earthly literal reign of Jesus.  Jesus will have a physical throne in the Temple (Ezek. 43:7).

Again, this is not about a piece of furniture, ultimately.  The throne represents Jesus' power and authority on earth as King. 

Just out of curiosity, do you hold to a post-tribulation view?   I don't want this to go off into a rapture discussion, I am just trying to get fix on your eschatological views so I understand where you are coming from.

Thank you for being interested. I have a pre-tribulation view, though I don`t believe the Body of Christ will return to earth. Thus our debate.

Now you said  - The throne represents Jesus' power and authority on earth as King. 

So are you saying - that David`s throne represents Jesus` power & authority on earth as King.

What authority and power do you see, has been invested in  `David`s throne.`

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Marilyn C said:

Thank you for being interested. I have a pre-tribulation view, though I don`t believe the Body of Christ will return to earth. Thus our debate.

Now you said  - The throne represents Jesus' power and authority on earth as King. 

So are you saying - that David`s throne represents Jesus` power & authority on earth as King.

What authority and power do you see, has been invested in  `David`s throne.`

The authority/power of Jesus.  It is His throne. As God, His authority is fully vested in that throne.  I would think that is self-evident. 

29 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The authority/power of Jesus.  It is His throne. As God, His authority is fully vested in that throne.  I would think that is self-evident. 

Then why is it called `David`s Throne or the throne of David?

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Then why is it called `David`s Throne or the throne of David?

Because Jesus inherited it from David, as Jesus is of the royal line of David, as the Messiah and is the rightful heir of the throne.  That is established in both Matthew 1: 1-17 and Luke 1:32,33 (Cf. Isaiah 9: 6-7).