IGNORED

Does the Body of Christ rule on earth in the millennium?

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I certainly would never consider this fallen earth as my inheritance. Even in the millennium it is still corrupted and defiled.

Some examples -

- Looking on the corpses of the men who have transgressed against the Lord. (Isa. 66: 24)

- They will have to rebuild the old ruins & repair the ruined cities. (Isa. 61: 4)

- They will beat their swords into ploughshares & their spears into pruning-hooks, going back to basic farming. (Micah 1 & 3)

- People die. (Isa. 65: 20)

- People will have a plague sent among them if they do not come up to Jerusalem to celebrate the feast of Tabernacles & worship the king. (Zech. 14: 17 & 18)

- Satan will be let loose and finally gather the nations and surround Jerusalem. (Rev. 20: 7 – 9)

This is definitely NOT the incorruptible and undefiled inheritance that is my hope, my calling, reserved in heaven for me.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Marilyn C said:

I certainly would never consider this fallen earth as my inheritance. Even in the millennium it is still corrupted and defiled.

I didn't say it was our inheritance.

But even during the Millennium, the earth is going to be in a supernatural environment.   It won't be the earth we know today. And we will be working and serving God  on earth.  Jesus will be here and I don't mind being where Jesus is.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

I didn't say it was our inheritance.

But even during the Millennium, the earth is going to be in a supernatural environment.   It won't be the earth we know today. And we will be working and serving God  on earth.  Jesus will be here and I don't mind being where Jesus is.

And scriptures to show this (highlighted)?

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

And scriptures to show this (highlighted)?

Well first of all, it is the rule of God on earth (Ps. 2:8; Isa. 11: 9, 14, 42:4; Jer. 23:3-6; Dan. 2:35-45; Zech. 14:1-9).   Note that Jesus' reign as described in Isaiah 11 also mentions  wolves, lambs, leopards, kids, calves, young lions, and these are animals found on earth, so it has earth in view, not Heaven.  These animals, for the duration of the Millennium will not be the predators or prey that we know them to be today.  (Isa. 65:25)

Satan will be bound and thrown into a pit for the duration of the Millennium (Rev. 20: 1-3).  

The Shekinah Glory of God will be over the city of Jerusalem and a canopy to give it shade and protection (Isa. 4:5-6).

In Ezekiel 40-48, we have a supernaturally built Temple that Jesus will be sitting in and from that temple and the water will go down to the desert and down into the Dead Sea and it's waters will be "healed" and there will be fish in it.

Disease will not be present in the Millennium (Isa. 33:24)

Waters will flow into the deserts making them fertile (Isa. 35:6-7)

People will live longer much like they did before the flood (Isa. 6:20, 22).

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

... during the Millennium, the earth is going to be in a supernatural environment.   It won't be the earth we know today.

So let`s have a closer look at some of your scriptures, & some others.

FOR ISRAEL IN THE MILLENNIUM.

The Shekinah glory of God will be over the city of Jerusalem.

`...the Lord will create above every dwelling-place of Mount Zion, and above her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day and the shining of a flame by night. For over all the glory there will be a covering. And there will be a tabernacle for shade in the daytime from the heat, for a place of refuge, and for a shelter from storm and rain.` (Isa. 4: 5 & 6)

`The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, the lion shall eat straw like the ox, and dust shall be the serpent`s food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain.` (Isa. 66: 25)

`Look upon Zion, the city of our appointed feasts; your eyes will see Jerusalem, a quiet habitation,….then the prey of great plunder is divided; the lame will take their prey, and the inhabitant will not say, “I am sick.” The people who dwell in it will be forgiven their iniquity.` (Isa. 33: 20 - 24)

Thus we see that it is only in Jerusalem that there is God`s glory, the animals are tame, and no one is sick.

THROUGH OUT THE EARTH.

The waters of the earth, rivers and sea that were turned to blood will be cleansed. Trees along the river will give fruit for food and leaves for medicine.

`This water, (from Jerusalem) flows towards the eastern region, goes down into the valley, and enters the sea. When it reached the sea its waters are healed. And it shall be that every living thing that moves, wherever the rivers go, will live. There will be a great multitude of fish because the waters go there; for they will be healed, and everything will live wherever the river goes....

But its swamps and marshes will not be healed, they will be given over to salt. Along the bank of the river, on this side and that, will grow all kinds of trees used for food; their leaves will not wither, and their fruit will not fail. They will bear fruit every month, because the waters flow from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food and their leaves for medicine.`(Ez. 47: 8 - 12)

People will live longer lives. (Isa. 65: 20)

However, amid all the good change there is still hard work, sin, sickness, disease and death.

The bodies of the wicked will need burial.

`And they shall go forth and look upon the corpses of the men who have transgressed against me. (Isa. 66: 24)

Much rebuilding and basic farm work for food.

`And they shall rebuild the old ruins, they shall raise up the former desolation, and they shall repair the ruined cities.` (Isa. 61: 4)

`They shall beat their swords into ploughshares & their spears into pruning-hooks’` (Micah 4: 3)

If a family does not go up to Jerusalem once a year to worship, then no rain will be given them for their crops. No rain, no crops, famine, sickness, disease and death.

`And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain.
If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the feast of Tabernacles.` (Zech. 14: 17 & 18)

So we see that although there are great changes, especially in Jerusalem, that there is still the hard work on the earth plus famine and plague for disobedient.

So I wouldn`t say the earth will be in a supernatural environment, as you say. It is only a small part that has the glory. And people will still have to work the land to obtain food and rebuild houses etc. So it is still much like this earth today.

Guest shiloh357
9 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

So let`s have a closer look at some of your scriptures, & some others.

FOR ISRAEL IN THE MILLENNIUM.

The Shekinah glory of God will be over the city of Jerusalem.

`...the Lord will create above every dwelling-place of Mount Zion, and above her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day and the shining of a flame by night. For over all the glory there will be a covering. And there will be a tabernacle for shade in the daytime from the heat, for a place of refuge, and for a shelter from storm and rain.` (Isa. 4: 5 & 6)

`The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, the lion shall eat straw like the ox, and dust shall be the serpent`s food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain.` (Isa. 66: 25)

`Look upon Zion, the city of our appointed feasts; your eyes will see Jerusalem, a quiet habitation,….then the prey of great plunder is divided; the lame will take their prey, and the inhabitant will not say, “I am sick.” The people who dwell in it will be forgiven their iniquity.` (Isa. 33: 20 - 24)

Thus we see that it is only in Jerusalem that there is God`s glory, the animals are tame, and no one is sick.

No, that is as incorrect analysis of those passages.

What you're failing to take into account is the universal nature of His rule on earth.   The conditions listed in those verses are not limited to just Jerusalem and its environs.  What is true about that description of Jerusalem will true of the world as those conditions are going to radiate from Jerusalem throughout the whole world. 

The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. Isaiah 2:2–4; Micah 4:1–3

The word of God is going to go from Jerusalem, out to the whole world and He will judge between nations and there is going to be a time of genuine peace.   This is further emphasized in these passages:

All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations. He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire. For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth. God reigneth over the heathen: God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness. For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding. He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.  Psalm 22:27–28; 46:9; 47:2,7–8; 72:4

So there is a universal aspect of Jesus reign in Israel that is going to have a universal impact on the world at that time. 

The world is going to be ruled by Jesus and by the government He establishes in Israel.  He will end all war, all oppression during that time. 

Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously. Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof. Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.  Psalm 96:10–13; Isaiah 11:1–5

Yes, that particular manifestation of God's glory will be over Jerusalem.  But the glory of God will radiate from Jerusalem around the the world.  Note Isa. 11:9.   They will not hurt in His holy mountain, because THE EARTH will be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the see.   The implication is that the curse of sin will be removed to some extent and while this begins Israel, it is not limited to Israel.  It will have a universal impact on life during the Messianic Kingdom.  There is a supernatural aspect to His earthly Kingdom that is completely undeniable.

However, amid all the good change there is still hard work, sin, sickness, disease and death.

The bodies of the wicked will need burial.

`And they shall go forth and look upon the corpses of the men who have transgressed against me. (Isa. 66: 24)

But that is referring to the bodies of those destroyed during the Tribulation and at the war of Armageddon.  There is going to be months of rebuilding and restoration taking place, especially in between the 2nd coming and the inauguration of the Messianic Kingdom.

It's not the New Heavens and New earth, but the Millennium will be far, far better than the age in which we live now. 

If a family does not go up to Jerusalem once a year to worship, then no rain will be given them for their crops. No rain, no crops, famine, sickness, disease and death.

`And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain.
If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the feast of Tabernacles.` (Zech. 14: 17 & 18)

It will be an intolerant reign.  The Millennium isn't a Democracy.  It is a united Monarchy.   Compliance will be mandatory and those who rebel will be punished by the Lord, supernaturally. And it is likely that they will come into compliance.

The believers who got saved during the Tribulation and who survived the Tribulation will, during the Millennium, will not have glorified bodies and they will continue to have children and live much longer lives than they do now.   But their children may or may not be become believers.   There is, in Rev. 20: 7-9 a massive army, numbering as the sands of sea shore, that Satan will amass after he is is released from the pit at the end of the Millennium, which will comprise the unregenerate descendants of the Tribulation saints.

So I wouldn`t say the earth will be in a supernatural environment, as you say. It is only a small part that has the glory. And people will still have to work the land to obtain food and rebuild houses etc. So it is still much like this earth today.

No, the biblical description tells us that it will be a supernatural environment and that is the only correct and the only Bible way to look at it.   I didn't say the earth will be absolutely perfect as we would expect to see in the New Heavens and New Earth, but we can see that the millennial reign of Christ will be universal and will have a positive, universal impact on the earth at that time, and the world will be a much, much better tp live  than it is now.

13 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

What you're failing to take into account is the universal nature of His rule on earth.   The conditions listed in those verses are not limited to just Jerusalem and its environs.  What is true about that description of Jerusalem will true of the world as those conditions are going to radiate from Jerusalem throughout the whole world. 

Yes, that particular manifestation of God's glory will be over Jerusalem.  But the glory of God will radiate from Jerusalem around the the world.  Note Isa. 11:9.   They will not hurt in His holy mountain, because THE EARTH will be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the see.   The implication is that the curse of sin will be removed to some extent and while this begins Israel, it is not limited to Israel.  It will have a universal impact on life during the Messianic Kingdom.  There is a supernatural aspect to His earthly Kingdom that is completely undeniable.

I do recognize that the Lord`s reign will be universal, - `rod of iron.` However the earth is NOT full of the glory of the Lord BUT the knowledge of the Lord. That is because they go up to Jerusalem to learn of His ways.

As you say -

`The believers who got saved during the Tribulation and who survived the Tribulation will, during the Millennium, will not have glorified bodies and they will continue to have children and live much longer lives than they do now.   But their children may or may not be become believers.   There is, in Rev. 20: 7-9 a massive army, numbering as the sands of sea shore, that Satan will amass after he is released from the pit at the end of the Millennium, which will comprise the unregenerate descendants of the Tribulation saints.`

This certainly isn`t a picture of those living in a `supernatural environment,` as you said. And the Lord wouldn`t be holed up in Jerusalem while Satan and the nations surround Him.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

I do recognize that the Lord`s reign will be universal, - `rod of iron.` However the earth is NOT full of the glory of the Lord BUT the knowledge of the Lord. That is because they go up to Jerusalem to learn of His ways.

Actually, it will be full of His glory because it is when God is known, it is the publishing of who He is and what He has done that brings Him honor and glory.   God is glorified when His character and operations are revealed and acknowledged in this world.  And that knowledge of Him will cover the world.

As you say -

`The believers who got saved during the Tribulation and who survived the Tribulation will, during the Millennium, will not have glorified bodies and they will continue to have children and live much longer lives than they do now.   But their children may or may not be become believers.   There is, in Rev. 20: 7-9 a massive army, numbering as the sands of sea shore, that Satan will amass after he is released from the pit at the end of the Millennium, which will comprise the unregenerate descendants of the Tribulation saints.`

This certainly isn`t a picture of those living in a `supernatural environment,` as you said. And the Lord wouldn`t be holed up in Jerusalem while Satan and the nations surround Him.

I presented a lot more about the earth's supernatural environment than that.  Satan and his army will make one last assault and this time it will be on the Messianic Kingdom and it will be an instant and supernatural slaughter.  It won't even be a battle, to be truthful.   I would say that given everything I have presented, there will be supernatural environment on earth during His reign.  People will live much, much longer, no disease, even the animal kingdom will be transformed, complete and utter world peace, the Shekinah Glory of God present over Jerusalem...  All of that is pretty much evidence of a supernatural environment.  

20 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

People will live much, much longer, no disease, even the animal kingdom will be transformed, complete and utter world peace, the Shekinah Glory of God present over Jerusalem...  All of that is pretty much evidence of a supernatural environment.  

`If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain, they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.` (Zech. 14: 18)

Quite clear there, bro, that there will be disease upon the earth in the millennium.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

`If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain, they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.` (Zech. 14: 18)

Quite clear there, bro, that there will be disease upon the earth in the millennium.

Right, but what I am saying is that we are not going to see things like HIV, various cancers, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer, Sclerosis, all of the pandemics and  other diseases we see and hear about today.   I was not talking about those who will face physical consequences for disobedience; that was a given.