IGNORED

Does the Body of Christ rule on earth in the millennium?

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Right, but what I am saying is that we are not going to see things like HIV, various cancers, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer, Sclerosis, all of the pandemics and  other diseases we see and hear about today.   I was not talking about those who will face physical consequences for disobedience; that was a given. 

Good explanation, thank you. However.....:rolleyes: if as you say that the Lord`s glory covers the earth, then how would people come out from under it by rebelling and therefore having no rain, and plague. That seems like they would not be under the `glory.`

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

And...if the Lord was physically on earth why isn`t He healing the sick and raising the dead, feeding the multitudes, turning water into wine, like He did when He was on earth before. Instead we read of `leaves,` as medicine, people dying, and a river changing the blood to fresh water?

Why is the Lord of heaven and earth, the ruler of angels, upholder of the universe and all things, etc sitting on a throne, in a room in the temple, waiting for people to come and worship Him once a week?

Why is sin not eradicated if the Lord, the saviour of the world, (as you said) is there?

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Good explanation, thank you. However.....:rolleyes: if as you say that the Lord`s glory covers the earth, then how would people come out from under it by rebelling and therefore having no rain, and plague. That seems like they would not be under the `glory.`

For the same reasons that man continues to rebel against the knowledge of God today.   Sin is not eradicated in Millennium; rather, what we see is a partial reduction in the effects of the curse of sin in the earth during the Millennium.   The offspring of the believers who survived the Tribulation will be unregenerate until they choose to accept the Lord.   Why will the majority of them  join Satan at the end of the 1,000 years when he is released to begin deceiving the peoples of the earth?

Unbelievers, today, are always telling us that they would believe in God and serve Him IF they had enough evidence.   What we see in Revelation 20 is  that even after Jesus has returned to earth for 1,000 years, even though the existence of God is no longer in dispute, they can no longer use a "lack of evidence"  to reject Him, they will reject Him, anyway.  They reject Him even though He is standing in front of them.

Mankind in his unregenerate state will react one of two ways to the glory of God.  He will either repent and call out to God for mercy, or He will be repelled and offended at the glory of God.  The Pharisees and religious leaders saw the glory of God in the life of Jesus when He was here the first time, and they hated Him all the more for it.

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

And...if the Lord was physically on earth why isn`t He healing the sick and raising the dead, feeding the multitudes, turning water into wine, like He did when He was on earth before. Instead we read of `leaves,` as medicine, people dying, and a river changing the blood to fresh water?

Well, the only place I find "leaves" for the healing of the nations is in Rev. 22:2 and that is part of a discussion about the New Heavens and New Earth.  Can you cite a Scripture pertaining to the Millennium that says there will be leaves for healing?

Why would we expect Jesus to revert back to His earthly ministry?  When Jesus came the first time, He operated in the office of a prophet under the Old Testament economy.   Jesus has returned as the King and Messiah of Israel and the eternal Sovereign over all of the earth.  So, His role will be much, much different than when He came the first time.   Those miracles He did the first time were to prove His claims to be sent from God, and to prove that He was indeed speaking the words of the Father as He claimed to be.  What we see in the Millennium will be better in scope than the limited healings He performed during His earthly ministry because people will be walking in divine health all over the world.   His effect on sickness and disease will be universal as opposed to his limited scope within the borders of ancient Israel in the 1st Century. 

As already stated, there will be some noticeable changes in the earth, as the earth will be partially restored following the Tribulation.  The earth will continue to bear the scars of the Tribulation, but the Lord will restore the earth to point that is even better than we know today, but not anywhere close to what it will be like in the New Heavens and New Earth.

Why is the Lord of heaven and earth, the ruler of angels, upholder of the universe and all things, etc sitting on a throne, in a room in the temple, waiting for people to come and worship Him once a week?

Why not?  You  say that like it's a bad thing. What is the problem with that? 

Why is sin not eradicated if the Lord, the saviour of the world, (as you said) is there?

Because the day of judgment hasn't occurred yet, and God, true to His character is still giving unregenerate man enough time to turn to Him.  God's judgment is never rash or impulsive.  He continues to punish the nations who rebel, but not the point that they are outside redemption.  In the end, God's judgement always falls at an appointed time.   God doesn't judge man because God has run out of patience, but because man has run out of time.

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Well, the only place I find "leaves" for the healing of the nations is in Rev. 22:2 and that is part of a discussion about the New Heavens and New Earth.  Can you cite a Scripture pertaining to the Millennium that says there will be leaves for healing?

`Their fruit will be for food and their leaves for medicine.`(Ez. 47: 12)  I actually said `leaves,` as medicine`.

Now can you share what do you see God`s purpose is for the Millennium?

And also what purpose the overcomers have there?

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

`Their fruit will be for food and their leaves for medicine.`(Ez. 47: 12)  I actually said `leaves,` as medicine`.

Now can you share what do you see God`s purpose is for the Millennium?

And also what purpose the overcomers have there?

God's purpose for the Millennium is to fulfill prophecy to fulfill all of the promises He made to Israel.  Israel will finally be high above all the nations as God promised they would be.  

And lays out another aspect of His purpose in doing all of this, including the restoration of Israel:

Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. (Eze 36:22-27)

God's purpose in the Millennium is to sanctify His Name, to protect His reputation in the earth.  It is for His glory that He restores Israel fully during the Millennium.  He is proving His faithfulness to His Word in the face of Israel's disobedience.  Bible prophecy always emphasizes God's faithfulness.

As for those of us who will be believers, I believe I have already answered the question about our operations during the Millennium.   The Bible says that we will judge the nations and we will continue to serve God in during that time in other capacities.  The Bible doesn't lay out all of the details, but we will have responsibilities during that time.

19 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

God's purpose for the Millennium is to fulfill prophecy to fulfill all of the promises He made to Israel.  Israel will finally be high above all the nations as God promised they would be.  

And lays out another aspect of His purpose in doing all of this, including the restoration of Israel:

Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. (Eze 36:22-27)

God's purpose in the Millennium is to sanctify His Name, to protect His reputation in the earth.  It is for His glory that He restores Israel fully during the Millennium.  He is proving His faithfulness to His Word in the face of Israel's disobedience.  Bible prophecy always emphasizes God's faithfulness.

As for those of us who will be believers, I believe I have already answered the question about our operations during the Millennium.   The Bible says that we will judge the nations and we will continue to serve God in during that time in other capacities.  The Bible doesn't lay out all of the details, but we will have responsibilities during that time.

I also believe that God`s purpose for the millennium is to train Israel in ruling righteously under Him.

Do you believe Israel will continue to rule the nations in the New earth?

As to judges, we read that the priests of Israel will teach and stand as judges. (Ez. 44: 24)

Guest shiloh357
31 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

I also believe that God`s purpose for the millennium is to train Israel in ruling righteously under Him.

Do you believe Israel will continue to rule the nations in the New earth?

As to judges, we read that the priests of Israel will teach and stand as judges. (Ez. 44: 24)

No, as I don't "nations"  in the New Earth in the sense that we know them now.  I don't think the political boundaries that divide nations today, will exist in the New Earth.   The Bible often uses "nations"  to refer to people and not political entities, if that makes sense. 

When I think of our role as judges, this passage comes to mind:

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
(1Co 6:2-3)

19 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, as I don't "nations"  in the New Earth in the sense that we know them now.  I don't think the political boundaries that divide nations today, will exist in the New Earth.   The Bible often uses "nations"  to refer to people and not political entities, if that makes sense. 

When I think of our role as judges, this passage comes to mind:

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
(1Co 6:2-3)

So who are the kings of the earth, and who are they over?

And where will Israel be in the new earth?

As to the overcomers, they will judge the fallen angels in the tribulation and also the world system.

Where do you think they will be in the New Heavens and New Earth? 

Guest shiloh357
52 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

So who are the kings of the earth, and who are they over?

And where will Israel be in the new earth?

As to the overcomers, they will judge the fallen angels in the tribulation and also the world system.

Where do you think they will be in the New Heavens and New Earth? 

You are asking questions that require speculation and I am not going to sit and answer a litany of questions about things that the Bible doesn't give us enough light to answer.   If you don't have a rebuttal, then we need to end the debate.