IGNORED

Does the Body of Christ rule on earth in the millennium?

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Because Jesus inherited it from David, as Jesus is of the royal line of David, as the Messiah and is the rightful heir of the throne.  That is established in both Matthew 1: 1-17 and Luke 1:32,33 (Cf. Isaiah 9: 6-7).

I agree that Jesus the Son of Man has the moral right (righteous) and the legal right, (son of man, of the house of David, of the tribe of Judah, of the nation of Israel, and anointed of the Father) to the throne of David.

Do you believe this is the `throne,` the power & authority the Father gave Him? -

`...far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. And He put all things under His feet...` (Eph. 1: 21 & 22)

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Do you believe this is the `throne,` the power & authority the Father gave Him? -

`...far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. And He put all things under His feet...` (Eph. 1: 21 & 22)

No.

Eph. 1: 21-22, when quoted in its entirety says this along with v. 23:  

far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.
(Eph 1:21-23)

You will note that this is speaking to his relationship with the Church.   He is the head of the Church, which is His body. 

The throne of David is always on earth and speaks to Jesus' relationship to Israel as Israel's Messiah.   "Messiah"  is  an earthly title and it applies to Israel, exclusively.   "Messiah"  doesn't speak to Jesus' relationship to the Church because "Messiah"  is not a redemptive title.  It is the title given to Israel's King and Israel's King is Jesus.   Jesus is not the Church's "Messiah." 

Jesus will fulfill His prophetic role as Messiah when He returns bodily to earth (Revelation 19) and reigns on David's throne from His earthly temple for duration of the Millennium (Ezek. 43:7)

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

No.

Eph. 1: 21-22, when quoted in its entirety says this along with v. 23:  

far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.
(Eph 1:21-23)

You will note that this is speaking to his relationship with the Church.   He is the head of the Church, which is His body. 

The throne of David is always on earth and speaks to Jesus' relationship to Israel as Israel's Messiah.   "Messiah"  is  an earthly title and it applies to Israel, exclusively.   "Messiah"  doesn't speak to Jesus' relationship to the Church because "Messiah"  is not a redemptive title.  It is the title given to Israel's King and Israel's King is Jesus.   Jesus is not the Church's "Messiah." 

Jesus will fulfill His prophetic role as Messiah when He returns bodily to earth (Revelation 19) and reigns on David's throne from His earthly temple for duration of the Millennium (Ezek. 43:7)

I agree with you regarding Jesus as Israel`s Messiah & that He is Head of the Church, the Body of Christ. However the first part of that scripture I believe refers to the Lord`s authority and power given Him by the Father.

`...far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.` (Eph. 1:21)

How do you see that scripture in relation to the David`s Throne?

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

I agree with you regarding Jesus as Israel`s Messiah & that He is Head of the Church, the Body of Christ. However the first part of that scripture I believe refers to the Lord`s authority and power given Him by the Father.`

That Scripture, in its context, is talking about Jesus as the head of the Church.   He is not talking about Jesus role as Messiah.

...far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.` (Eph. 1:21)

How do you see that scripture in relation to the David`s Throne?

I already explained that in my previous post.

14 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That Scripture, in its context, is talking about Jesus as the head of the Church.   He is not talking about Jesus role as Messiah.

I already explained that in my previous post.

Now I`m not quite understanding your view.

I see that you are saying that Christ is the Messiah to Israel, so what part do you see the Lord, the Head of the Body, & the Body of Christ have in the millennium?

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Marilyn C said:

Now I`m not quite understanding your view.

I see that you are saying that Christ is the Messiah to Israel, so what part do you see the Body of Christ have in the millennium?

But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
(Dan 7:18)

And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
(Dan 7:27)

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
(1Co 6:2-3)

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
(Rev 2:26-27)

"Thou hast made them, that is the redeemed, to be a kingdom and priest and they will reign upon the earth," (Rev. 5:10)

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
(Dan 7:18)

And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
(Dan 7:27)

How can those `saints` be the Body of Christ, when that revelation was not made known to the sons of men in other ages? (Eph. 3: 5) The only saints in the OT are from Israel.

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

How can those `saints` be the Body of Christ, when that revelation was not made known to the sons of men in other ages? (Eph. 3: 5) The only saints in the OT are from Israel.

The revelation of the Church was not made known to the prophets like Daniel.  But remember, by the time the Millennium rolls around the "Church age"  is over.  The "Body of Christ"  metaphor the NT uses in reference to the Church only applies to believers during the Church age.   We will no longer be the "Body of Christ"  in the Millennium.   So the saints of the Millennium will include those who made up the Body of Christ in the Church age, the Tribulation believers who were martyred during the Tribulation and those believers who survived the Tribulation and the OT saints. 

13 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The revelation of the Church was not made known to the prophets like Daniel.  But remember, by the time the Millennium rolls around the "Church age"  is over.  The "Body of Christ"  metaphor the NT uses in reference to the Church only applies to believers during the Church age.   We will no longer be the "Body of Christ"  in the Millennium.   So the saints of the Millennium will include those who made up the Body of Christ in the Church age, the Tribulation believers who were martyred during the Tribulation and those believers who survived the Tribulation and the OT saints. 

so...does that mean that in the millennium that Jews from the Body of Christ will then be in Israel, while the Gentiles from the Body of Christ will then become the nations again?

BTW the OT saints are waiting for the `city` and are in the general assembly till then.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

so...does that mean that in the millennium that Jews from the Body of Christ will then be in Israel, while the Gentiles from the Body of Christ will then become the nations again?

I don't know.   The Bible doesn't tell us everything we would like to know.  There are a lot of nuts and bolts we will simply have to wait to find out about.  We will know when it comes to pass and we are in the millennium.