not a christian but

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

so Im trying to deal with some issues in my past Ive been married nearly 25yrs to a beautiful woman that has put up with alot, my question is am I accountable for making someone do something against there will?  SO I dont know how to put it my wife fell pregnant and I dont  want it.  Please dont judge me Im just asking

Edited by MrPopple

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Everyone will be held accountable to God for not only their action, but for the words we speak.

That said, your question is too vague to give an honest answer.  One could see this as you having to move due to a new job and your wife does not want to move, but you force her to move to keep the job.  Another would be putting a child to be against their will when it is bedtime.  Then there are sicker things such as spiking a drink so you could have your way.  Can you see my point?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

ok yes i understand let me think about that

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!

Guest BacKaran

Love bears all things, it's not about you, it's about a new baby's life.

If you became paralyzed, would your wife respond with, I dont want that.....?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

It's a complicated point. One of my friends partners became pregnant by stopping using the pill. She didn't tell him she had now she's pregnant. He wants an abortion but she doesn't. In essence she's enforced being a father on him it could be argued?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

15 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

It's a complicated point. One of my friends partners became pregnant by stopping using the pill. She didn't tell him she had now she's pregnant. He wants an abortion but she doesn't. In essence she's enforced being a father on him it could be argued?

There would be no argument in Gods eyes, only mans.  Taking a babies life, even when it is in the womb, is murder in my eyes, and I am sure it would be seen the same in Gods eyes.  We do need to have authority in a marriage, but when the head of the family goes against God, who do you think should be followed?  In a believers life, God takes center stage.

I also would think that if it went to court, which I doubt it would, the court would rule in favor of the mother and child. 

I wonder what the reason he would have for not wanting the child?  All I can think of are selfish reasons.  Children are a blessing only God can give.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, MrPopple said:

so Im trying to deal with some issues in my past Ive been married nearly 25yrs to a beautiful woman that has put up with alot, my question is am I accountable for making someone do something against there will?  SO I dont know how to put it my wife fell pregnant and I dont  want it.  Please dont judge me Im just asking

You married her. She's pregnant. You deal with it. You laid with her...you rise with her.

What you're basically asking is...how can you make your wife have an abortion?

The answer: Unacceptable. You knocked her up, you bring it out. Take responsibility as a man.

Agreed..the court would side with the mother. He was in a place where he's not ready to start a family...she knew this..I think honesty from the start from both sides can eliminate many problems. Even if he didn't want to be a dad it's a huge decision to have an abortion. I have just urged him to try and imagine if he can live with the implications afterwards rather than just an initial reaction.

Head of the family..please define what you mean? I'm very new here..I'm not well read in terms of the bible although I was brought up Christian. My upbringing wasn't really talked about massively when I was a kid in terms of living as a Christian. We had bible readings at school and went to church a few times a year via school rather than parents or friends. I'm starting to think about things more fully now. I'm enjoying reading posts here and thank you all for your patience

Popple I'd just ask you to think carefully and discuss fully with your partner. Clearly you can't force her against her will. You can put your case but all said and done ultimately it boils down to her decision. If she decides to keep the baby you need to work out your part in that and your child's future. I wish you well ..good luck for the future