• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Just now, Running Gator said:

On that same note, how many people on this forum would be questioning the validity of the charges it is was not someone from the beloved FoxNews?

Can't speak for others, but to me the employer is irrelevant.  Given the fact that millions of dollars was spent in an effort to make the problem go away (smoke), I think there may be an actual fire there.

It wouldn't matter if it were MSNBC, CNN, FOX or the NY Times - I'd say the same thing.

I added the 'hated Fox News' part  in my previous comment simply because EVERTHING is political these days.  And I suppose that explains your "beloved" comment, above.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

30 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

On that same note, how many people on this forum would be questioning the validity of the charges it is was not someone from the beloved FoxNews?

As a Fox viewer, although I watch other news as well, I believe the claims because there are so many of them and cover quite a length of time.  I never liked O'Reilly, sexist behavior aside, because he's a typical windbag know it all.  If there was nothing to these claims I doubt if all those millions would've been paid out to try and quash them.  Being a Fox viewer doesn't automatically make one a supporter of anything.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

As a Fox viewer, although I watch other news as well, I believe the claims because there are so many of them and cover quite a length of time.  I never liked O'Reilly, sexist behavior aside, because he's a typical windbag know it all.  If there was nothing to these claims I doubt if all those millions would've been paid out to try and quash them.  Being a Fox viewer doesn't automatically make one a supporter of anything.

I agree.   O'Reily's show always tended to be done to make him look good at others expense... 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Can't speak for others, but to me the employer is irrelevant.  Given the fact that millions of dollars was spent in an effort to make the problem go away (smoke), I think there may be an actual fire there.

It wouldn't matter if it were MSNBC, CNN, FOX or the NY Times - I'd say the same thing.

I added the 'hated Fox News' part  in my previous comment simply because EVERTHING is political these days.  And I suppose that explains your "beloved" comment, above.

Blessings,

-Ed

My beloved comment was a direct response to your "hated" comment. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

10 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

My beloved comment was a direct response to your "hated" comment. 

If there were a way to measure such things (there's not), I'd wager that the intensity of the hatred of those who whine about Fox News far exceeds the intensity of 'love' of those who watch it.

Which is silly - it's not like it's a monopoly or anything.  There are at least several competing outlets who cover stories that Fox does not cover, are there not?

Agree or not - but I believe a significant part of the 'outrage' at BOR's alleged behavior was due to where he worked.  Like I said, POLITICS is everywhere.

Even (and perhaps especially) when it shouldn't be.  We can all cite Ds and Rs (and Ls and Cs for that matter) who have committed sexual offences in public and or in private.  Some have paid a price -financial or otherwise.  Some have skated.

When it comes to boorish behavior, it's a non-partisan issue.

Blessings,

-Ed

1 hour ago, other one said:

I agree.   O'Reily's show always tended to be done to make him look good at others expense... 

I've asked others several times why O'Reilly even bothered to book guests....he could just have well interviewed himself for all the input they managed during his show.

32 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

If there were a way to measure such things (there's not), I'd wager that the intensity of the hatred of those who whine about Fox News far exceeds the intensity of 'love' of those who watch it.

Which is silly - it's not like it's a monopoly or anything.  There are at least several competing outlets who cover stories that Fox does not cover, are there not?

Agree or not - but I believe a significant part of the 'outrage' at BOR's alleged behavior was due to where he worked.  Like I said, POLITICS is everywhere.

Even (and perhaps especially) when it shouldn't be.  We can all cite Ds and Rs (and Ls and Cs for that matter) who have committed sexual offences in public and or in private.  Some have paid a price -financial or otherwise.  Some have skated.

Blessings,

-Ed

Indeed it is, Saved.  Maybe society will evolve past this type of thing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Maybe society will evolve past this type of thing.

perhaps sis that their are spiritual forces at work :)

car.JPG

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, a tryer said:

perhaps sis that their are spiritual forces at work :)

car.JPG

Where did you get that picture of my car???

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

25 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Blessings,

-Ed

I think it had less to do with where he worked and more to do with the fact he was a Conservative.  Conservatives have staked out the claim as the "party of morals" thus when one falls it is more of a spectacle.