IGNORED

Can scientists rejuvenate an aging brain with a protein found in umbilical cord blood?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

Can scientists rejuvenate an aging brain with a protein found in umbilical cord blood?

What old brains need is a shot of young blood — and the younger the better.

It may sound like a metaphor employed by a randy octogenarian. But new research on mice suggests it can be taken quite literally.

Writing in the journal Nature, Stanford University anti-aging researchers reported Wednesday that they have found a “restorative factor for the aged hippocampus.” It’s a protein called tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 2, or TIMP2, that is found in the blood of young humans — and most copiously in umbilical cord blood.

Harvested at the time of an infant’s birth, cord blood is a rich source of many known regenerative substances, including hematopoietic stem cells, the kind found in bone marrow. Cord blood is capable of treating more than 80 diseases, including blood cancers, inherited blood diseases such as sickle cell and thalassemia, and a range of immune deficiencies.

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-cord-blood-brain-20170419-story.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Many studies done on mice rarely carry over to humans. The same protein is found in larger quantity in alshiemers patients so the likely hood of this being some break through thing for memory in humans is small. It actually could be long term dangerous for people. And there is most likely a reason for our bodies having less of something as we age and giving it more may be costly in ways we no not of.

This is just another point of interest for science and has little or nothing to do with people, just yet anyway.

And that's what some researchers are saying, along those lines, what's meant for youth in the blood isn't meant for aging bodies, it can actually be dangerous. Studies have found the same protein they're talking about in young blood that seems to improve memory and attention in mice is found in quantity in alsheimer patients.

So in a way they may have found something of interest to come at a problem from another angle but pumping young blood into an aging body isn't something we should start doing.

Ya I think it's great you home birthed. The birth of my second daughter was so much better because the doctor was licking her fingers of donut sugar in the break room. The nurses had it together.

Edited by Zemke

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 4/20/2017 at 1:18 PM, BacKaran said:

All things are possible but all things are not beneficial..... We are all called to die...

Hey Karan,

im going to let you in on a secret. Shhhhhhhhh

im not going to die!  

Thats right! Shhhhhhhhhhhh

im going to be raptured.  Yes, I am going to be one of those fortunate ones to go from Earth to clouds bypassing grave. But shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh, in case you want to see me in the Bible, read Ref 7:9-17. Yep, there I am! 

But don't forget.......shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (it's a secret) 

thanks,

spock waiting to fly

On 4/22/2017 at 8:48 AM, Zemke said:

And that's what some researchers are saying, along those lines, what's meant for youth in the blood isn't meant for aging bodies, it can actually be dangerous. Studies have found the same protein they're talking about in young blood that seems to improve memory and attention in mice is found in quantity in alsheimer patients.

So in a way they may have found something of interest to come at a problem from another angle but pumping young blood into an aging body isn't something we should start doing.

Ya I think it's great you home birthed. The birth of my second daughter was so much better because the doctor was licking her fingers of donut sugar in the break room. The nurses had it together.

Party pooper! Lol

On 4/21/2017 at 9:31 PM, Abby-Joy said:

Speaking of cord blood ... the cord  blood is meant for the baby.  In hospital births, for the most part, they rush through everything... resulting in higher C-section rate, and things like the use of pitocin and episiotomty, etc ...and also, the cord is cut too soon, not allowing the baby to get all the benefits of the cord blood.  Four of my children were homebirthed and we  waited at least 5 to 10 minutes, some longer.  About 40% if the infant's intended blood volume is contained in the cord... 

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/reasons-not-to-cut-your-babys-umbilical-cord/

This is interesting.  Do you notice a change in your kids from other kids their age?  (Faster, smarter, younger looking.....)

On 4/20/2017 at 8:19 AM, worthy said:

What old brains need is a shot of young blood — and the younger the better.

It may sound like a metaphor employed by a randy octogenarian. But new research on mice suggests it can be taken quite literally.

Writing in the journal Nature, Stanford University anti-aging researchers reported Wednesday that they have found a “restorative factor for the aged hippocampus.” It’s a protein called tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 2, or TIMP2, that is found in the blood of young humans — and most copiously in umbilical cord blood.

Harvested at the time of an infant’s birth, cord blood is a rich source of many known regenerative substances, including hematopoietic stem cells, the kind found in bone marrow. Cord blood is capable of treating more than 80 diseases, including blood cancers, inherited blood diseases such as sickle cell and thalassemia, and a range of immune deficiencies.

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-cord-blood-brain-20170419-story.html

Where can I sign up....

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Spock said:

Where can I sign up....

Lol

2 hours ago, Spock said:

Party pooper! Lol

Ya as I was listening to a report about this I thought the same thing. But God put a limit and barriers at the tower of babel and things changed after the flood with aging and I find it interesting as we constantly move forward to break all those things down like language and boarders and chase longer life we find more conflicting difficulties.

But one day, maybe sooner than later, we may crack the code and then as God said, "and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them."

One people, one language, one religion and no living God. As the days of Noah.

Seems the hot overall agenda is to reproduce the garden and rebuild the tower.

Edited by Zemke