IGNORED

Can scientists rejuvenate an aging brain with a protein found in umbilical cord blood?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Abby-Joy said:

Of course I do, they are my kids! :P 

But seriously, all my homebirthed kids sat up between 4 to 5 months, average standing alone at about 6 to 7 months, and average walking by 9 months... all of them talked early ... first words around 4 to 5 months ... one daughter spoke in full sentences by 18 months and could carry a conversation ... I thought it was quite normal until people began making a big deal about it.  But my daughter before her who was born in a hospital (traumatic birth) wasn't sitting up until about 5 months, crawling at 6 months, pulling up at 7 months, stood alone at 9 months and was walking by 10 months... she did not speak in full sentences until age 2, and yet, she could recognize the alphabet at age 1 and was sounding out words at age 2 ... reading books at age 4, and reading 350wpm at age 7.  So, maybe it's genetics. lol 

My youngest son, was almost a month early, and we still had a homebirth ... he has done very well.  He's a whiz ... that kid could crawl up the stairs and slide back down in under a minute by 7 months and start a car at 20 months old (not fun for mom!!)  ... he was always figuring things out that didn't need figured out by a little toddler (locks, cars, machines, computers)! lol  He was riding a 2-wheeler at age 4.  All my kids are artistically inclined and creative (except my youngest is not in to art, lol)  ... great sense of humors... lol ... need I go on... and on... and on... ?  I think that most parents would, given the opportunity. 

Oh.. speaking of strong... my other son is 6ft, 3ins and about 200lbs ... people marvel over his physical strength.  A neighbor woman had a large riding mower and it's wheel came off... her teenage grandsons were looking for a jack to get it off the ground and put the wheel back on.  My son walked over, lifted it with one hand, and put the wheel on with the free hand, sat it back down.... and they stood there with their mouths hanging open.  My neighbor that it was the funniest thing! lol  He was born at home... 2 weeks past due ... placenta previa ... but the Lord kept us, with no transport to the hospital.  Would I recommend others do that? No... only if they knew the Lord was leading.  We both were fine, outside of signs of possible hemorrhage (me) but after we prayed, things calmed down to normal within a short time.  

Health-wise, they have done pretty well.  Again, some of that is probably because my children were breastfed, plus homebirthed, and not vaccinated  ... until, that is, we moved someplace where they did not allow us to have an exemption on vaccinations.  Three of my children had vaccines for the first time in 2012, and two of them got chicken pox from the stupid vaccine.  I did not continue their vaccines.    

My reply is all over the place, and I don't know if I answered your question or just bragged about my kids (lol) ... but there it is. :D 

I had a big grin on my face reading every word, despite them all being in red. :)

thanks. You sound like an awesome person and mom. I could have used you when my daughter was young. (I'm sure even a Dad could benefit from your expertise.) 

cheers,

spock

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

I changed the color just for you, brother .... plus, I like this color a lot, lol :D .... I get bored with the same font.  (lol)  

Anyway, I'm really glad you enjoyed my reply!  Thank you so much for the compliment.  It really means a lot to me. :)  I studied for awhile, to be a midwife.  I still have the books... they're old, but hey, not really much has changed about how babies are born.  lol  My husband caught 2 of ours who were born at home... since the midwife lived an hour away, and didn't make it in time.  So it's not all that complicated as some think. :) 

Blessings!

Abby

Abby,

Yes, that is much easier on the eyes, and you did it just for me! :)

Like I said, if I knew you 28 years ago, my daughter might not have been diagnosed With ADD and Who knows what other positive outcomes could have fallen her way. Oh well, live and learn.  One thing for sure, I would have made sure that doctor did not cut the cord so soon. 

Keep doing what you are doing.  You absolutely live up to your name because you bring so much JOY to those who touch you, like me for one.  :)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

They are trying to play God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

21 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

They are trying to play God.

You could say that about every single medication and medical procedure that is done. You could say that about the guys doing research to find a cure for Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, which I have. And if you really believe that you are entitled to stop taking any medicine or ever visiting a doctor...as for me...I say research on dudes...and if they find a genetic answer that let's me breath...sign me up!

Guest BacKaran

I recall Romania's crazy leader injected blood transfusions into new born babies umbilical cords, to raise their low birth weights up....Right... Tons of babies got AIDS from non tested tainted blood... Not tooooo smart...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

28 minutes ago, Logan said:

You could say that about every single medication and medical procedure that is done. You could say that about the guys doing research to find a cure for Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, which I have. And if you really believe that you are entitled to stop taking any medicine or ever visiting a doctor...as for me...I say research on dudes...and if they find a genetic answer that let's me breath...sign me up!

No I could not say that about every medical advancement that has been made. But sometimes they go above and beyond what is human. They forget who they really are.

Guest BacKaran

Can't wait that long, most babies waste under five lbs, so the thought was to fasten then up to world standards by giving them tainted blood... Sick is correct.