IGNORED

Why Risk Trust?

arphaxad

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

i was "in the loop" when you were in diapers, so I know what is taught and what is not. 

Evidently, not.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Evidently, not.

Well, since neither of us have a way to prove what is taught in your church, it should be easy to find some threads on this forum applying the appearance of evil to those topics.

I will be waiting for you to bring them forth.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Running Gator said:

Well, since neither of us have a way to prove what is taught in your church, it should be easy to find some threads on this forum applying the appearance of evil to those topics.

I will be waiting for you to bring them forth.

It's never really been addressed at all on this forum that I can recall, at least, no threads dedicated to that one verse.

But I have been in church for a very, very long time.  I am not as young as you apparently think I am, and anyone who has been in church for any length of time has heard teachings against greed, gluttony, alcoholism, smoking, etc.    So to pretend it was not or is not covered, is untrue.

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

The funny thing about scripture is it is not there to validate us.  So here is the worldly way.....if it is in contention what you hold dear, by all means change scripture rather then yourself.

nobody is changing anything, that is just a strawman.  Again, I am not questioning scripture or changing scripture.  I am challenging the application by some humans of a singular passage of scripture. 

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It's never really been addressed at all on this forum that I can recall, at least, no threads dedicated to that one verse.

But I have been in church for a very, very long time.  I am not as young as you apparently think I am, and anyone who has been in church for any length of time has heard teachings against greed, gluttony, alcoholism, smoking, etc.    So to pretend it was not or is not covered, is untrue.

I have heard hundreds, if not thousands of sermons on greed, gluttony, alcoholism, smoking and but never was I Thess 5:22 applied to them, with the exception of the Southern Baptist who use it to keep their members from having even a single beer. 

People love to stand up and point out how they are avoiding the appearance of evil by not being a car alone with a member of the opposite gender.  I have yet to find someone stand up and talk about how they are avoiding the appearance of evil by driving a 1000 dollar car or living in a tiny house. 

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

nobody is changing anything, that is just a strawman.  Again, I am not questioning scripture or changing scripture.  I am challenging the application by some humans of a singular passage of scripture. 

And so far, you have failed to actually demonstrate that our application is wrong.   You have complained a lot and deflected a lot, but have not offered any semblance of a refutation.

Guest shiloh357

I have heard hundreds, if not thousands of sermons on greed, gluttony, alcoholism, smoking and but never was I Thess 5:22 applied to them, with the exception of the Southern Baptist who use it to keep their members from having even a single beer.

Well, it is always applied to those issues including the beer.

People love to stand up and point out how they are avoiding the appearance of evil by not being a car alone with a member of the opposite gender.  I have yet to find someone stand up and talk about how they are avoiding the appearance of evil by driving a 1000 dollar car or living in a tiny house. 

It's not evil to be rich or to have a nice house or to have a nice car.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

And so far, you have failed to actually demonstrate that our application is wrong.   You have complained a lot and deflected a lot, but have not offered any semblance of a refutation.

Your opinion is that the application is correct, my opinion is that the application is wrong.  There is nothing to demonstrate after that, as there is nothing being discussed but the opinions on the application of a passage from the bible.  There has not been a single verse given to show that it is sinful for two people of opposite genders to ride alone in car or have business meal at public restaurant.  It is nothing but opinions.  

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

It's not evil to be rich or to have a nice house or to have a nice car.

And it is not evil to have a meal with a woman who is not a family member.   Yet one of them is forboden and the other is applauded and even revered.  

Guest shiloh357

Your opinion is that the application is correct, my opinion is that the application is wrong.  

If my application were wrong, you could demonstrate way.  But you can't.   My application is unassailably true and you have so far, not shown it to be otherwise.  Calling it archaic and sexist and trying to deflect to other issues don't count as refutations. 

There is nothing to demonstrate after that, as there is nothing being discussed but the opinions on the application of a passage from the bible.  There has not been a single verse given to show that it is sinful for two people of opposite genders to ride alone in car or have business meal at public restaurant.  It is nothing but opinions.  

No, my position isn't based on opinion.  It is based on the truth of Scripture and a direct command of God.